Round 5 results

Remove this Banner Ad

rockin ronnie

Senior List
Aug 21, 2007
Dandenong Ranges
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Some very interesting matches all round, looking a lot like last year with anyone able to topple the opposition on their day.
My boys Emerald put in a brave 3/4 effort against Upwey, with Chad Davis doing as he pleased early, the 46point quarter time differential was too much to make up in the end.
Upwey's pressure in the first quarter was immense but dropped off as the game progressed.
Match was well umpired albeit with Emerald getting a couple of lucky ones in front of goal in the last to make a game of it.
Bombers have to start each quarter better, again giving away early goal/s each quarter before pegging them back as the quarter wears on - a common theme thus far.

Ronnie - have the Bombers noticed much of a change in pace moving up a division? Was this seasons pre-season different to normal in preparation?

Some very interesting matches all round, looking a lot like last year with anyone able to topple the opposition on their day.
My boys Emerald put in a brave 3/4 effort against Upwey, with Chad Davis doing as he pleased early, the 46point quarter time differential was too much to make up in the end.
Upwey's pressure in the first quarter was immense but dropped off as the game progressed.
Match was well umpired albeit with Emerald getting a couple of lucky ones in front of goal in the last to make a game of it.
Bombers have to start each quarter better, again giving away early goal/s each quarter before pegging them back as the quarter wears on - a common theme thus far.

not suprised at all an emerald supporter saying this. you did get your first 5 goals from free kicks & 50 m penalties. one of the worst umpired games you will ever see.

not suprised at all an emerald supporter saying this. you did get your first 5 goals from free kicks & 50 m penalties. one of the worst umpired games you will ever see.

Nothing new for a Emerald game so far this year. No doubt a complaint will come from yesterdays opponent.

Nothing new for a Emerald game so far this year. No doubt a complaint will come from yesterdays opponent.
hey finger, i finally got the chance to venture up to wandin yesterday to see what this team actually looked like. didnt think they went too bad against gembrook. they had two ruckmen that held their own against the big show clarke. their mids were pretty good over the ball and their backline seemed quite strong. if they had kicked straight, they would have beaten the brookers by 6 or 7 gls. maybe more. if they play like that more often, maybe they could be a threat. and whilst we are mentioning umpires, the two that did yesterdays game were absolutely deplorable. the tall bloke was a borderline cheat to say the least. i think the umpiring heirachy needs to take a good look at this fella because he does try to influence the result in games. he was bad, very bad for both teams. people pay to see the players, not the umpires. correct me if i am wrong.

hey finger, i finally got the chance to venture up to wandin yesterday to see what this team actually looked like. didnt think they went too bad against gembrook. they had two ruckmen that held their own against the big show clarke. their mids were pretty good over the ball and their backline seemed quite strong. if they had kicked straight, they would have beaten the brookers by 6 or 7 gls. maybe more. if they play like that more often, maybe they could be a threat. and whilst we are mentioning umpires, the two that did yesterdays game were absolutely deplorable. the tall bloke was a borderline cheat to say the least. i think the umpiring heirachy needs to take a good look at this fella because he does try to influence the result in games. he was bad, very bad for both teams. people pay to see the players, not the umpires. correct me if i am wrong.

Correct! Pencil head is a disgrace, it's a recurring theme with that clown though, it's all about him all the time. One only had to witness last years inter league game to see. It's a shame because he was the only blight on an otherwise really enjoyable game of footy, especially as a neutral.

Correct! Pencil head is a disgrace, it's a recurring theme with that clown though, it's all about him all the time. One only had to witness last years inter league game to see. It's a shame because he was the only blight on an otherwise really enjoyable game of footy, especially as a neutral.

I guess i will see all you rules experts out there next week end running around ! cool so many new umpires to pick from. if you cant keep the name calling and crap to yourself and arnt willing to have a go your self maybe you should let the ones willing to to do the hard yards do it.

take a tea spoon on cement and toughen up princes if the players got the same sh!t in here as the umps maybe then you have a case till then build a bridge.

i dont see any of you tough men of footy running around in the rain and cold ! you are all under cover in coats and pants, maybe its time we missed games cause the umps dont want to run in the cold either. think about that.

ffs

Not sure why there is umpire bashing - no benefit for anyone. In terms of the football - wandin did enough in one week - did the same last year - but good to see that it was a good spread of performers achieved the win

I guess i will see all you rules experts out there next week end running around ! cool so many new umpires to pick from. if you cant keep the name calling and crap to yourself and arnt willing to have a go your self maybe you should let the ones willing to to do the hard yards do it.

take a tea spoon on cement and toughen up princes if the players got the same sh!t in here as the umps maybe then you have a case till then build a bridge.

i dont see any of you tough men of footy running around in the rain and cold ! you are all under cover in coats and pants, maybe its time we missed games cause the umps dont want to run in the cold either. think about that.

ffs
I know it's mothers day but didn't expect one to be on here defending her son.

Not sure why there is umpire bashing - no benefit for anyone. In terms of the football - wandin did enough in one week - did the same last year - but good to see that it was a good spread of performers achieved the win

Agreed, the dogs looked good but would want to see a couple strung together.

LOL!
What the?
A borderline cheat?
Bad for BOTH teams??????

How can he cheat against both sides?

That would just make him a bad umpire, not a cheat!

LOL!
What the?
A borderline cheat?
Bad for BOTH teams??????

How can he cheat against both sides?

That would just make him a bad umpire, not a cheat!
call it what u will taj but when the bloke makes ridiculous and influencing calls against both teams at various stages of the game, he is cheating against both sides ........thoughts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ffs
get off ur high horse fella. if the bloke did his job properly, then there is no topic. all i spoke with during and after game brought this up so surely we cant be all wrong

ffs

Have to agree with this to be honest. Its a good thing Joop ( Upwey ) and oldwaterboy ( Wandin ) dont reveal which club their part of. The last thing Upwey and Wandin would want is blokes potting umpires on their behalf. Im sure both Upwey and Wandin know the process to put in issues if there are any. So if you joop ( Upwey) or oldwaterboy ( Wandin ) believe the club your part of of has any issues with the umpiring perhaps you should go through the correct channels. Its lucky that the clubs you are part of are unknown hey? :thumbsu:

Did you get up to the Tuesday night crisis meeting as well?

Instead of having a crack at the umpire why dont you get rid of your runner. Sent of last week for mouthing off. Always mouthing off at players and umpires Id say getting rid of him would be a good start.

Instead of having a crack at the umpire why dont you get rid of your runner. Sent of last week for mouthing off. Always mouthing off at players and umpires Id say getting rid of him would be a good start.

Can you elaborate on this crisis meeting finger?

Bit rough fellas.Only one name thats on par or worse than being called a cheat and that would be coward.l personally know one of the fellas that umpired on Saturday and you would not meet a better bloke than him.His integrity is unquestioned as far as l am concerned.l speak to all of the umpires and the majority of them are good blokes.Verbally bashing umpires under the cover of this forum is piss weak.l officiate at games every weekend and in the end the umpiring decisions are mostly there.You win some you lose some.lMO.The umpire bashing at the games has been noticably more verbal this year.l would'nt take on umpiring for quids and l would'nt recommend anyone to do it. Gembrook were beaten by a better side on the day and we are not whinging about umpires.Just saying.

interesting that because i have stuck up for wandin in the past and seen a game that have now been linked to them. if what u say bout runner is fact, he should go i agree, if not have a stern talking to. if there was a crisis meeting on tuesday, it seemed to work i guess.

Umps not to bad, did a reasonable job, certainly a few that looked doubtful to both sides. Cox took a ripper mark in the first quarter, not paid, just got to assume Ump was not in a good position to see.

A couple of the 50's were because of a lack of discipline, not umpire mistake.

Speaking of clearances, Gembrooks Micheal Browne has a clearance pending to go to YJ.. Anyone from the brookers care to elaborate?

Poor form by Gembrook not to clear him before last weekends game in my opinion. Surely the old " we want to talk to him line" is dead and buried.

Few home truth's apparently. Interesting a couple of clearances out where lodged in the day or two after the meeting. Both new players in this year.

That is pure guess work Finger - which I know is unlike you.
Facts - there was a meeting - to discuss the fact that despite the scoreboard showing a 8 goal beating, there were some good signs for the group against your mob.

Players leaving - Andy Coppens? think veterans finger - other than that, I think your detective work needs to go deeper, as perhaps at times there is more to life than football.

FYI - we have retained our runner - we are all allowed to make a blue arn't we?

That is pure guess work Finger - which I know is unlike you.
Facts - there was a meeting - to discuss the fact that despite the scoreboard showing a 8 goal beating, there were some good signs for the group against your mob.

Players leaving - Andy Coppens? think veterans finger - other than that, I think your detective work needs to go deeper, as perhaps at times there is more to life than football.

FYI - we have retained our runner - we are all allowed to make a blue arn't we?

No one else put a clearance in then? Very selective of you to leave them out.

You've retained your runner have you? Thats just made the rest of the comp happy.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back