Injury Rodan retires following ACL rupture

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done to David on his career. I went to primary school and high school with David and was pretty excited when he went to Melbourne as my wife is a keen Dees supporter.
This is his fourth knee from memory and i remember as a kid watching him break his leg quite badly at an athletics carnival in Coburg. Compound fracture, lots of blood.
David comes from a great family and whenever i bumped into him down the shops he always stopped for a chat, despite me being a couple of years behind him.
Not many players can claim to be a dual Morrish medal winner.
Best of luck in the future David and to you MFC.

Played a big part in half our wins as well as being a good pickup off field, one of our better recruits this year. Well done on a great career, best of luck for the future d-rod

Was at the match the first time he did his ACL, was pretty sickening to watch. But happy he was able to recover and play some good footy despite that and a couple of other knee injuries. Highlight during his career with us was that running goal (that he almost stuffed up in the square) against the Dogs.

I honestly think he offered quite a bit when he played for us, and he was always hard at it which put him head and shoulders above alot of the playing group.

Good luck to him in life after footy, maybe we could keep him around as a mentor for younger players for the remaining year of his contract, given he said thats something he enjoyed in his time here.

Exactly. Half our wins.

I prefer the way Jacko said it, sounded more flattering ;)

it was nice of him to make a contribution to the club in the short amount of time he was here, i wish him all the best for the future. i was happy for him to wear the red and the blue even if he only did it for 9 games, best of luck Roden.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back