Prediction Round 9, 2024: Changes vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was devastated for both Yeo and Long but the news about Waterman (despite it probably being the shortest spell out of the 3) makes it even worse :(

With 3 forced outs I would give the likes of Sheed /Ryan another week to keep the team consistent-ish , but perhaps one of them should Sub so Hall or Johnson get decent day time

I wouldn't rest Reid since he was rested last week- let him play him in his home state

Prior to these outs I fancied our chances of an upset or at least another honourable loss given the game's at Marvel and Collingwood themselves have been inconsistent (probably moreso than Essendon who I follow closely) but now I'm mentally prepared for a 50+ loss :(

Out: Long (inj), Yeo (inj) , Waterman (inj)
In: Maric, Brockman, Hall

Last edited:
The passage of play that summed up Sheed best was when he took his only mark for the game in the last quarter and didn’t even think about playing on or kicking forward quickly when we were on a fast break. Didn’t even look inboard for a short 45. Took his 5 seconds and bombed down the line to a contest.

Question?

Harry Edwards is playing decent today.

Would it be worth bringing him back and moving Gov to Watermans spot?

I know Gov has been a rock but Pies don't have that many tall fwds (that I can think of)

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Question?

Harry Edwards is playing decent today.

Would it be worth bringing him back and moving Gov to Watermans spot?

I know Gov has been a rock but Pies don't have that many tall fwds (that I can think of)

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

It would be worth seeing, but it's not how our match committee works. Bring Edwards in anyway to at least free Gov up a bit behind the ball. Maric will be back presumably so it's still a new look forward line with him at CHF and Darling at FF. Expect Jack Williams to out score both of them.

has anyone mentioned that if Maynard is playing Liam Ryan is liable to do anything, could be a stunning return to form on the cards he loves giving it to that flog.

No one from WAFL should be getting a call up next week. There was nothing to like out of that performance.

OUT: Waterman, Yeo, Long
IN: Maric, Johnston, Hunt

Brockman can be sub.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The passage of play that summed up Sheed best was when he took his only mark for the game in the last quarter and didn’t even think about playing on or kicking forward quickly when we were on a fast break. Didn’t even look inboard for a short 45. Took his 5 seconds and bombed down the line to a contest.
He just doesn't get it. Barely WAFL level now. He is just painful to watch.

Hopefully Hunt is back. He’s an upgrade on Witherden. Brockman & Maric come back in to replace the loss of a couple of forwards & bring in Trew and let him get to work in his natural position. No excuses for him to come in & play Wing /HFF.

Hunt - Witherden
Long - Brockman
Waterman - Maric
Yeo - Trew

Sheed is lucky Yeo is injured. Saves him for the week. I’d love to play Hall but feel like it might make us a bit too young.

This is the scenario that makes the Trew non-selection against Gold Coast puzzling.

Given Reid was out we were always asking Yeo to do too much of the heavy lifting at the coal face against a stacked Suns on ball brigade.

Now I know Trew isn’t necessarily a world beater but on exposed WAFL form he was the next best inside mid option to come in. Instead he’s training with the ammos during the WAFL bye and cops a stray elbow or some other type of concussive blow and is out for selection against the Dons.

Why’d we keep him on the list if we aren’t gonna pick him?

Might be tough for him to come straight into the 22 against the Pies having missed two weeks of footy.

Brockman is a no go. He skipped the WAFL game to go to a funeral and basically seems like he did a runner without telling anyone.

I imagine he will be in the WAFL for more then a few weeks because of it.
Pretty sure someone posted during the week that he wasn't playing this weekend because of a family funeral

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back