Game Day Round 8 vs. Carlton, MCG, 7:40pm Fri 03/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

For anyone hand wringing about the prospect of Carlton finally having a somewhat relevant year, please remember to stop and smell the flowers in the good time. There hasn’t been a single team as shithouse as Carlton in the past two decades (most weeks at bottom of ladder).

I know some of you are scarred from decades past (I’ve literally never seen them being anything but a rabble except when I was too young to care) but all the more reason to appreciate things when you have them, like their utterly pitiful performance in the last 25y leaving a big black mark on their club history.
I still chuckle remembering when they won the Wizard Cup and finished on the bottom in the same year. Wizard Spooners! 🤣

JOSH DAICOS OUT !

NO DAICOS NO DEGOEY NO MITCHELL NO MIDFIELD

WE ARE DONE NO MIDFIELD

CANT BARE TO WATCH TONIGHT
TIME TO PANIC! I REPEAT, TIME TO PANIC!

It's all very well to say that Fin only needs to continue playing well to get another chance, but how many times can we say this only to watch him fall back after not making the leap to AFL? This time though his BOG performance last week is overlooked, perhaps because Sullivan is a cleaner swap for Mitchell.

The problem is that in his 4th year, and with Adams at SYD, many expected Finn would become a regular, when he can't even get a game. I think he's another Callum Brown who is never quite going to make it. For his and our sake, I hope he proves me wrong.
All genuine concerns.. Realistically though, what other avenue does he have before him? He can suck it up, grind away and take his opportunity when next presented, or pack it in and tread a more negative path.

As I stated - I believe in this instance Sullivan was next cab and was also the cleaner swap, which you also inferred. I will further say, I have been a little disappointed in how Finn has been utilised this year. I think he required/deserved a greater opportunity and more playing time when he was in the team. That's purely my perspective, I'm obviously not part of the coaching panel and this simple fact can be debated by any and all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately I can't get a ticket tonight. Sold out a while ago, so there better be 100,000 at the game. So much for having a gold AFL membership.
I will be watching from the comfort of home. Besides Carlton supporters make me nervous anyway. They crowd our prisons and the parks are theirs after dark. Most, if not all of them are uncouth and lack football intelligence.

I do miss the days when I would venture out to that shab of ground called Princess Park and place myself in the Robert Heatly stand. The cries of "YOUZ" can't beat us would be heard amoungst that pea brained Cark-Ton supporter base.

Go pies. Do not give this mob a sniff.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I can't get a ticket tonight. Sold out a while ago, so there better be 100,000 at the game. So much for having a gold AFL membership.
I will be watching from the comfort of home. Besides Carlton supporters make me nervous anyway. They crowd our prisons and the parks are theirs after dark. Most if not all of them are uncouth and lack football intelligence.

I do miss the days when I would venture out to that shab of ground called Princess Park and place myself in the Robert Heatly stand. The cries of "YOUZ" can't beat us would be heard amoungst that pea brained Cark-Ton supporter base.

Go pies. Do not give this mob a sniff.

Join this group. People selling tickets

They kind of have though?!?
We can’t handle players that can only play one position. It’s been a hallmark since ‘22.
Adams left because of it, titch gets away with it because he is top 5% in that space…..but no one else does.

We’ve push the boundaries on list management in the last 2 years…I suspect Finn will be another casualty.
A possibility, but I'd like to think not... History dictates there are multitudes of successful AFL footballers who were limited to a singular skill-set. I know the modern game emphasises, versatility and athleticism, but I believe a good football brain and requisite skills can still play a role in today's game.

This is a tough one to debate though. Especially in relation to list management and future direction. Thus far, Finn hasn't taken the opportunities presented, but there are numerous factors and variables that have played a significant part in this determination. He is limited in his current scope as a player, but from what I've watched in his VFL performances, there is something tangible there and I believe he can still have a decent AFL career moving forward. Could go either way at this stage though.

What a bloody day work a nightmare!
Looking forward to getting home and having a nice few beers on the couch and see the boys go about getting one over the scum in a huge Friday night blockbuster.
Very jealous of all those getting to the game today, be loud and Go Pies!!!

So do the Carlton fans around me. I live in a very ‘Carlton centric’ area of Melbourne, and I’ve seen numerous Blues jumpers and scarves today.

At the local Woolies this morning, a guy serving at one of the checkouts was wearing his Carlton jumper. I actually asked another staff member if he was ‘allowed’ to do that, and whether ‘his boss knew about it’. Her reply to me -‘are you a Collingwood supporter?’.

Fair enough.

But it’s very distressing, and not even September.
VP, reminds me of the time last year they’d won a few games, and I think we had lost to the Dees on KB. So we are 11-2 win-loss. I wear one of the old looking bomber jackets that’s nice and warm, just because I’m a bit body conscious, and it distracts from my misshapen head.

This moron, typical millennial, starts bagging me for being a pies fan. I can take a LITTLE bit, but losing to the Dees given our form, was hard to stomach at the time. So, I politely asked him through gritted teeth, who he barracked for himself. By that stage, the missus who is Geelong, had quick stepped out of Coles and taken our two year old, since she knew I might explode. His response?

“The most successful club in history, you boomer. Carlton!”

First off, how am I a “boomer” since I’m only 33 on Monday? Second, the cheek of this young bloke.

But, hopefully all this uppety will see them with egg on their faces tomorrow morning. That, or they can lay an egg tonight, and their droves of bandwagoners can face plant into it! 😂

That wouldn’t be a Karen. That would be a good citizen.
Man ought to be arrested for wearing that filth in public.
I think it’s pretty common for most misguided youths to wear rags not even befitting the excrement from my digestive system. Some people are just destined to be fools for life 🤷🏼‍♂️

VP, reminds me of the time last year they’d won a few games, and I think we had lost to the Dees on KB. So we are 11-2 win-loss. I wear one of the old looking bomber jackets that’s nice and warm, just because I’m a bit body conscious, and it distracts from my misshapen head.

This moron, typical millennial, starts bagging me for being a pies fan. I can take a LITTLE bit, but losing to the Dees given our form, was hard to stomach at the time. So, I politely asked him through gritted teeth, who he barracked for himself. By that stage, the missus who is Geelong, had quick stepped out of Coles and taken our two year old, since she knew I might explode. His response?

“The most successful club in history, you boomer. Carlton!”

First off, how am I a “boomer” since I’m only 33 on Monday? Second, the cheek of this young bloke.

But, hopefully all this uppety will see them with egg on their faces tomorrow morning. That, or they can lay an egg tonight, and their droves of bandwagoners can face plant into it! 😂

I know we go on about it, but we older posters are trying to prepare you youngsters for the worst. Life is hell when Carlton are successful. It’s literally unbearable.

I’ve been texting today with some of my old Pies friends. Without exception, we are terrified of what might happen. If not tonight, then in September. It’s like preparing for Armageddon.

I love how all the rage is on the Blues. All the "experts" are tipping them, Kane Cornes said they should "win comfortably".

Sure they should be favourites but I think it's overdone, they've only played 2 good halves against Brisbane and GWS. 1 win from last 3. It will be tight.

Tom Mitchell played 65 games in 5 years at Swans and probably not many in the first 2 or 3.
Even some of the stars had to wait a while to become regulars. Fin has played less than Titch did but hopefully he clicks and can become a regular from late this year or from next season.
He played 0, 14, 6, 19, 26

I still chuckle remembering when they won the Wizard Cup and finished on the bottom in the same year. Wizard Spooners! 🤣
Better still, Their B&F rightly named after big John Nichols who was convicted by a court for emblezzement and Larceny in 1960.What a real nice guy, stealing money from good hard working people who trusted him.
Served 3 months in the old Pentridge Prison before being realsed to play against Richmond in Round 12.

And so started the dynasty of the brown paper bags.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back