Delisted Robert Eddy

Remove this Banner Ad

Code:
Pos Number Player       Age    Games    Price        2009            2008            2007       
                        DT      SC     Played    DT Avg    SC Avg    Played    DT Avg     SC Avg    Played    DT Avg     SC Avg
MID 40 EDDY, Robert    22    23    $230,800 $280,800 10    53.7    52.8    13    57.8    53.9    0    0.0    0.0

In his 32nd game Robert Eddy plays his eighth final and first Grand Final

St Kilda picked Robert Eddy with the number 39 selection at the 2007 Rookie Draft, he was 182 centimetres tall and weighed 83 kilograms when drafted as a 19 year old. Eddy was recruited from Stony Creek and the Gippsland Under-18s as an inside midfielder.

The profile for Eddy in the AFL Record guide to season 2007 said “Eddy represented Vic Country in the 2006 NAB AFL Under-18 Championships, where he was named in the All-Australian team.”1 Robert’s strengths as a junior footballer were his ball winning ability and his speed.

Eddy played in St Kilda’s only NAB cup game during the 2007 pre-season. Consistent performances in 17 games for the Casey Scorpions in the VFL including one final resulted in Eddy retaining his place on St Kilda’s Rookie list for the 2008 season.

Robert was promoted off the Rookie list in the days before St Kilda’s Round 13 match against Fremantle at Etihad Stadium and was one of three St Kilda players along with Ben McEvoy and Jarryd Allen to make their AFL debut in the match against Fremantle. Eddy made an impressive debut, having 12 kicks, six marks, five handballs and laying three tackles in the eight point victory.

READ ENTIRE ARTICLE: http://truesainters.wordpress.com/2...plays-his-eighth-final-and-first-grand-final/

Whilst I can understand if people have preferred players (in front of Eddy) in the 22, the comments about his game on the weekend are pretty low. Whilst Gram is off with concussion and Sam Fish with a hammy, we have a bloke running around with a broken arm in a temporary cast (some may remember seeing the pain on his face after a collision later in the game). Respect, Edward Robby :

219554.jpg

Obviously I couldn't see his arm from the fourth deck (was also unaware of the other injuries), so I apologise for my critique of his game as it was unfolding. What an amazing effort to knowingly run back onto the ground with a broken arm.

His first GF wasn't great, but his prelim was magnificent. I am certainly one who - like most others - wants an injection of youth next year, but I'm not writing off Eddison Roberts (or, for that matter, anyone else).

Just read that Eddy played both GFs after fracturing his jaw in the prelim
And that he had a broken bone in his hand throughout the season

That's tough

On the other hand, maybe we should dump him because he's obviously injury prone :D

Delisted at end of 2010 season.

Rookie listed 2010/11 rookie draft.

"Certainly at the time it was a really tough decision to delist Robert Eddy, but we wanted to open up some spots on our list. His great strength is to run and work. We really know what Robert is capable of and we've outlined to him strongly what he needs to improve on, which includes skills and decision-making.

"He competes really well and his defence is good, but if he can work on his offence he has a bit to offer us. He certainly helps contribute to the team dynamics and spirit around the place."

what's his role in 2011?
Have to get whoever goes to the season opener function to ask him. Last year he was supposed to be working more with the midfield coach and trying to crack a spot there, don't know why that didn't happen.

I'd be disappointed if the club (and Eddy himself) don't realise he should be in the small defender role. And with Howie leaving, there is a gap to fill at Sandy (and in the AFL In the post-Baker era).

Re: 2011 Player Reviews

Rob "Who?" Eddy #40

It has been an eventful 12 months for Edward Robby.

Delisted, broke his arm twice, and got sledged on twitter by some douchebag who goes by "PrincessSparkles".

In amongst all this, Eddy took on the back pocket role in the VFL on the opposition's best small forward - and was a revelation in this new role.

8th in the B&F and averaged over 20 possessions and 3 tackles a game. He was ranked 2nd at the Zebs for positive acts (smothers, spoils, chases and shepherds).

A real team player and well liked at the club.

He has expressed an interest in continuing his AFL career after being "retired" by Ross Lyon. His kicking action probably holds him back, and the broken arms haven't helped - but I wish him well in his future endeavours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back