Preview Round 11 Bulldogs vs Swans (with no gimmicky titles)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we keep up the midfield pressure and Grundy gets a bit of domination in the ruck for a couple of quarters I don't think they go with us.
McCartin back would be a good get but the rejigged backline has worked and handled the Carlton talls well last week. If the midfield is matching it well it slows down entries into the fifty and we set up pretty well.
The Doggies are dangerous but I haven't really seen a game from this year where they look like top 4 material. Liberatore used to be there main driver through the middle but they seem to be doing all right without him. They won't want to drop this if they want to consolidate themselves in the eight.

Ins Tmac , Roberts
Outs Francis , Fox
Campbell sub

Swans by 21 ish.

Rowy will probs take on Bont

JJ has to go to Bailey Dale whos their most dangerous HB but also piss weak if tagged

Hope McDonald has a better showing than JUH

Squiggle seems to LOOOOOVE the Bravedogs even though they're 11th. Maybe the umpires are the admin.
Screenshot 2024-05-20 003059.png

Regardless, I don't think the swans should take these assholes lightly ever again. We can see what happens when we let our guard down (2016 and this year vs Richmond).

On the plus side... Squiggle has predicted us to win the Grannie against Melbourne (Finally).

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-20 002204.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-20 002204.png
    34.1 KB · Views: 34
I had a chat to Paddy in the rooms after and asked how Tom was going and I quote "Yeah he's good, he'll play next week"..then on camera to BT, Tom said "Ive been training in full and hopefully get back next week".

So. He'll play.

This game has all the feels of potentially an upset...but then we'll beat them by 5 goals like we've been doing every other game. It's our DNA now.

Squiggle seems to LOOOOOVE the Bravedogs even though they're 11th. Maybe the umpires are the admin.
View attachment 1994630

Regardless, I don't think the swans should take these assholes lightly ever again. We can see what happens when we let our guard down (2016 and this year vs Richmond).

On the plus side... Squiggle has predicted us to win the Grannie against Melbourne (Finally).
Squiggle's formula loves it when you keep the oppisition to a low score

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was a typical Saturday morning at our local Super Cheap Auto store. We were all busy helping customers find the right parts and accessories for their cars. The aisles were filled with a mix of car enthusiasts and everyday drivers looking for deals. Suddenly, the automatic doors slid open, and in walked Sam Reid, the famous AFL footballer. He strutted in with an air of arrogance, as if he owned the place.

Sam’s entrance was hard to miss. Dressed in designer jeans, a flashy leather jacket, and sunglasses despite being indoors, he exuded confidence. He grabbed a cart and began pushing it down the aisles, loudly talking on his phone. “Yeah, mate, I’m at some auto store. Gotta pick up some stuff for the car. Don’t worry, I know what I’m doing,” he boasted, clearly unaware of what he actually needed.

I watched as Sam reached the first aisle, filled with car care products, and grabbed the nearest bottle without looking. “This will fix the weird noise the engine’s been making,” he said to himself, completely serious. He moved on to the tire section, where he stood staring at the rows of tires with a confused expression.

Seeing his confusion, I decided to offer assistance. “Excuse me, Sam. Can I help you find something?”

Sam looked at me with a dismissive wave. “Nah, I got this. Just need some new tires for my car. How hard can it be?” He picked up the first tire he saw and struggled to lift it into his cart. “These should be fine.”

I raised an eyebrow. “Those are snow tires. Do you need them for winter driving?”

Sam frowned, clearly annoyed. “Tires are tires, right? They all do the same thing.”

I sighed, realizing this was going to be a long interaction. “Actually, different tires are designed for different conditions. Maybe I can help you find the right ones for your car?”

Sam rolled his eyes. “Fine, whatever. Just make it quick. I’ve got places to be.”

As I guided Sam through the store, it became painfully obvious that he had no idea what he was looking for. He picked up random items, ignoring my advice, and dismissed any attempt to educate him about the products. His arrogance grated on everyone around him.

“I need one of those thingamajigs that make the engine go faster,” Sam declared, grabbing a random part off the shelf. It was a cup holder.

Struggling to maintain my composure, I responded, “Do you mean a performance chip or an air intake? It depends on what you’re trying to achieve.”

Sam scoffed. “I don’t know. Just give me whatever. I’m sure it’ll work.”

Other customers in the store started whispering and shaking their heads. Sam’s attitude was far from endearing, and his blatant disregard for our expertise was making him unpopular fast.

At the checkout, Sam continued to be difficult. He complained about the prices, questioned the necessity of various parts, and argued with the cashier over a discount he felt entitled to. “Don’t you know who I am?” he snapped.

The cashier, maintaining a professional demeanor, replied, “Yes, Mr. Reid. But we have to treat all our customers equally. The prices are as marked.”

Sam grumbled as he paid for his items, then stormed out of the store, leaving us all relieved to see him go.

As he loaded his purchases into his car, I watched from the doorway, shaking my head. “Fame doesn’t excuse rudeness,” I muttered to a colleague. “Hopefully, he learns that not everyone is impressed by a big name if the attitude doesn’t match.”

And so, Sam Reid, the AFL footballer, drove off, oblivious to the negative impression he had left behind. The encounter served as a reminder to all of us that knowledge and humility go a long way, no matter who you are.

All I did was go to one Swans game, I was barracking for a Carlton loss, the next best thing to a Collingwood win, appreciate the inclusion but I really wasn’t there supporting the Swans. How do I remove myself from my involvement here, can someone uninvite me?
I do not understand the sentiment expressed in this post.

It was a typical Saturday morning at our local Super Cheap Auto store. We were all busy helping customers find the right parts and accessories for their cars. The aisles were filled with a mix of car enthusiasts and everyday drivers looking for deals. Suddenly, the automatic doors slid open, and in walked Sam Reid, the famous AFL footballer. He strutted in with an air of arrogance, as if he owned the place.

Sam’s entrance was hard to miss. Dressed in designer jeans, a flashy leather jacket, and sunglasses despite being indoors, he exuded confidence. He grabbed a cart and began pushing it down the aisles, loudly talking on his phone. “Yeah, mate, I’m at some auto store. Gotta pick up some stuff for the car. Don’t worry, I know what I’m doing,” he boasted, clearly unaware of what he actually needed.

I watched as Sam reached the first aisle, filled with car care products, and grabbed the nearest bottle without looking. “This will fix the weird noise the engine’s been making,” he said to himself, completely serious. He moved on to the tire section, where he stood staring at the rows of tires with a confused expression.

Seeing his confusion, I decided to offer assistance. “Excuse me, Sam. Can I help you find something?”

Sam looked at me with a dismissive wave. “Nah, I got this. Just need some new tires for my car. How hard can it be?” He picked up the first tire he saw and struggled to lift it into his cart. “These should be fine.”

I raised an eyebrow. “Those are snow tires. Do you need them for winter driving?”

Sam frowned, clearly annoyed. “Tires are tires, right? They all do the same thing.”

I sighed, realizing this was going to be a long interaction. “Actually, different tires are designed for different conditions. Maybe I can help you find the right ones for your car?”

Sam rolled his eyes. “Fine, whatever. Just make it quick. I’ve got places to be.”

As I guided Sam through the store, it became painfully obvious that he had no idea what he was looking for. He picked up random items, ignoring my advice, and dismissed any attempt to educate him about the products. His arrogance grated on everyone around him.

“I need one of those thingamajigs that make the engine go faster,” Sam declared, grabbing a random part off the shelf. It was a cup holder.

Struggling to maintain my composure, I responded, “Do you mean a performance chip or an air intake? It depends on what you’re trying to achieve.”

Sam scoffed. “I don’t know. Just give me whatever. I’m sure it’ll work.”

Other customers in the store started whispering and shaking their heads. Sam’s attitude was far from endearing, and his blatant disregard for our expertise was making him unpopular fast.

At the checkout, Sam continued to be difficult. He complained about the prices, questioned the necessity of various parts, and argued with the cashier over a discount he felt entitled to. “Don’t you know who I am?” he snapped.

The cashier, maintaining a professional demeanor, replied, “Yes, Mr. Reid. But we have to treat all our customers equally. The prices are as marked.”

Sam grumbled as he paid for his items, then stormed out of the store, leaving us all relieved to see him go.

As he loaded his purchases into his car, I watched from the doorway, shaking my head. “Fame doesn’t excuse rudeness,” I muttered to a colleague. “Hopefully, he learns that not everyone is impressed by a big name if the attitude doesn’t match.”

And so, Sam Reid, the AFL footballer, drove off, oblivious to the negative impression he had left behind. The encounter served as a reminder to all of us that knowledge and humility go a long way, no matter who you are.
Your best yet mate.

All I did was go to one Swans game, I was barracking for a Carlton loss, the next best thing to a Collingwood win, appreciate the inclusion but I really wasn’t there supporting the Swans. How do I remove myself from my involvement here, can someone uninvite me?
3 game memberships are still available if you are considering switching allegiances

Given we’re a game and a half clear on top of the ladder and we can all start to feel we can talk finals without fear of jinxing anything, and knowing we realistically might yet face big challenges with injuries or suspensions out of the blue, should we be looking at blooding a few newbies now in case we have to draw on their presence come September?

The next crop of players on our list after our best 22 don’t have a lot of game history between them - Sheldrick 9, Corey Warner 5, McAndrew 2, Buller 1 - have I forgotten anyone? Oh Ladhams of course.

Last edited:
Not a fan of the preview bit still going on about that grand final. It's kind of embarrassing to keep banging on about a bit of bad luck almost a decade ago. Surely I'm not alone in having no particular feelings about the Bulldogs differentiated from the other Vic teams.

Last edited:
Not a fan of the preview bit still going on about that grand final. It's kind of embarrassing to keep banging on about s bit of bad luck almost a decade ago. Surely I'm not alone in having no particular feelings about the Bulldogs differentiated from the other Vic teams.
I personally always stop short of calling them cheats.

The umpiring was universally agreed to be substandard, and the Bulldogs were the lucky beneficiaries of it.

I think there’s a reasonable case the umps got swept along in the Bulldogs narrative, but it’s totally unprovable.

Umpiring was substandard. Which sucks. Bulldogs got lucky. Which sucks. But they didn’t cheat.

I don't read much into the Bulldogs' percentage. They've beaten up on bottom sides - West Coast by 76 (before their semi-resurgence), St Kilda by 60 and Richmond by 91. They've had losses to Melbourne, Geelong, Essendon and Fremantle. A good win over GWS but a bad loss to Hawthorn.

They're exactly where they should be on the ladder.

If we turn up then we should win. But it'll be interesting to see how we handle the fairly unique circumstances we're in. Being 9-1 and sitting two games + percentage clear on top of the ladder is not a position a team finds itself in very often. Will be good practice for if we are to go into a big final as strong favourites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back