Preview Round 1 2023 - v Western Bulldogs, Saturday 18 March, 7:25pm @ the MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dogs have the addition of Lobb into their forward line this year, will be a different dynamic on an already decent forward line. Losing a key tall back is less than ideal

Don’t rate the dogs that highly?
Good teams don't fall apart because of a couple of injuries. Shit teams use it as an excuse. If we are up and firing then we still have 19 other players. We're not gonna lose by 30, drop May in and become the best team in the league again it's not basketball

Dogs have the addition of Lobb into their forward line this year, will be a different dynamic on an already decent forward line. Losing a key tall back is less than ideal
Only one of them can mark it at a time, let em stroll through the middle and pick targets and May won't do **** all anyway. Not the end of the world.

Only one of them can mark it at a time, let em stroll through the middle and pick targets and May won't do * all anyway. Not the end of the world.
I didn't say it was the end of the world, but it isn't ideal. Our centreline is still pretty stacked, win the ball there and it shouldn't be an issue really. Plus Grundy can free up Gawn to go back, so we do have options. Not hitting the panic button

I didn't say it was the end of the world, but it isn't ideal. Our centreline is still pretty stacked, win the ball there and it shouldn't be an issue really. Plus Grundy can free up Gawn to go back, so we do have options. Not hitting the panic button
I reckon in my life I've seen 500 examples of a team bringing in extra talls to stretch a defence and almost every time it fails because the best players average like 2 contested marks a game. Then the tall blokes are useless for the rest

Fritsch is probably the hardest to replace, Viney is covered, Salem has been out for a long time now so nothing new, May out will hurt but I trust disco to do the job, I don't think Tomlinson has it anymore. Glad the team isn't rushing any players back it's better in the long run. We lost round 1 in 04 to a bottom 4 hawthorn than won the next 6 so round one is just another game.

I reckon in my life I've seen 500 examples of a team bringing in extra talls to stretch a defence and almost every time it fails because the best players average like 2 contested marks a game. Then the tall blokes are useless for the rest
You're probably right, Them losing weightmen hurts their talls when brining it to ground. Although not that an injury matters to us it won't matter to them.

I do recall a queensbirthday in 2016 where i think Collingwood played the three rucks against Gawn for no result.

I have had one bulldogs mate all preseason not shut the **** up about their talls to me, and how they'll stretch us round 1. I presume it's leaked into my brain after a long period of dribble

Darcy is still a rake, Lobb has never been particularly consistent and JUH is also pretty flakey at this stage. Naughton is the most dangerous but he's had good games against us in the past that wound up comfortable wins for us. Keeping their minds in check and getting good entries ourselves should be out main concern.

You're probably right, Them losing weightmen hurts their talls when brining it to ground. Although not that an injury matters to us it won't matter to them.

I do recall a queensbirthday in 2016 where i think Collingwood played the three rucks against Gawn for no result.

I have had one bulldogs mate all preseason not shut the * up about their talls to me, and how they'll stretch us round 1. I presume it's leaked into my brain after a long period of dribble
I'll also bet there's no chance in hell that the dogs start with 4 talls inside 50 at the centre bounce. That would be the funniest thing I've ever seen

When teams go super tall usually you can just park the bus and turn their forwardline into a complete mess.

Last edited:
When teams go super tall usually you can just park the bus and turn their forwardline a complete mess.
The people just add up how many talls, give them all 3 goals and 5 marks and say wow how great is a tall forward line but at a certain point one takes away from the other. This isn't some tactical brilliance that no one's thought of for 150 years. It doesn't work

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's funny, winning at the G means nothing to me. Last few times I went to the footy I hated it.

Nothing beats sitting on my fat arse, surrounded by junk food, chocolate bars, milk shakes, coke-a-cola (no sugar), few pingers, couple of lines, laptop open so I can keep in touch with my bigfooty friends. Best seat in the house too, don' t have to deal with people, games over I can roll off the couch and go straight to sleep. Perfect.

Coke no sugar seems an odd choice in this line up.

Coke no sugar seems an odd choice in this line up.
I always try and cut calories where I can. Also coke full flavour is a bit too strong for me these days, i’m getting old!

Tried “smoked cola” over the long weekend. $7 a bottle, felt very fancy drinking it but wouldn’t splash out like that on the regular. Was pretty nice tho.

I always try and cut calories where I can. Also coke full flavour is a bit too strong for me these days, i’m getting old!

Tried “smoked cola” over the long weekend. $7 a bottle, felt very fancy drinking it but wouldn’t splash out like that on the regular. Was pretty nice tho.

Smoked cola... la di da.

I draw the line at the cost of Dr Pepper. That's as premium a soft drink as you need.

Great preseason supposedly, but could be going into Round 1 with our best defender, best forward, vice captain and an important HBF all missing out.

A11dAtP0w3R any luck cloning Burgo yet?

Not like it has much to do with PS though

Laurie to debut is interesting.
Hope he goes well, but it's a fairly uninspiring pick based off the practice game. Would've rathered Taj tbh, but get that it's positional.

Hoping that means no Chandler, feel like Chandler, Laurie, McVee and potentially Disco (for May) leaves us a bit short in terms of experience/guaranteed contributors

Hope he goes well, but it's a fairly uninspiring pick based off the practice game. Would've rathered Taj tbh, but get that it's positional.

Hoping that means no Chandler, feel like Chandler, Laurie, McVee and potentially Disco (for May) leaves us a bit short in terms of experience/guaranteed contributors
That's what I was thinking, Laurie in then chandler is probably not in, but to me I'd prefer chandler, I guess we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back