Round 6 Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Dockers68

Draftee
Apr 11, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Who do You think will get the goods this weekend there are some cracker games.

NHobart vs Clarence - Going to be a great game with the demons in great form and all there stars dominating and a home field advandtage although the roos will be looking to get back to back wins. my tip: Clarence by 8

Devonport vs Lauderdale - Devonport have had a horrible start to the season and i rekcn it will continue when they face the in form bombers who pushed the roos all the way last week: My tip: Lauderdale by 47

Launceston vs Burnie - Both coming off great wins.. Launie pretty much had the bye by defeating a depleted south launie outfit by 150 points, Burnie looked sharp last week as i saw first hand and im tipping an upset: my Biased tip burnie by 14

South launie vs North launie - South launie retain their mariners this week which will hold them in good stead but i cannot see them beaten the northern bombers: My tip North Launie by 36

Hobart vs Glenorchy - Glenorchys first game without aker.... Hobart coming off a great win.... can anyone smell an upset i can : My tip: Hobart by 2

Who do You think will get the goods this weekend there are some cracker games.

NHobart vs Clarence - Going to be a great game with the demons in great form and all there stars dominating and a home field advandtage although the roos will be looking to get back to back wins. my tip: Clarence by 8

Devonport vs Lauderdale - Devonport have had a horrible start to the season and i rekcn it will continue when they face the in form bombers who pushed the roos all the way last week: My tip: Lauderdale by 47

Launceston vs Burnie - Both coming off great wins.. Launie pretty much had the bye by defeating a depleted south launie outfit by 150 points, Burnie looked sharp last week as i saw first hand and im tipping an upset: my Biased tip burnie by 14

South launie vs North launie - South launie retain their mariners this week which will hold them in good stead but i cannot see them beaten the northern bombers: My tip North Launie by 36

Hobart vs Glenorchy - Glenorchys first game without aker.... Hobart coming off a great win.... can anyone smell an upset i can : My tip: Hobart by 2

NHobart by 25

Lauderdale by 79

Burnie by 2

North Laun by 89

Glenorchy by 101

Clarence weren't great last week, and North Hobart are on a high after beating Glenorchy in their last game. Dead set 50/50 game I think...North Hobart by 2 points.

Devonport struggling, Lauderdale a small glimpse of form last week. Hard not to get excited about the youth in the Lauderdale side, but they need to find a bigger spread of goalkickers this week. Di Ienno was great last week up forward, but they lose 16 year old Wiggins who was their only other avenue to goal. Like the look of young Sam Wiggins, in his second senior game hopefully he can contribute. Lauderdale by 30 points.

Launceston are the dominant team of the north, they should account for Burnie comfortably. Launceston averaging over 150 points for a game this season. Can Burnie restrict their scoring power? Launceston by 60 points.

Four Mariners back into the Sth Launceston team but not sure that will be enough to get the winless Bulldogs over the line. The Northern Bombers have a bit more experience and class across the ground, I think they will win by 40 points.

Only an optimist would tip Hobart, and I'm not one of them. Glenorchy are a major premiership contender, and Hobart won't play finals. The Magpies dropped their game last round against the Demons, but should easily account for the Tigers tomorrow. Aker hasn't really set the world on fire anyway, with the likes of Rhys Mott and Jaye Bowden around the midfield Glenorchy will still be too strong in that part of the ground. Hobart's strength could be it's forward line - Aaron Hall has been quite good this season, but he'll need some good support from talls like Willing, Cassidy and the two youngsters Owen and Reeves. Glenorchy by 75 points.

Great win by the tigers and really should have won by more. Perhaps a few of the predictions a tad unrealistic?

Great win by the tigers and really should have won by more. Perhaps a few of the predictions a tad unrealistic?
I got today's result wrong....didnt see that coming! At least I mentioned the players who would need to contribute for Hobart to win and clearly they all did.

Credit to Dockers68 who picked Hobart. Good call. :thumbsu:

Glenorchy were something like $2.50 fav for the premiership a couple of weeks ago with one of the betting agencies...wonder what price now after defeats by North Hobart and now Hobart?

To be fair Glenorchy were missing a few today, but Hobart are a lot better side now than when Glenorchy beat them at full strength by 50 points in round 1. Hobart probably should have beat both North Hobart and Lauderdale being 32 points up at half time and 20 points at 3quarter time respectively. Will still struggle to make the top 5 but will be more than competitive.

How good was the game at NHO on the weekend. I think its one of the biggest mistakes ever made taking finals football away from that great ground, if that game was played at Bellerive or KG5 the atmosphere would have been nothing compared to the buzz at the ground saturday

How good was the game at NHO on the weekend. I think its one of the biggest mistakes ever made taking finals football away from that great ground, if that game was played at Bellerive or KG5 the atmosphere would have been nothing compared to the buzz at the ground saturday

If you thought the crowed was buzzing at NHO you should have been at the TACCA on sunday. Can bar was going off. If the pies are a chance then so are we. We took it up to them and given they spend 10 times mroe than we do on players they are kidding themselves. No spirt and big head.

If you thought the crowed was buzzing at NHO you should have been at the TACCA on sunday. Can bar was going off. If the pies are a chance then so are we. We took it up to them and given they spend 10 times mroe than we do on players they are kidding themselves. No spirt and big head.

TACCA? I thought Hobart had $700k in the bank to spend? Where has that gone? I know blokes like Cassidy dont come cheap, but they must have some left for the others:)

The $700k is still there but it’s mostly tied up in further investments with the yearly interest earned going to the club so that it will endure for the future, it is not used as a vehicle to pay undeserving players ridiculous amounts of money. Cassidy is an assistant coach so would get more for that role as would be the case at all other clubs with playing assistant coaches. But which other blokes at Hobart do you think would be on big coin? It’s not like we have the big names of some of the other clubs or any notorious “switch clubs every year” money-hungry players?

The $700k is still there but it’s mostly tied up in further investments with the yearly interest earned going to the club so that it will endure for the future, it is not used as a vehicle to pay undeserving players ridiculous amounts of money. Cassidy is an assistant coach so would get more for that role as would be the case at all other clubs with playing assistant coaches. But which other blokes at Hobart do you think would be on big coin? It’s not like we have the big names of some of the other clubs or any notorious “switch clubs every year” money-hungry players?

Hang on, you're the one who said Glenorchy were spending 10 times as much as Hobart!!!!!! I make a little reply & you get right up on your high horse!
When it comes to money ALL the clubs have probably cheated when they could. Thats why they all got into debt. That includes Hobart, have they pain off 1990 yet??
Instead of going off about other clubs, maybe you should do some planning about where you are playing next year & in which competition:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think he was having a crack at you Madmug, just a thinly veiled swipe at some payers who chase the coin.

I dont think there's any doubt that some teams in the past have tiptoed around salary caps etc (1990 is a long time ago now so i suspect with a 'rumoured' 700K tied up in investments they would have 'paid' off any debt from 20 years ago).

Round 7....glenorchy big margin,burnie just,baby bombers by 2,thats right 2,clarence by a lot and nth hobart ,had free period from school so thought i would do tips,where you hiding zzpops and tru red roo

Round 7....glenorchy big margin,burnie just,baby bombers by 2,thats right 2,clarence by a lot and nth hobart ,had free period from school so thought i would do tips,where you hiding zzpops and tru red roo

I'm trying very hard to ignore you.

Great to hear from you tops,what your tips for the round?you give my bombers any chance or think they get smashed by launy

the bombers are more than a chance, reckon they will win. what are they paying? definately worth a few dollars on them. if the crowd get really vocal & those boys play with the intensity they showed against north for the 1st half but manage it for 4 qtrs they will get home.

the bombers are more than a chance, reckon they will win. what are they paying? definately worth a few dollars on them. if the crowd get really vocal & those boys play with the intensity they showed against north for the 1st half but manage it for 4 qtrs they will get home.
Had there chances but didnt slot some easy chances in first qrt tops and against the sides above them you have to kick those ones,bit sloppy in 3rd qrt where game was won,maybe next week in another tough one

Had there chances but didnt slot some easy chances in first qrt tops and against the sides above them you have to kick those ones,bit sloppy in 3rd qrt where game was won,maybe next week in another tough one

managed to see the first half & bombers pretty much seemed to be controlling the game. like north hobart, didn't convert their chances in the second half. more scoring shots especially in the first qtr when dingo had a few chances to score.

managed to see the first half & bombers pretty much seemed to be controlling the game. like north hobart, didn't convert their chances in the second half. more scoring shots especially in the first qtr when dingo had a few chances to score.
Bit eratic sometimes the dingo but full credit to launy for winning because good sides know how to win,bombers have to convert and play 4 qrts not 3 and a half,at the end of the day its the score that matters not if who and maybe why that reflects what happens on the ground,launy had couple injured wich didnt help

Bit eratic sometimes the dingo but full credit to launy for winning because good sides know how to win,bombers have to convert and play 4 qrts not 3 and a half,at the end of the day its the score that matters not if who and maybe why that reflects what happens on the ground,launy had couple injured wich didnt help

couple injured?? who??

jesse lonergan was on mariners duty, other than that they looked pretty strong to me

Remove this Banner Ad

Back