Player Watch Round 11 v Essendon - Dreamtime At The G - MCG Saturday May 25th 7.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a few things we need to fix in the front half of the ground:
  • Place some more experience across half forward. Baker and D.Rioli should replace a couple of the younger smalls, with Smith coming in to replace Rioli off half back.
  • Play an extra tall ffs. Why use Pickett as a tall forward when you could bring in Ryan? Ryan can ruck the front half with Nank floating across the backline to help out Miller & Young. Then when Ryan goes into the centre we still keep Balta and Lefau (Kosi if he doesn't play) forward of the ball. I'm so sick of us bombing the ball forward to no one.
  • Either rest Dusty if he's not fit or get him involved more up the ground. He's not impacting the game offensively, and has always been poor defensively
  • Take Sonsie out of the forward line and either play him as a mid or not at all.
Great post ... only difference

I would put Rioli to the wing and Short to half forward ... Smith to replace Rioli at HBF

The following two are coming off concussion protocols and will come in line for selection...

Tresize was recruited from Tooradin after premiership winning 2022 season playing as a goal-scoring half-forward
Banks is offense off the half back flank ... his weapon is his slipper and straight line speed ... give him the ball and he hits a target - NOT A WING - does not win his own ball enough

Steely Green is a midfielder with speed ... should go back to VFL and play in the middle now

IN: Baker, Ryan, Smith
OUT : Mansell, Green, Young

If North win in Hobart Saturday afternoon ... then we only need to look forward to Mid Season Draft by 60 points ...

If we manage to take Pick 1, my hat is off to Yze ... this will have been one of the most masterful displays of tanking I have ever witnessed
Actually some fox footy show was talking about tanking tonight lol but suggested it's difficult to tank on purpose and get away with it.

I dont know how some people think that Dusty is not trying?
Honestly, he just is probably injured or our of form considering his history and struggles, probably understandable.

Anyone of his elite expectations doesnt just get onto the field to prounce about.
Everyone goes through ups and downs, he is still miles better than what we have .

I dont know how some people think that Dusty is not trying?
Honestly, he just is probably injured or our of form considering his history and struggles, probably understandable.

Anyone of his elite expectations doesnt just get onto the field to prounce about.
Everyone goes through ups and downs, he is still miles better than what we have .

I’d put my house (a small one) on it that Dusty is injured and is only playing because we are so undermanned. He is noticeably avoiding physical contact when around the contest, which isn’t something that suddenly enters your game as a 32yo. I’d say an issue with his kidneys, broken ribs or debilitating back injury.

We will probably find out later in the year what the problem was - knowing him he has said not to say a thing or make excuses for him, and he’s putting his hand up as the club is desperate for players.

If he’s not injured then I’d be disappointed with his physical efforts so far this season, and would suggest he’s absolutely mentally fried and can’t wait to hang up the boots post-300 games.

Time will tell. But you can’t go from winning the
most contested possessions ever recorded in the forward 50 as he did in season 2023, to barely getting any contested possessions just 6-months later. Doesn’t happen unless something is amiss, whether injury, motivation or both.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

soccer GIF

I suggest all of our afl listed players take to the field like this for the next few weeks until the injury list is reduced to a more manageable level
Should be ok as we can’t mark the ball anyway

If North win in Hobart Saturday afternoon ... then we only need to look forward to Mid Season Draft by 60 points ...

If we manage to take Pick 1, my hat is off to Yze ... this will have been one of the most masterful displays of tanking I have ever witnessed
Tanking don’t need to try and do with the injuries we have. Cant see North winning either.

coming from Melbourne he has plenty of experience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coulthard/Green nice to get a game but I don’t think they’re ready. Plus we really don’t need small forwards at the moment.

Outs: Coulthard, Green, Sonsie, Mansell, McIntosh

In: Baker, Banks, Campbell, Trezise, Smith

B: Miller, Young, Trezise
HB: Vlastuin, Rioli, Brown
C: Banks, Short, HRS
HF: Campbell, Lefau, Bolton
F: Martin, Balta, Cumdog
R: Nank, Prestia, Baker
Int: Dow, Smith, Broad, McAuliffe
Sub: Pickett

Short to play midfield, Broad to play forward or Trezise.

Coulthard/Green nice to get a game but I don’t think they’re ready. Plus we really don’t need small forwards at the moment.

We are making too many changes each week ... Sonsie, Macca and Coulthard especially stays in for a full game for Dreamtime.

I would have Campbell, Green and Banks play in the VFL midfield for the next month to develop their contested games with our whole starting VFL midfield doing an ACL.

Sandringham 20.14 (134) def Richmond 3.6 (24)
Hugo Garcia (SAN)
8 Max Heath (SAN)
6 Brad Crouch (SAN)
2 Matthew Allison (SAN)
2 Tom Campbell (SAN)
2 Kaleb Smith (RIC)

It is definitely worth a try to see how Trezise goes as a forward.

in: Baker, Campbell, Tresize

Out: Mansell, Dow, Sonsie

Short into midfield
Short can’t lay a tackle in the backline where the ball spent 90% of last week’s game. Exactly what would having him in the midfield add

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back