Autopsy Roast & Toast vs Bulldogs & Changes for R10 vs Brisbane

Best on ground

• 1. N. Vlastuin

Votes: 85 87.6%
  • * Other

Votes: 12 12.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yze isn't going to tell the media what he actually thinks of our list post match press conference.

Mini had his opportunity to play younger guys last season but was more concerned making the top 8 to secure the job.
Spot on, in everything you said

If he thinks the effort was good then the talent is just extremely low. I can understand players dropping their heads and getting blown out in a tough season but if we're giving full effort and still getting belted that badly the problems are worse than we think
Exactly, that wouldn't be a good thing either. It would mean our list is in dire straits.

I just don't believe it though. Shai Bolton has only played in the second half for two weeks in a row. Did barely anything in the first halves of last week and this week. Dusty is barely getting out of a jog nowadays. We've watched what players like Dusty and Bolton can do hundreds of times over the years. Was there really no fault in their intent and effort today?

I want him to turn on a game from Bolton a couple of years ago and think about whether he really gave it his all over the last two weeks.

if you know any dogs fans,
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

I'll be honest. I was expecting around this time of the year for the first big belting to come and then our season would look real tough. Always happens with a younger/rebuilding side. In for a few real shithouse months watching the games and getting pumped just enjoy the ride back up.
I agree, best to take the long view. Yze is a good coach. We'll keep adjusting the coaching group and other roles in footy dept. A new CEO. It will take a few years and we're likely to be down for a couple of years. Remember Cotch, Rance and Dusty came to us through a similar dark period so there are long-term silver linings

Apologies if this not the appropriate thread to place this post. I have to say that i am quite stunned on the quick decline of our great club in a matter of only a few seasons from the golden era. I understand there are a number of factors for the decline - aging/retirement of players, rule changes, motivation after achieving the ultimate success multiple times may no longer be there etc, but other clubs like Geelong, Sydney have not bottomed out for such a long time. I am ready to cop criticism from others here, for what I am about to say as well as my lack of activeness in writing posts, but I just think we became too complacent and somewhat arrogant especially after the 3rd flag. You can say well after winning the 3rd flag we earn't our right to be arrogant, but it just shows you how quickly you can become back down to earth. The AFL system and product is just not designed and set up to be a dominant team for a longer period of time i.e. 10 plus years. I will give the club credit though for maximising our time at the top to win 3 flags. Hopefully we can bounce back soon and continue develop, draft and recruit exciting talent to once again be a force...

Sydney have won 2 x flags in the last 74-years. We’ve won 3 in 8 years…. but I know what you’re saying.

And this is one major reason Sydney haven’t bottomed out : Heeney, Mills, Gulden, Blakey, Campbell & Wicks. All academy selections.

When you’ve had access to only a few top-10 picks in a decade, and fork out massive money to Lynch and Dusty eventually the chickens will come home to roost.

Thats ok though … when in the flag window you go as hard as you can to get some silverware, and we capitalised big time.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Let's hope tonight was rock bottom for our season. I have a bad feeling that it may not be. Lions at the Gabba next week with 3 more players out to look forward to....

We just can't take a trick this season. How ironic was it that we had 2 players carted off on stretchers and a Bulldog player ended up with a free kick on both occasions?

What the actual * is going on with our players and their grasp of gravity and keeping their footing at the moment?! That was beyond embarrassing tonight. How one team slipped over constantly and the other didn't says there's a major issue somewhere. Even guys like Bolton who is normally like a cat, kept slipping over. We've got enough issues without adding clearly avoidable ones.

To have one of our few shining lights this season carried of on a stretcher was terrible to witness. To see Banks hit the ground and go completely limp was even worse. I wonder if the peanut(s) on this forum who labelled him soft during the week are reassessing their opinions. Unlikely.

Pretty much zero positives to take out of this game. Sorry Adem, but your honeymoon period is officially over. Time for everyone at the club to roll up their sleeves and get to work. It's not going to get any easier so I hope they're up for the fight.
certainly hard to find positives
I thought Campbell at least tried to take the game on , and play with some spark.
Hugo ran hard in the first half, did some good things.
But apart from that, yeah Shizen

This is the AFL cycle. We made it count whilst we were at the top. If the club makes the right decisions we can get back there. Watching Man City now you look at every new player they’ve brought in, it’s all been bought. We don’t have that luxury in the AFL. This is the price you pay for success.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the AFL cycle. We made it count whilst we were at the top. If the club makes the right decisions we can get back there. Watching Man City now you look at every new player they’ve brought in, it’s all been bought. We don’t have that luxury in the AFL. This is the pride you pay for success.
And yet Geelong seems to never ever bottom out MMMMMM I wonder why?

Right now Yze is like the captain of the Titanic, just shuffling the deck chairs around as it all goes wrong.

We're missing our starting midfield, best key forward, & our best key defender, while our second best key forward played his first game in over a month.

This season is a write off when it cones to being a team capable of winning games of footy. What it is though is a launching pad for the future. Kids are getting invaluable exposure at the senior level and Yze will be able to make informed list management decisions at seasons end as he'll have seen just about everyone.

I'm expecting some big calls to be made that will get the list better positioned to be able to play the way he wants. Right now that isn't possible because of the injuries as well as players being unable to play to the level required as they're still in the early stages of their careers.

As I mentioned last week now is the time to jump on board and continue to give the team the support we gave them when the flags were being won. It's not the time to sink the boots in. That's the easy way out

Last edited:
I know 90’s fashion seems to be back in but we don’t need to take it so seriously and play like we did in the 90’s

But seriously…Graham, Short and Picketts tickets should be stamped after tonight
Graham is still tradable, we should be talking to Adelaide about draft picks in exchange because they still have interest in him.

Right now Yze is like the captain of the Titanic, just shuffling the deck chairs around as it all goes wrong.

We're missing our starting midfield, best key forward, & our best key defender, while our second best key forward played his first game in over a month.

This season is a write off when it cones to being a team capable of winning games of footy. What it is though is a launching pad for the future. Kids are getting invaluable exposure at the senior level and Yze will be able to make informed list management decisions at seasons end as he'll have seen just about everyone.

I'm expecting some big calls to be made that will get the list better positioned to be able tonpkay the way he wants. Right now that isn't possible because of the injuries as well as players being unable to play to the level required as they're still in the early stages of their careers.

As I mentioned last week now is the time to jump on board and continue to give the team the support we gave them when the flags were being won. It's not the time to sink the boots in. That's the easy way out

If I can recommend post of the year. You have my vote :)

And some people are showing their true colors now we are back down, Dimma first, Peggy and now Gale.
With due respect a well run truly professional club has to deal with succession planning. Coaches and CEOs are career professionals. Dimma and Benny gave us enormous service. Each still has another big career opportunity in them. So let them go with our blessing and let's build our next dynasty from the ground up. Livingstone and Hartley will likely move on in the next year or two for similar reasons. Our club is extremely attractive for emerging professionals with character and we can help mould them to be the next Benny + Dimma. I think we definitely will have the next 3-4 years without a finals appearance but when we rise it will be for a sustained period.

Back