Autopsy Roast & Toast vs Bulldogs & Changes for R10 vs Brisbane

Best on ground

• 1. N. Vlastuin

Votes: 85 87.6%
  • * Other

Votes: 12 12.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So he’s meant to “develop” players in less than 10 games? It takes longer right???

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
No, but he can start developing a game plan old one hasn't been working for ages.

Watching last night I felt I was back in time during the KB days then I woke up and said nawwwaw they were more exciting to watch:) Was that Collingwood curse passed on to us? Poor Jr just when he was coming good and enjoying his footy breaks a leg f me can't make this crap up.

Feeling what most are, a bit shell-shocked from that very subpar performance.
I can't even pinpoint certain players which I normally critique but I think as a collective we all know we were poor so not singling out anyone.

Some say there was effort. No one is saying that players dont try they do but let's be honest here there are different types of effort and tonight it was on the lower scale. The Dogs players, even approaching 100 points lead they hit the packs hard, Chassed, harassed and tackled us like we were 5 points up and they were trying to win the game. We on the other hand let them go past us like witches' hats, with no hard running to close them down, deny space and time to execute.

I know we have key players out but Yze worries me and I say this more so in terms of the game plan or lack of it. I honestly do not see anything different than last year.
In the preseason I was so looking forward to our new game style but I don’t see it.
I heard several people saying can Ooze coach? We all want Yze to be a great coach which means we will be successful again.

Graham playing after what one week was a monumental mistake.

We look so slow around the contest. Centre square bounce as soon as the ball hit the ground the dogs pounced and had out riders running hard to support with overlap handball and passing to their forwards at will. This happened pretty much all night. They put a lot of speed on the ball. We looked so slow.

Young on Naughton for the first half or so was completely taken to the cleaners. Doesn’t have the pace to run with Naughton. Young is more your one-on-one type of player. Miller then went to Naughton and did a little better but Naughton does get on his bike.

How many times did we slip over? Not sure how it looked on TV but at the ground it was terrible like they had ice skates on.

Banks injury from what I saw Balta pushed English into banks, looked nasty. Graham had ice on his hammy. And Juniors' injury also looked nasty hard to tell at the ground but looked like an ankle injury.

2 weeks ago I heard Vlastuin say post game seasons done now (or words to that effect) I feared this would happen after hearing him say that, and since then we’ve lost by 50 and 90. Senior players are now in auto pilot. It’s going to be a long season from here on in.

Usually you can find some positives some take away, there was nothing yesterday, nothing. I like Yze but he needs to find what this sides identity is moving fwd. we can’t play Melbournes contested style, we can’t play fast footy, we can’t play fwd pressure, we can’t sling shot - we’re nothing atm and maybe it takes longer than 10 games, but geez you’d want to start seeing some Semblance of what this football sides identity will be

I’m just shell shocked at our fall from grace, it’s all or nothing with this club, our history is littered with it. I honestly felt our recent culture change would ensure we’d remain competitive (without expecting to be in the premiership window for a while) but we’ve completely and utterly dropped away. I guess it’s hibernation for another 20-30 years, you don’t come back from full rebuilds for a very very long time

I’m just shell shocked at our fall from grace, it’s all or nothing with this club, our history is littered with it. I honestly felt our recent culture change would ensure we’d remain competitive (without expecting to be in the premiership window for a while) but we’ve completely and utterly dropped away. I guess it’s hibernation for another 20-30 years, you don’t come back from full rebuilds for a very very long time
Our midfield is currently gutted , the recruiting of TT and hopper were meant to cushion the transition , their absence highlights why they were needed , further to that we havent got a f50 , it’s listless

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apologies if this not the appropriate thread to place this post. I have to say that i am quite stunned on the quick decline of our great club in a matter of only a few seasons from the golden era. I understand there are a number of factors for the decline - aging/retirement of players, rule changes, motivation after achieving the ultimate success multiple times may no longer be there etc, but other clubs like Geelong, Sydney have not bottomed out for such a long time. I am ready to cop criticism from others here, for what I am about to say as well as my lack of activeness in writing posts, but I just think we became too complacent and somewhat arrogant especially after the 3rd flag. You can say well after winning the 3rd flag we earn't our right to be arrogant, but it just shows you how quickly you can become back down to earth. The AFL system and product is just not designed and set up to be a dominant team for a longer period of time i.e. 10 plus years. I will give the club credit though for maximising our time at the top to win 3 flags. Hopefully we can bounce back soon and continue develop, draft and recruit exciting talent to once again be a force...
Fair post .. I actually think we jumped the shark before the third flag .. the impact of Covid on our support staff + Dimma going troppo + distractions around Stack etc.. the 2020 prelim and GF was part miracle part 3 years of momentum ..

he came in and could have cleaned out the conditioning posts. he could have doen a lot of things but chose not to.
why didnt the club see there was something wrong with louie after 2023 when the supporters did ?

our board are in la la land

It was all bc Balmy didn’t want Yze as coach and then was left off the panel and replaced by FIGJAM. What a way to treat a true Tiger legend.
they shouldve let balmey take the reings and organise everything at the end of last year just like at the end of 2016

instead they had tim livingstone with his stupid backpack doing it all. out of his depth

balme wouldve sacked louie 100%

I give credit to balme for our dynasty, benny gale is getting all
the credit but without balme he sails off into the sunset with absolutely nothing !!!

the way rfc have treated balme is horrible!!!🤮

I just think we became too complacent and somewhat arrogant especially after the 3rd flag.
I think that's exactly what happened. And not just the players. The standards seem to have dropped across the entire club.

why didnt the club see there was something wrong with louie after 2023 when the supporters did ?

our board are in la la land
That’s the first thing that needs to change come seasons end. 2 years injuries have killed our season before it really started.

That’s the first thing that needs to change come seasons end. 2 years injuries have killed our season before it really started.
and yet the supporters saw it early yet the club did not act !!!! la la land

Richmond have shown they can build dynasties. It’s a minor low that was always going to happen - Hawks, Lions. Have faith in Yze and the rebuild.
It is always darkest before the sun rises. Have faith! They have conspired against us but we shall rise again!! We must follow the golden path though. We must play all the kids to see who can make kt and who can't, and then let the players know at the end of the year that whoever doesn't want to be here can go. Then a new tiger will rise up!!!

Back