Unofficial Preview Round 1 v bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treloar and Stephenson missing really hurt us as they provide a point of difference with their burst speed around the ball.

Between the glandular fever and hand injury you would assume lack of match fitness is the reason for Stephenson's absence.

I will admit I worry about how he will respond to his suspension last year and whether the player we get back is the one we fell in love with.

Will he still have the same spark, the hubris to launch that torpedo or will he become more introverted not wishing to draw any extra attention to himself?

For a player like Stephenson that would be a disaster IMHO.

My other main concern is whether a side containing all of Adams, Elliott, Thomas, Brown and Daicos is one small to many.

Elliott, Thomas and Daicos in particular will all need to lift their tackle numbers and pressure rating this season if it is to work.

While Madge hasn’t set the world on fire he hasn’t actually been played in his natural position. He gets his chance at the start of the year, let’s see what he’s got.

I actually thought Madgen was good against the Tigers in the Marsh series, so not surprised he gets a gig first up.

I'm not concerned at all and I rate this best 22 despite Treloar injured.

Josh Daicos is a good inclusion, by all reports he's been the most improved player of the preseason and his Marsh games showed that. He added more consistency and impact to his game, and I'm excited to see what the season will look like for Daicos this year.

Madgen just needs to focus on beating his man and not turn the ball over and I think we'll be very content with that output in the role that he plays, and I very much believe he's capable of that.

The Tyler brown inclusion is one that I am concerned with though. I know someone said he had a good preseason but I cant say I was too impressed with his Marsh games.

Overall, I'm quite excited with where we are at following the conclusion of season 2019. We were close to making it to a grand final, I believe the team that day could have gone further on any other given day. We reset in 2020 and go again. And the team has pretty much done that.

Pendlebury, Adam's, Sidebottom, De Goey, Treloar, Maynard, Howe, Crisp and Moore, all have the capacity to have an AA season. If Stephenson, WHE and Thomas can find that form of 2018, then that is a huge improvement to the back end of our best 22.

And if even just 25% of what ive listed actually pans out then we're in good stead for the premiership.

Get excited.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back