Game Day Round 9, 2024: Hawthorn v St.Kilda - UTAS Stadium, Launceston - Saturday 11th May, 1.45pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’d have to put the coaches under notice for this rubbish.
We are stuck with Lyon for awhile unfortunately, but there are serious red flags emerging.

Ross Lyon sides are just so damn predictable. Kids won't want to play for this direction less garbage. It's a stale, uninspired brand of footy.

Who wants to play in a side that can't kick more than 10 goals? Yuk.

I think we might be a bit out of balance with all of Hill, Nas, Bonner and Hastie to be honest. Even with pushing Sincs up into the middle, we've still got a bit too much in offense and rebound and not quite enough defensive pressure and physicality. I would look at subbing on Paton sooner rather than later, he can lock a player down and has that defensive side of his game as well as a bit of rebound ability.

It's been great getting some game time into Hastie and Garcia with our injuries and suspensions, but Garcia is starting to look a tad lost as a small forward instead of playing at stoppages and Hastie is still just learning where to run and when. The sooner we can get Higgins or Butler back in for Garcia the better.

We aren’t a contested side, aren’t a free wheeling side, don’t create space even though we are built to run. Can’t kick, can’t mark, don’t spread and there is a low effort energy over the whole side. I really can’t see what ever it is that our footy department is building. If you were trying to build the most boring team in existence they might be on the right track. I reckon we might be best to bottom out a couple of seasons, we are going nowhere.

A few points

• We seem half committed while Hawthorn are all-in
  • Hawks are nailing their chances in front of goal while we are not
  • Our midfield sucks - Jai Newcombe must have broken 10 attempted tackles
  • The umps are having a howler and it is all one-way. Probably 5 shocking decisions in their favour with none for us
  • Marshall has been cooked since his epic, record breaking game a few weeks back. Needs a rest and I wish we would give him a break and let Campbell play one game
  • Seb is cooked
  • Sincs is a half back

Edit: I've been extremely critical of Bonner but he has probably been out best player so far

I think we might be a bit out of balance with all of Hill, Nas, Bonner and Hastie to be honest. Even with pushing Sincs up into the middle, we've still got a bit too much in offense and rebound and not quite enough defensive pressure and physicality. I would look at subbing on Paton sooner rather than later, he can lock a player down and has that defensive side of his game as well as a bit of rebound ability.

It's been great getting some game time into Hastie and Garcia with our injuries and suspensions, but Garcia is starting to look a tad lost as a small forward instead of playing at stoppages and Hastie is still just learning where to run and when. The sooner we can get Higgins or Butler back in for Garcia the better.

We have no real ruck dominance and poor quality players in the midfield. If it’s the age of the midfielder we are still a donkey cart.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Windy playing well

Bonner doing some good things

Hilly is Hilly

Hawks are playing well.

We need a new forwards coach

I feel like a midfield coach wouldn't hurt too.

Our ability to score is nowhere near up to standard. Pathetic, really

I feel like this side has zero mojo right now. Poorly trained monkeys.

This will be a dour game as our mids are playing very defensive to negate Meek’s impact with their mids. We cannot afford to let their mids takeover.

we keep our rep as the masters of the"breakout"game,this time its mr.Lloyd Meek

other observation is the biased commentary,is this an afl or media directive?the essendon game was a shocker,but today hawk tackles"was that holding the ball?"saint tackles"was that high?"

just from other games ive watched this season(saint and non saint)there seems to be a massive trend towards the bigger/more successful club

if a single mum widow with 6 kids went into the lottery vs bill gates,these guys would be seriously cheering on gates

freo fans crying,they dont know about our reputation as masters of the BREAKOUT game

The Lord has well and truly arrived

You guys absolutely bent us over for this one, we got a crippled Jaegar who we only play because he got 4 years (sunk cost fallacy in play) and you got a genuine gun ruckman + the upgrade in picks

The F2 ended up helping our for Ginnivan too right? Massive Massive trade for the Hawks

Yes it does seem to be focusing more on the Hawks than the Saints. Maybe because they are showing more to this point, who knows. But I can’t stand listening to Gary Lyon commentate us. Seems to be a bias against.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Coffield was a good one on one interceptor.

A few points

• We seem half committed while Hawthorn are all-in
  • Hawks are nailing their chances in front of goal while we are not
  • Our midfield sucks - Jai Newcombe must have broken 10 attempted tackles
  • The umps are having a howler and it is all one-way. Probably 5 shocking decisions in their favour with none for us
  • Marshall has been cooked since his epic, record breaking game a few weeks back. Needs a rest and I wish we would give him a break and let Campbell play one game
  • Seb is cooked
  • Sincs is a half back

Edit: I've been extremely critical of Bonner but he has probably been out best player so far

Seb looks like he’s trying. Steele is cooked. Marshall, King and Steele are a liability.

Our coaches need to earn their money and make some changes to try and turn this game around in our favour.

Subbing on Paton would be a good start, he probably won't help us score goals but he should help stop them scoring goals.

Pushing King up to CHF and having another forward like Membrey or Hayes at full forward might help too, just try something.

Windy playing well

Bonner doing some good things

Hilly is Hilly

Hawks are playing well.

We need a new forwards coach

I feel like a midfield coach wouldn't hurt too.

Our ability to score is nowhere near up to standard. Pathetic, really

I feel like this side has zero mojo right now. Poorly trained monkeys.

Oh yeah... forgot...Owens should be playing midfield

we get a few fast breaks leading to inside 50s but our forwards are always running back to goal for a 60m roost, but the whole fifty is free, get active, wait until your def looks away then cut back into the corridor or lead to the kicker... don't mean to pile on but king just doesn't feel like a natural forward, very predictable patterns when playing deep and means hawthorn can set up super easy cos they know where it's going. KING SHOULD PLAY CHF AND HAYES DEEP FFS ITS SO OBVIOUS YOU IDIOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back