Prediction Round 8: Changes Vs North Melbourne + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

They need a run for sure..Wilson is in good form by all accounts. We are spoilt by choice atm

Yeah and I am thinking Ethan Hughes if we have a massive height problem in the forward line could be
handy to run in there. Ethan can play back, on ball and with his marking, could play forward.
Hughes is ideal for emergency especially this week.

True. It'd also be nice for the mental health of all involved that we win against one good club this year.
Which in our fixture leaves you guys and the Dees.
Yeah, you're just buttering us up. Let's be honest. Statistically you guys have the advantage on us for age, games played, height, and number of players with hyphenated names.

Wr are clear under-dogs hoping for a decent contest.

Interesting to hear that JL went to cox very early in the week and told him he's staying in defence. That was even before logue was out. So if he's not playing fwd when both of our KPF are out and our defence is at full strength then there's basically zero chance they'll trial it for the rest of the season.

Interesting to hear that JL went to cox very early in the week and told him he's staying in defence. That was even before logue was out. So if he's not playing fwd when both of our KPF are out and our defence is at full strength then there's basically zero chance they'll trial it for the rest of the season.

Cox was the first name that came to mind hearing that our forward line was depleted.

Do you not see the irony of proclaiming how much a 30yo has improved while simultaneously writing off a 20yo?

What irony? People for years have said Coyler can't kick, was hasn't been true, while for years saying Henry has elite skills, which isn't true.

What I'm implying is Henry doesn't have elite skills, that's just a fact

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Saving him for the grand final

Sonny showed more in his first few seasons before ross lyon transformed him.

I remember that banana kick at the gabba that won us the game i think in 2011.

Does anyone remember one moment from Henry that went gee he has some class.
LOL yeah there are a lot actually. Left foot (non preferred) snap from the pocket dribble goal vs Collingwood, fight for 50/50 ball then snap running away from Daniels vs Bulldogs, multiple sublime inside 50 to easy marks inside 50 and there are a lot more. His issue is he doesn't do it often enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cox was the first name that came to mind hearing that our forward line was depleted.
Personally knew it was 0% chance. He hasn't played him forward since becoming coach.

Remember round one last year when Pearce played forward and Cox played back? That was confirmation in my eyes that Cox is a defender for good.

Wouldn't mind Cox forward as a break glass incase of emergency/shock tactic, but JL rates his defensive skills too much, which I kinda understand

Personally knew it was 0% chance. He hasn't played him forward since becoming coach.

Remember round one last year when Pearce played forward and Cox played back? That was confirmation in my eyes that Cox is a defender for good.

Wouldn't mind Cox forward as a break glass incase of emergency/shock tactic, but JL rates his defensive skills too much, which I kinda understand

Crazy stuff really, they are both forwards on paper. Who's complaining but. Great players and both vital cogs in our grand plan.

Sonny showed more in his first few seasons before ross lyon transformed him.

I remember that banana kick at the gabba that won us the game i think in 2011.

Does anyone remember one moment from Henry that went gee he has some class.
Well yeah vs collingwood last year with his dribble from the boundary and then the composure and smarts to find bewley wide open in the 50. we dont win that game if it werent for him.

I think with Pearce and Griff in the form they are in now, moving him forward for a game wouldn't impact us too much defensively at all. but clearly JL thinks otherwise.

It is not just the defensive skills; removing him from defence means it is less likely that we get the ball in our forward line in a fast effective fashion as well because he is a major contributor to our rebound ability, which is our/Longmuirs' preferred form of scoring.

What irony? People for years have said Coyler can't kick, was hasn't been true, while for years saying Henry has elite skills, which isn't true.

What I'm implying is Henry doesn't have elite skills, that's just a fact

Are you saying your implying it is a fact? That's a solid claim.

Any claims he "doesn't have elite skills" is too general and unverifiable to be a "fact". It's opinion.

Thinking Henry has "elite" skills yet needs players to get covid to get a game? Seems legit

Well most would agree Amiss is an elite set shot yet he needs covid to get a game.

Henry is a developing player like Amiss, albeit a couple of years older. My point earlier was just highlighting the curiosity that you seem happy to write Henry off while also acknowledging that a player like Colyer was able to improve well into old age (for an AFL player).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back