Game Day Round 12 v. Carlton @ MCG, 7.50PM (that's POST MERIDIEM)

Remember when we were branded MELBOURNEfc, or melbourneFC or something?

• Yeah - it was MELBOURNEfc

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Yeah - it was melbourneFC

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • No, no, no, no, no

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Headless

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈
May 27, 2006
AFL Club
Melbourne
Ooookay - here's the one we've ALL BEEN WAITING FOR. :embarrassedv1:

The mighty :melbourne: MELBOURNE DEMONS up against the :carlton: CARLTON BLUES. Tonight. At the Melbourne Cricket Ground.

Here is a wonderful form guide from the World Wide Web resource afl.com.au, which highlights the :fire: BLISTERING FORM :fire: of each side.

Screen Shot 2023-05-31 at 11.25.10 am.png

I just looked up the word "question", and the World Wide Web tells me that it means "a sentence worded or expressed so as to elicit information", but also "a matter requiring resolution or discussion". And those definitions are just so ********* (excellent (sorry about the cussing)), because there are QUESTIONS TO BE ANSWERED THIS VERY EVE.
  1. Will the MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB prove victorious, or will Johnny Karate officially close our premiership window? 🪟 :crossmark: :eyes:
  2. Will we all participate in the 426 voting to show our appreciation for FootyGuy13's work and dedication, even if we collectively don't give a SINGLE VOTE to the three players judged our best by the coaches? :gigglev1:
  3. Will our midfielders all be :bee: BEES TO A HONEYPOT :honeypot:, or will we actually give ourselves a chance in this football game?​

Please discuss all things game day - today - here in this very game day thread. COME ON THE MELBOURNE DEMONS - I tip us by one dozen points (final score of 10.20.80 to 10.8.68). :whitecheck:

Horrible form.
Bunch of injuries.
Haven’t beaten us since 2017.
Smashed all week by the media.

Congrats on you return to form tonight Carlton.

Horrible form.
Bunch of injuries.
Haven’t beaten us since 2017.
Smashed all week by the media.

Congrats on you return to form tonight Carlton.
*2016. Not to be pedantic – it's just one of my favourite football-related things of the past few years.

But yes, Cripps BOG, McKay to kick five straight 🤗

*2016. Not to be pedantic – it's just one of my favourite football-related things of the past few years.

But yes, Cripps BOG, McKay to kick five straight 🤗
2017 we beat them twice yeah? Once when Lewis punched Cripps and Garlett kicked the sealer after a run down tackle. Then again when ANB lined up for a set shot and passed to Lewis who finished running the clock down and BT lost his s**t over it.

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing how Smith goes up forward

Can't be worse than what TMac has given us

2017 we beat them twice yeah? Once when Lewis bunched Cripps and Garlett kicked the sealer after a run down tackle. Then again when ANB lined up for a set shot and passed to Lewis who finished running the clock down and BT lost his s**t over it.

Melksham breaking Carltons hearts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2017 we beat them twice yeah? Once when Lewis bunched Cripps and Garlett kicked the sealer after a run down tackle. Then again when ANB lined up for a set shot and passed to Lewis who finished running the clock down and BT lost his s**t over it.

It was so funny hearing all those Blues fans whinge about that. It's their own hecking fault for not manning up on a free player inside 50 with less than a minute to go 🤣 and he slotted it through anyway

Everytime our game comes around I get super optimistic. Really up beat about tonight for better or worse.

When do they name the sub. Would be keen to see Woewodin get a run.

It was so funny hearing all those Blues fans whinge about that. It's their own *ing fault for not manning up on a free player inside 50 with less than a minute to go 🤣 and he slotted it through anyway
Yeah one of the dumbest talking points I've seen in footy. 'a mark inside 50 shouldn't count off a set shot because we forgot to man up' So if your kick doesn't make the distance and your full forward take a mark in the goal square it shouldn't count? Don't even bother manning up players in the forward line because it's play on anyway.

I like how Headless specified that PM meant post meridian. I was about to call Neil Mitchell and go on a rant about how the woke left have made Melbourne and Carlton play via private message. Thanks for saving my :oops: Headless.
Look if we're going to play Carlton via PM just be glad Josh Bootsma is no longer playing for them.

The telltale sign I had misunderstood what ‘PM’ meant was when Carlton didn’t pick up Jonathan Patton in the mid season draft.
When will the AFL stop hiding and release the WhatsApp team of the century.

God those guernseys were horrendous (though still not our worst clash strip of the past 20 years)

Melbourne-Clash-2008.gif

Jerry Seinfeld GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back