AFLW Round 3 vs Carlton @ Ikon Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Robbing Peter to pay Paul, but would like to see how O'Dea performs up forward.
It's early days, so the experiment to test the water might yield a surprising result. She looks a real player. If its a fail then back she goes to defence.

There’s not many other tall forwards on our list so Houghton will be very hard to replace.

It’ll be interesting to see which girl is next in line.
Well there's a couple, but they drop every ball that falls in their lap and fumble the rest. Houghton was able to actually take some of these chances which is what we'll miss. Erin must play forward for mine.

There’s not many other tall forwards on our list so Houghton will be very hard to replace.

It’ll be interesting to see which girl is next in line.
She's kicked 2 of our 5 goals in the 2 games, including the only goal last week. Oh boy!!!

I said it in the Houghton thread, but I believe Halfpenny in and Phillips playing deep - like goalsquare deep, is our only chance here. Ewings will need to be used as more of a target also. Gonna be really, really tough.

Phillips has had quite a few shots at goal across both games but just hasn't converted. Same with Ewings. We need to find a way to get shots 10 or so metres closer to goal. Both of Houghton's goals were from the goal square.

Excited to see Halfpenny in. She has the best recruitment video of any player.

Duurs in for Maggie is good too. MacLachlan hasnt done enough to retain her spot, hasnt seemed to have a big impact yet, so to me this says we are rewarding form and setting standards. Gives Maggie a chance to find form and Duurs a chance to prove herself.

Also if Duursma kicks a goal we better see a bow and arrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back