In: Meek, Chapman and Young

Ryan Pearce Logue
Young Cox Chapman
Clark Mundy Acres
Frederick Lobb Switkowski
Schultz Taberner Walters

Meek Brodie Brayshaw

Serong Colyer O'Driscoll Aish

Hard on Walker but Young/Chapman are straight upgrades.

May have to consider Aish on small forwards if they're getting away.

Out: Tucker. Just not AFL standard. Fitness? Loss speed with the hamstrings? Much rather Erasmus in who can get 20 disposals and contribute. Probably won’t though. Aish can go back into the middle
Darcy
Banfield

In:
Meek
Young
Chapman

JL implied in the presser that Chapman and Young likely wouldn't play next week.

The don't get out of quarantine until Thursday...the same day we fly out to Geelong. Unlike Schultz last week, who got out on Monday and had the whole week to train.

Out: Darcy, Tucker - In: Meek, Erasmus.
Sub - Tucker.

Last edited:
Sorry guys but how can Banfield and Erasmus be outs when they weren't in to begin with?

If Young and Chapman are not back because of turnaround time then I would see only Darcy as the only likely change. O'Driscoll had as comparably poor game as Tucker and Walker, in that neither was that bad but were at the bottom end of the team; if Erasmus cleans up tomorrow I would consider a switch for Tucker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Young & Chapman only come out of protocols on Thursday and team fly East Thur.

Be crazy to take them if you ask me

Meek in (and hold him over from peel game)
Darcey out

I'd love to see Treacy or Sturt into team to give us another tall option. Was tough in last qrt with Lobb needing to ruck

I’m willing to give Frederick the excuse of not training with the squad all week but he was quite poor tonight imo.

Agree with everyone else’s changes but Sturt kicking a bag tomorrow could make things interesting.

He would if I was coaching.
Be stupid to play him knowing he’s a guaranteed starter against geebung

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Meek would be playing off a six day break too. Decision seems kind of obvious.

We just brought in three players that didn’t play any footy last week (Schultz, Logue, Tucker). Three this week wouldn’t be too much imo.

Surprised to see calls for Walker out. He did some really nice things and he gets to good positions. And that acceleration!
Same with Freddy, played his part, just didn't go his way.

I had a platinum deck seat tonight, haven't been to a game since Covid and its great to see it live & have the luxury of watching players off the ball.

I doubt they'll change much. There is a certain reliability about the experienced players and the balance is pretty good between youth and experience. I'm thinking of Tucker who didn't do a whole lot but probably played his part in the greater scheme of things. I wouldn't be against Erasmus coming in for him but I doubt it will happen.

Probably just Meek for Darcy. Very handy replacement but you can't replace Darcy, he's special. His understanding with Brody is a huge part of why we're playing so well. Brodie starts on the defensive side then takes off and reads it off Darcys hand running towards goal. He and Brayshaw are a great combination with Serong starting to build and Mundy doing Mundy things but with far less pressure to dominate, he can just add those touches of class and doesn't have to go inside as much.

If Chappy/Young unable to play
Out: Darcy (Inj)
In: Meek

If those two are able to play
Out: Darcy, Walker, Tucker
In: Meek, Chappy, Young

Walker showing flashes but think a few games off WAFL may do him some good. Freddy safe for mine, got in good positions very regularly but just seemingly never got kicked to, Lobb’s joe the goose that could have been his summed up his day tbh

I’m willing to give Frederick the excuse of not training with the squad all week but he was quite poor tonight imo.

Agree with everyone else’s changes but Sturt kicking a bag tomorrow could make things interesting.

He had two touches for the game and gave away 5 free kicks. I dunno people I’m not sure what his role is but I doubt that is it.

I’d be thinking about getting someone else in who isn’t quite so fumbly.

Surprised to see calls for Walker out. He did some really nice things and he gets to good positions. And that acceleration!
Same with Freddy, played his part, just didn't go his way.

I had a platinum deck seat tonight, haven't been to a game since Covid and its great to see it live & have the luxury of watching players off the ball.

I doubt they'll change much. There is a certain reliability about the experienced players and the balance is pretty good between youth and experience. I'm thinking of Tucker who didn't do a whole lot but probably played his part in the greater scheme of things. I wouldn't be against Erasmus coming in for him but I doubt it will happen.

Probably just Meek for Darcy. Very handy replacement but you can't replace Darcy, he's special. His understanding with Brody is a huge part of why we're playing so well. Brodie starts on the defensive side then takes off and reads it off Darcys hand running towards goal. He and Brayshaw are a great combination with Serong starting to build and Mundy doing Mundy things but with far less pressure to dominate, he can just add those touches of class and doesn't have to go inside as much.
I like Walker but he is a little sloppy at times. There was a regulation handball to Pearce where he just handballed to his feet and put Pearce unnecessarily under the pump. Quite a few fumbles.

If Chapman and/or Young get up post COVID recovery he would be an out. Tucker would be next out for the backs/Wings.

I suspect with them not out of H&S protocols until Thu when they fly out and depending on Sturt tomorrow I’d make the following changes:
In: Meek, Sturt
Out: Darcy, Frederick

With Darcy, Young and Chapman to return the week after.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back