Autopsy Roast vs Brisbane & Changes for Dreamtime game R11

Least worst 5 vs Brisbane

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

He led the team tonight in contested possessions (his 14 was 5 MORE than our next best), clearances and score involvements. And had zero clangers.

So in a 119 point mauling did you expect him to lead the team in goals and intercepts as well?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
That is good, I clearly didnt notice but that is an improvement for sure

A few good things came out of last night's drubbing, some of the kids looked alright, Coulthard played ok and looked like an AFL player with the limited time off the bench, Cumdog is getting back to 2022 form he just needs to settle himself down a bit but does have footy smarts and McCauliffe will be good just needs to be quicker with disposal and flatten out his foot passes but that will come in time and with more games under his belt, he's a very nice pick up so late in the draft last year.

Last edited:
I could excuse some of the past 4 weeks if I could see a silver lining.
There is none.
I can’t see any of our young players being stars.
Brown? Sorry, don’t see it.
We are shoe ins for 18th next year and maybe even this year.
I can’t even see having two good drafts as making much impact either.
Eat a steak and some butter mate, all those soy grains and seed oils you been having making you too negative

Last edited:
Eat a steak and some butter mate, all that soy grains and seed oils having making you too negative
Just not a kool aid drinker, that’s all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem is, sure some of our young guys look like they could be good, but they don't have the star players to support them now while they're improving, that's why we get thrashed, if we still had Dusty doing what Dusty used to do, Cotchin, Lynch, Reiwoldt, and others at their peak we could get by with them, but not when we are relying on them to do the heavy lifting etc.

Few points

Some got carried away with the early form and win was always going to get worse with more kids in and senior blokes coasting around and adding injuries. Rebuild no doubt.

Blaming Yze is ridiculous get the best coach in afl now he will struggle the cattle is not there. Needs the preseason clean up the list and football department needs a revamp. Most importantly put the right people next to him invest in the footy department club has been taking the short way out standards dropped. This bs Yze rocked the ship over memorabilia what a lousy exuse players agreed and it's in another room move on we're in a new dawn.

Blame our defence all you like it's still our best part of our side. Sinking ship playing in our defence so much ball comes in because midfield and forward line can't compete.

Hit the draft hard and make hard calls whoever is in stays whoever wants our pack your bags.
Good summation & To be fair to Yze he can’t kick it for them, but maybe it’s the coaching? We are so down in confidence that even when we get opportunities we spray them - Dusty set shot from 30, Dusty handpassing to no one when he would normally banana it in to the 4th tier, Cumberland nearly missed his foot, etc… tough watch but bring on pick 1, fresh, energetic coaches and a spanking new high performance team

it looks to me that yze is seen as a soft leader , was a soft player, and came from a looser culture .

nobody is going to play for this bloke. hes a gimp

imagine Richmond appointing a coach that comes from melbourne of all clubs . they are just about the poorest run club historically in the comp and weve plucked a dude that never won anything during his career

Yze mentioned it preseason and time to do it, Rioli has to go into the midfield. He is a star, he is almost impossible to corral and he gut runs. Guaranteed he would be our best mid next week if played there, he and Bolton together would be great to watch.
Except Ouzo plays Bolton in the forward pocket

Will get pick 2 anyway but should put the hand out for the AFL priority pick since everyone else has 😂
If we are lucky we get pick three after all the gifts are handed out , more than likely 4

it looks to me that yze is seen as a soft leader , was a soft player, and came from a looser culture .

imagine Richmond appointing a coach that comes from melbourne of all teams . they are just about the poorest run club in the comp and weve plucked a dude that never won anything during his career
Watch out for his BF sante he'll chuck a hissy fit over your comment. :$

does anyone else think theyre trying to make a rainbow jumper with all the different coloured sponsors and the fluro sash ?
Knowing how the club does its thing these days highly likely

imagine Richmond appointing a coach that comes from melbourne of all clubs . they are just about the poorest run club historically in the comp and weve plucked a dude that never won anything during his career
Spot on Brother

Last 2 weeks have seen us lose by a combined 210 points as the injury crisis reaches critical mass. 15 on the injury list heading into this game, little ability to make meaningful changes at all and Yze is basically just biding time until we can get some of our better players back over the next few weeks before he can really start to do anything meaningful in terms of selection and adjustments.

I know it's incredibly frustrating to watch us be little more than witches hats as the opposition have a glorified training run at our expense, but what more can be done other than make the best out of a horror situation and keep putting time and development into the kids that may have a future.

Tonight I enjoyed the games of Dow & McAuliffe in the middle against a much more experienced Lions unit. Dow had 20 disposals and 7 clearances, while McAuliffe had 20 disposals 5 tackles and 2 clearances and looked much more comfortable at the level as the game went on, showcasing his power in terms of getting out of the contest and through tackles. Can't wait to see both playing alongside Taranto & Hopper in a few weeks time. Cumberland showed enough to keep his spot for a few more weeks, sure there were some Noah moments, but there was also his ability to create something out of nothing and an ability to hit the scoreboard when given the chance.

It sucks that Mansell and Lefau have now joined the injury list, but I'd be more shocked if we didn't get any further injuries such is our luck at the moment.

Anyway next week we get to front up again and we'll get another chance to see the young cubs develop and right now that is something to look forward to, because the more of them that can step up the better it will be for us moving forward.

Agree - both Kano and Dow were good to watch.
Hope Dow can work on his strength,,
Both have to keep playing all year

Lefau like Dow and Kano has been asked to do a lot …Mykeltiis a ripper and it’s a shame he got that knock

Cumbo was languishing in Siberia in our forward line for most of the first half…when he played further up the ground, he did some really good things….kicked 30% of our goals!

Agree - both Kano and Dow were good to watch.
Hope Dow can work on his strength,,
Both have to keep playing all year

Lefau like Dow and Kano has been asked to do a lot …Mykeltiis a ripper and it’s a shame he got that knock

Cumbo was languishing in Siberia in our forward line for most of the first half…when he played further up the ground, he did some really good things….kicked 30% of our goals!
Dow has good skills but i still think he's way too light for inside midfield, why not try him on a wing and see how he goes?

Back