Round 2 results

Remove this Banner Ad

Local Knowledge

Senior List
May 16, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
According to the result app (great concept) Upwey and Olinda had a draw. Did any side have a chance and blow it, or was there a controversial umpiring decision to get tongues wagging?

Looks like Emerald won't be too shabby, Woori still a force to be reckoned with and that Mt. Evelyn not as bad as what people predicted.

Looks like another interesting season in division 1.

Emerald looked pretty good. I think they will be a handful for anyone. It was the biggest crowd at Gembrook for a home and away game that I can remember. Emerald were just mounting a late challenge when the siren went at the 24 minute mark. I always feel short-changed when that happens. The game finished so early that I had time to get to Monbulk and see the last five minutes of their 36 minute last quarter. Great finish there. I just wonder if the timekeeping needs some standardisation though. I know that there will be a fair bit of variation, but 24 minutes is a bit short in my book.

It sounds like Healesville beat Wandin. I've now got no idea who is going to finish at the bottom of the ladder.

According to the result app (great concept) Upwey and Olinda had a draw. Did any side have a chance and blow it, or was there a controversial umpiring decision to get tongues wagging?

Looks like Emerald won't be too shabby, Woori still a force to be reckoned with and that Mt. Evelyn not as bad as what people predicted.

Looks like another interesting season in division 1.

Very concerning to see Warby blow a MASSIVE qtr time lead.

Speaking to some Healesville boys, after watching Wandin V Mt Ev on the Sunday, they were SUPREMELY confident of rolling Wandin.

Junction stuck it to Yarra Glen all day and had opportunities to win.

According to the app, which is great, Upwey set the pace early and OFC seemed to gradually peg back, likewise, would be interesting to hear about the final few minutes.

Emerald looked pretty good. I think they will be a handful for anyone. It was the biggest crowd at Gembrook for a home and away game that I can remember. Emerald were just mounting a late challenge when the siren went at the 24 minute mark. I always feel short-changed when that happens. The game finished so early that I had time to get to Monbulk and see the last five minutes of their 36 minute last quarter. Great finish there. I just wonder if the timekeeping needs some standardisation though. I know that there will be a fair bit of variation, but 24 minutes is a bit short in my book.

It sounds like Healesville beat Wandin. I've now got no idea who is going to finish at the bottom of the ladder.

Derby, I was on time keeping duties today. I'm not sure where you got 24 minutes from. The quarters went 26 minutes, 26 minutes, 27 minutes and 26 minutes. They are all 20 minutes plus time on.

Wandin very ordinary. Big problems down back and look like they rely on too few to carry them. Healseville are by no means a good side and they made the dogs look terrible at times. Realize it's only early but signs not great for them if they continue to serve that up week in week out.

Woori fell in against Monbulk after giving up a healthy half time lead. Both teams looked good at times and you'd expect them both to play finals. Looks like another even year.

Warby led all day despite having the big CHF and Murphy sent off with in two minutes of each other. MT EV chipped away at the lead and hit the front with a couple of minutes to go.

Ive been following Belgrave this year.

Ventured down to Kinglake today to watch a blow out.
At quarter time it was still game on with Belgrave going in at the first break up by 3 goals. After that the game opened up and the Lakers didn't look like getting near the Magpies. Belgrave took it out by 17 goals in the end with the highlight being big Mitch Collins again with a lazy 12 goals at full forward and he came off in the last quarter with about 15 mins to go in the game. Great start to year for the pies & will be very hard to beat.

Olinda Upwey game came down to a close exciting last quarter, with Olinda fighting back to have the scores level for the last two to three minutes of the game. Young Upwey forward Robinson had a set shot from about forty metres out on an angle with only seconds remaining. The siren sounded with the ball still in flight. It appeared to be punched through to register a score. After much umpire discussion, no score was registered.

It was a game that both sides would look back at with mixed feelings. Both would be disappointed in basic skill errors, but both would be happy with the players endeavour & will to win.

The "Local Footy Show" had their camera there, so should be on C31 next Friday as well as "Valleyvision".

Maybe the dogs and their coach should be paying more attention to on field matters instead of running under age piss up raves at the rooms.

Endearing their club to their locals, really moving ahead with leaps and bounds

Yeah nah great look having the locals standing outside their houses to ensure property and cars were protected from the hundreds of ferals that were roaming the area. Coppers galore. Real professionally run joint.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah nah great look having the locals standing outside their houses to ensure property and cars were protected from the hundreds of ferals that were roaming the area. Coppers galore. Real professionally run joint.

Was at the Wandin V Healesville game yeah nah mmmmm. Do you want to enlighten us to what happened up there Saturday night bloked? Maybe Oldtimer or Oldwaterboy can? The place is about to implode is the word.

Was at the Wandin V Healesville game yeah nah mmmmm. Do you want to enlighten us to what happened up there Saturday night bloked? Maybe Oldtimer or Oldwaterboy can? The place is about to implode is the word.

My nephew attended as he is mates with a couple of blokes down there, function brandished all over Facebook by the senior coach only for there to be from all reports hundreds of cretins show up. Coppers shut it down after about an hour only to then have all these morons roam the surrounding streets.

My nephew attended as he is mates with a couple of blokes down there, function brandished all over Facebook by the senior coach only for there to be from all reports hundreds of cretins show up. Coppers shut it down after about an hour only to then have all these morons roam the surrounding streets.

Finger - due to my age, I decided that I would spend the night on the couch.

I heard about the enforced closure at the WFC on Saturday night - just goes to show the power of facebook. The pres and the bar staff worked hard to keep out the young one's, but no doubt some learnings from the process.

In terms of imploding, not sure why that would be the case, the Bloods out played and out coached WFC. Speaking with stolly after, they learnt a lot from their loss the week before and the process clicked for their team after a review - thanks valley vision - hopefully the WFC can learn something from their loss.

It was like downtown compton in Wandin on Saturday night.

Its a popular concept, i see more and more of them popping up on facebook each year. The key is hiring security and cordoning off a section outside of the clubrooms with ID's being checked upon entry. Can bring in HUGE revenue for a club if donen properly but can easily get out of hand if the proper precautions aren't taken.

It was like downtown compton in Wandin on Saturday night.

Its a popular concept, i see more and more of them popping up on facebook each year. The key is hiring security and cordoning off a section outside of the clubrooms with ID's being checked upon entry. Can bring in HUGE revenue for a club if donen properly but can easily get out of hand if the proper precautions aren't taken.

How many security would have kept this in order? Rediculous statement and quick and easy way to lose your liquor licence.

The danger of facebook invitations is an obvious problem.
Word gets around so easy, the young people in the outer regions are starved of entertainment and seeing a venue and a great night up for grabs, these kids just jump on it.
Invitation only doesn't work as word gets around in an instant.
back in the day, if you went out and it was an average party, you had no access to friends to find a better party other than drive around and look.
Now it is a quick text message and you either find a better party or you build up the party or function where you are at to attract the multitudes.
From an outsiders perspective as to what happened at Wandin, it gets out of control too quickly so there's little you can do.
Pretty bad situation when hundreds just lob up!
All you can do is let hope that they just move on a leave the venue in 1 piece.

The danger of facebook invitations is an obvious problem.
Word gets around so easy, the young people in the outer regions are starved of entertainment and seeing a venue and a great night up for grabs, these kids just jump on it.
Invitation only doesn't work as word gets around in an instant.
back in the day, if you went out and it was an average party, you had no access to friends to find a better party other than drive around and look.
Now it is a quick text message and you either find a better party or you build up the party or function where you are at to attract the multitudes.
From an outsiders perspective as to what happened at Wandin, it gets out of control too quickly so there's little you can do.
Pretty bad situation when hundreds just lob up!
All you can do is let hope that they just move on a leave the venue in 1 piece.

Well said MS and in hind sight lesson learned. In my day and current day I followed that method of driving around to find somewhere good. its disappointing that the dorset is currently seen as good in my life!

Its a shame that people a breathlessly throwing blame at the coach on this one. He did not post an invite out to his 'followers'. I don't even know how the thing work's, but I think MS captured it in a nutshell. We have a premiership re-union this weekend at an undisclosed location / backyard. I will let all of the forum users know the end result... probably the dorset - age restrictions there!

How many security would have kept this in order? Rediculous statement and quick and easy way to lose your liquor licence.

Your spelling is "rediculous"

Fair to say the local police dont need these sort of un announced events taking place.

Fair to say the fun police don't need to get involved either.

Just has to be planned properly and it can work, plenty of clubs do it and don't have any dramas.

Well said MS and in hind sight lesson learned. In my day and current day I followed that method of driving around to find somewhere good. its disappointing that the dorset is currently seen as good in my life!

Its a shame that people a breathlessly throwing blame at the coach on this one. He did not post an invite out to his 'followers'. I don't even know how the thing work's, but I think MS captured it in a nutshell. We have a premiership re-union this weekend at an undisclosed location / backyard. I will let all of the forum users know the end result... probably the dorset - age restrictions there!

Not blaming anyone oldtimer, but I think you'll find your wrong when you mention that the coach didn't post invites or info on Facebook as I have seen contrary. I feel sorry for the committee and supporters plus club patrons who do the right thing and work hard to keep the club going. Above comments are correct about license's etc. sounds like a hell of a risk to take for a one off money spinner plus not a great situation to put your volunteers eg: bar staff and people minding the door in. How do you reckon they would feel if something went awry and it cost the club. From where I sit it looks like this was not at all thought out.

Not blaming anyone oldtimer, but I think you'll find your wrong when you mention that the coach didn't post invites or info on Facebook as I have seen contrary. I feel sorry for the committee and supporters plus club patrons who do the right thing and work hard to keep the club going. Above comments are correct about license's etc. sounds like a hell of a risk to take for a one off money spinner plus not a great situation to put your volunteers eg: bar staff and people minding the door in. How do you reckon they would feel if something went awry and it cost the club. From where I sit it looks like this was not at all thought out.

Has wandin or it's coach done something to you in the past bloked? From the sounds of it sat night wasn't an ideal situation but reports I heard suggest that everything was handled ok and police were fully co operated with when any request was made including the eventual decision to shut the event down. No property damaged or people hurt. I'm sure lessons were learnt out of it. So relax mate, no harm done, the jilted lover routine is tiresome.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back