AFLW Autopsy Round 7 - Swans vs Gold Coast Suns Saturday 8th Oct @1:30pm Henson Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
1664975907132.png

The Swans play their very first match at Henson Park, this weekend. Amy Whelan will miss the rest of the season due to injury so we an expect some team changes.

Its going to be a tough game as Suns are sitting 9th on the ladder while the Swans are still find their first year in AFLW providing opportunities to learn against quality opposition.

Note: Tickets will not be available for sale at the match. All tickets must be bought before game day.

SYDNEY

B:
E.Heads 12 B.Tarrant 20
HB: M.Eastman 9 B.Smith 11 A.Woodward 13
C: R.Sargant-Wilson 6 M.Ham 18 L.Steane 21
HF: S.Skinner 15 A.Morphett 7 S.Dargan 5
F: R.Privitelli 19 B.Lochland - C 1
Foll: A.Hamilton 30 S.Hurley 25 C.Hamilton 10
I/C: A.Newman 16 K.Beesley 26 B.Kennedy 2 L.Szigeti 28 M.Collier 14

Emerg: Z.Hurrell 17 G.Lawson Tavan 24 S.Ford 3

In: A.Morphett, R.Privitelli
Out: P.Sheppard (illness), G.Lawson Tavan (omitted)

Really shit luck for us to have our first home game at a ground that I could see us enabling a decent niche for be so affected by rain. A potentially decent crowd won't turn out especially given like there's only about 500 seats there and the rest isn't undercover.

Really s**t luck for us to have our first home game at a ground that I could see us enabling a decent niche for be so affected by rain. A potentially decent crowd won't turn out especially given like there's only about 500 seats there and the rest isn't undercover.
and we have engineer, Sarah Ford working on the redevelopment of the ground

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is appalling by the umpires. No reward for our tackling, calling HtB on us when we have no prior. It is just biased and corrupt. Then the Sun's players engaging in high shots. No protection for our players at all.

If this was a junior game, you would take your team off for their own safety.

Re our players, I've been very impressed by Ella Heads. Tough and committed small defender. There's a Nick Smith like quality to her. Sargent - Wilson looks promising and Cynthia H has good hussle. Ham ok, just needs to back herself more. She has more ability in her little finger than most the other girls (both sides) out there.

Some of these girls playing back are shocking reads of the footy, getting outmanoeuvred constantly

Looks like we have to throw extras at the contest just to compete. When we do win it, there's no one at all forward.
If I was coach, I'd play even numbers across the ground and challenge the girls to work harder.
Rather kick a few goals and lose by alot then to try and stem the bleeding and kick hardly any.
But overall, much better today compared with last week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back