Autopsy Round 18 vs Essendon @ Marvel Stadium 17.07.22 - 4:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Chol was not enjoying his treatment from the Bomber’s defenders.

Sometimes I feel he demands the free after he is forced to ground or taken out of the contest, but it really did look like he was being done dirty today. Still, at least a goal a game is no small achievement.
Yeah, all things considered he has been excellent.
Last few games he has had the chance to really finish of his work and not really grasped every opportunity.
Gets outworked or ends up on the ground too often at the moment.

Flanders had a few moments he'd like to forget, but I thought when the ball went our way he contributed okay. See the fourth quarter. He's still one of our better kicks inside 50. I think we just have to keep playing him until the end of the year. There are no other small forwards available, anyway. I'd much rather Flanders than MacPherson back into the team.

I think he did alright.

Really despised one play when he gave Harrison Jones 5 metres leash on that play where the Essendon midfielder could only kick it in one spot because of pressure coming onto him.

Jones goes to the only spot the midfielder could kick it, and because Caleb was metres behind he couldn't get there with Jones marking and getting a set shot on goal.
Yeah, still couple of howlers, but all in all I think he's been improving steadily this year.

Flanders had a few moments he'd like to forget, but I thought when the ball went our way he contributed okay. See the fourth quarter. He's still one of our better kicks inside 50. I think we just have to keep playing him until the end of the year. There are no other small forwards available, anyway. I'd much rather Flanders than MacPherson back into the team.
McPherson yes, hollands, sharp or farrar no. Atkins is probably even better.

Just so, so disappointing.

We desperately need a plan B for when we are not well on top in the middle. At the moment we are an absolute liability of a team if the opposition can get first use semi-regularly, but Dew either can’t see this or refuses to do anything about it.

It’s easy to blame injuries, but I would accept that excuse alot easier if we didn’t have Farrar, Sharp, Atkins, and Hollands all sitting in the reserves not replacing our lost speed.

Bowes is not a defender, but I don’t think anything will change there.

I don’t see what Fiorini currently provides the 22. Slow, shocking by foot, and he isn’t getting minutes in the middle which is the only position he can potentially thrive.

Our forward line has really dropped the pressure in recent weeks which isn’t ideal when our entire gameplan is to get it in there and lock it in. Leaving our defence out to dry with the ease it’s flying out.

Anyway, season over. Hopefully we see some Hollands and Sharp now, even Faulkhead has looked good in the VFL. Get these guys ready for a big 2023.

Flanders is just a straight up bust. He looked explosive when he got drafted but just can't cut it. Not athletic enough or big enough at the AFL level.

While mathematical possible don't think its full play the kids but I'd be looking at sharp, hollands, farrar for fiorini, Flanders, oea. Once it's definitely over I'd like to see a faulkhead debut.

Disappointing effort today .

Apart from the Suns being my second side, I was really hoping for the most meaningful Q-Clash of all time next week, where both sides were playing for Finals spots, instead of this faux rivalry bullshit that gets trotted out year after year.

I'm still scared of your raw talent so I'm kind of hoping that the awful version of the Suns that played against the Bombers is what we get next week at the Gabba.

Not counting on it though.

I'm sure your boys will want to rain on our parade

Flanders still only played 27 games, still very early just need a positive role and game time. He shown good signs late last year (North melb in tassie stands out)

2019 draft Top 25.

Rowell, Anderson, Jackson, Ash, Stephens,
McAsey, Young, Serong, Henry, Green,
Flanders, Day, Pickett, Bergman, Weightman,
Stephens , Kemp, Georgiades, De Koning, Philip,
Dow, Robertson, Williams, Schoenberg, Mead

Too early to call, 12/25 are "Established best 22"

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4 very ordinary weeks in a row or as it’s otherwise know the Suns 2nd half of the season. Dew must be tickling Noah’s balls. Umpires were criminal in the first half but in the end we were crap

What was ordinary about the pies and power games? Nearly won both, and were in the game the whole time. First half of the Richmond game was bad, but they came back and showed fight and effort and won the game, former suns team would not do that. Today was bad, but every team has a terrible game. Richmond in 2017 got spanked by 90 points v Saints. Port 2004 lost by 96 to north at marvel. Both sides won the flag. See how we play next week

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What was bad, 3 goals up with 5 mins to play against the pies and lose = bad

Awful against the Tigers and they blew it

Horrible today

Port are average at best

We should of won all 4 of these games

You’re acting like we are a top 4 side. Did you expect to make finals this year? With no Ben King? I thought we would be bottom 6. No Powell, King, Jeffrey, Weller, Budarick, I don’t think we are ready for finals. 2023 is the year

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah I think we've all lost sight of things with the allure of Finals being so close we can taste it

I think at the start of the year with Kingy going down I think we all take narrowly missing finals with both hands.

Dont get me wrong I'm bitterly dissapointed too but it is what it is and I think we'll be a better team in the long run from copping this one on the chin, Doesn't mean it doesn't hurt though.

For what it's worth if the choice had to be made between dropping this one and beating Richmond, I'm taking the Richmond win 10 times outta 10

Onto QClash, Back to being underdogs - Let's see what kind of bite we've got for them

It's hard to be critical of the back six yesterday because they were seriously under the pump but we need to have players that can either defend or have real strengths in speed and rebound to outweigh the defending deficiency. Weller not a great defender but speed and kicking outweighs that, Powell has both. Ellis and bowes have neither. I'm one of the biggest Graham bashes on here but think he's worth preserving with now. The problem is Collins is playing on the fwd he should be taking. If Graham takes 2mp(he probably kicks 8) but that's probably the better match up and Collins marks just about every ball that Graham does his big spoils on an uncontested mark. Again this week throw Graham on to daniher and see what he's got. Got nothing to lose now.

I was a bit puzzled by the team selection but it appears to me now that the Club is doing what it's done for the past few seasons
Seeing who can play and who can't
Finals were the happy mirage
I suspect there will be another cull in September
Not sure when Weller and Buddarick will be back but unlikely before mid season I'd say so we have to either buy in or workaround our running back ball user issues

Remove this Banner Ad

Back