Unofficial Preview Round 11: North v Tiges

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTF is the world coming to when I have to start the weekly pre-match thread around here?

Well done with dispatching the evil scum..................................now on to the really important stuff:

1) We have finally killed ceaser and will be unveiling a new coach.
2) Can the Tiges set an AFL era record of 3 consecutive wins against North this week?

I think Friday night could be an historical moment for both clubs.
North have been pretty poor and dont appear threatening this season, even despite the "do it for Brad" effort they put together against the Dogs which was a good win. Regardless, they are a bottom 4 side.

A few factors however that make this game more difficult to tip and potentially a danger game for us.

1. New coach. This could potentially encourage them again, fresh start, play with more freedom, keen to impress, North might be "up" again.

2. Tigers injuries. Potentially Lynch will be restricted this week with a corked calf, maybe even in the game and small chance he misses altogether.

3. Marvel. Obviously favours North.

4. Fatigue. We played in a wet slop and have to get up by Friday while North played a few hours earlier but under a roof. Hopefully it didnt affect us too much.

If this was a normal week, best 22 vs best 22 I would back the Tigers regardless of venue but given the playing personell and the outside variables, North have a greater chance than the form line suggests.

All that being said, respectfully, North suck. So I will back the winners who have been getting it done regardless and tip Tigers by 30.

Simpkin is emerging now. Thomas & Larkey will keep their spots. LDU will probably go out for Hall who had 28 & 8 tackles in the ressies. Luke needs another pre-season.

Higgins is 6th in the comp for disposals, but his kicking has been a little off.

If we show up to play then you will get a contest. Lynch won't get it all his own way on Tarrant & Dusty will get some competition in the centre square, so it's not like we can't win it, but on current form I wouldn't expect it.

Is Cotchin any chance?

How's it going Snake !

Do you still believe that North have a better list than Richmond ? Why does LDU still need another pre season was he not the most afl ready in his draft class
Stephenson,Higgins,Cerra,Dow,Brayshaw etc etc have all been playing very good football for 2 seasons now but LDU still needs another preseason. Maybe he is just a vanilla footballer that was good at junior level that cant step up to the next level. Even Jack Ross in his 1st year was ready

This game will be very interesting and we should not bring Cotchin back and still leave him out to get cherry ripe
Will be Richmond VFL team v North Melbourne

Tigers vfl to win by 44 points

I dunno last night it just looked like our kids were FINALLY hitting the wall in the fourth.

I was hoping they could make it until the bye round but I’m not convinced.

I love beating North and I want to beat North but I just don’t know.
My thoughts too.

No disrespect or undermining the great things they did in game but not sure how many more games we'll get before cracks appear. Mental fatigue more than anything.

My thoughts too.

No disrespect or undermining the great things they did in game but not sure how many more games we'll get before cracks appear. Mental fatigue more than anything.
There was no disrespect intended. I love our kids and what they’ve achieved so far this year. They are close to some of the best kids in the AFL right now. Kudos to the development team down at Punt Road.

However like you said mental fatigue is going to set in eventually. I hope it won’t be this week but I felt it looked likely in the fourth quarter last night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was no disrespect intended. I love our kids and what they’ve achieved so far this year. They are close to some of the best kids in the AFL right now. Kudos to the development team down at Punt Road.

However like you said mental fatigue is going to set in eventually. I hope it won’t be this week but I felt it looked likely in the fourth quarter last night.
Didn't think you were disrespectful.👍

Little off topic..,
Has Malcolm Blight ever done anything for North after he left?
Whats the go, is he just a money grubber?

Mal's all about the coin. Prefers the Qld sun.

Danger game,teams always want something to prove with a new coach even when interim.

As others have pointed out,the game has a similar vibe to the Doggies game.

Will be hard fought,another important 4 points.

I wonder whether getting Cotch back will help or hinder. If he can fire then Awesome!! But it's along lay off.

Anyway, here's where we need to be right on our game. North is likely to come out hard and feeling free. The rebound from a new coach is usually strong and last for 2-3 weeks. We've got them at a bad time really. Decent team that can cause damage.

I wonder whether getting Cotch back will help or hinder. If he can fire then Awesome!! But it's along lay off.

Anyway, here's where we need to be right on our game. North is likely to come out hard and feeling free. The rebound from a new coach is usually strong and last for 2-3 weeks. We've got them at a bad time really. Decent team that can cause damage.

Cotch will be a help. He’s going to be rusty. That little half back role that Sheds has been dominating in is what Cotch plays when he’s not in the guts. At the very least he gives us more flexibility to deploy sheds in more damaging roles.

Having said that Sheds has been pretty handy off half back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back