Game Day Round 10, 2022: Hawthorn vs Fremantle, Saturday 29 October 7.10pm Fremantle Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Umps loved paying freo kicks today. Girls had a great first season missed has Fleming and eardley today but we clearly have a lot of gaps to fill in all parts of the ground. A kpf and contested mid high on the off season order of business. Exciting start though was great to watch and absolutely love our Irish girls!

So much to work with going forward.
Remember, we have 1 midfielder with experience at the top level.
A big preseason will fire the girls up.
Bec Goddard was fired up after the game which means she sees where we can go and the unrealised potential

Umps loved paying freo kicks today. Girls had a great first season missed has Fleming and eardley today but we clearly have a lot of gaps to fill in all parts of the ground. A kpf and contested mid high on the off season order of business. Exciting start though was great to watch and absolutely love our Irish girls!
This seems to be a consistent issue (free kicks which seem inexplicable) is it something our players consistently error or is it just the lower umpiring standard?

This seems to be a consistent issue (free kicks which seem inexplicable) is it something our players consistently error or is it just the lower umpiring standard?
It's not the girls.
I was standing with the non-playing girls yesterday, and one player (who I won't name incase the media lurkers jump) said to me, and I quote, "f*ing hell, swap the teams and that gets paid"

I've noticed in most AFLW games I watch , the lower team seem to get a very poor run from the umps in general.

Girls have been fantastic this year, after reading previews I thought we might snag 1 win if we were lucky enough.

Our game style is great to watch , we just need to fill some holes and I think in a few seasons we have a very good side .

I've noticed in most AFLW games I watch , the lower team seem to get a very poor run from the umps in general.

Girls have been fantastic this year, after reading previews I thought we might snag 1 win if we were lucky enough.

Our game style is great to watch , we just need to fill some holes and I think in a few seasons we have a very good side .
Good marking half forward, now need a deep forward who can mark (with jess retiring)
A fit and fast wing or 2 (our wings lack pace)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back