• 1. N. Vlastuin

Votes: 85 87.6%
  • * Other

Votes: 12 12.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay, it's bleak. For sure.

But a couple of thoughts.

1. The Dogs are flat track bullies. Beating up on struggling teams by 10 goals or more and then melting as soon any heat is applied is kind of their brand.

2. Even one of Baker, Hopper, Taranto or Ross would have made a considerable difference to how easily the Dogs out-muscled us at every clearance. That's how they put us to the sword. We were missing precisely the type of player that may have given us a fighting chance.

3. I am not convinced our 18-23 year old players are duds. But any player who weighs less than 80kg is going to look especially feeble against Bontempelli and co. Presumably they will be 2-5kg heavier next year.

4. We will have a sweet set of draft picks this year. It will be one of the last decent draft hauls before Tasmania gets them all. If you are going to bottom out, much better to do it this year rather than in two years.

I'm not understanding why we're using Pickett as a mid but Dusty forward after the word preseason was that he would play mid this year. Next week I'd like to see a midfield of Prestia, Dusty, Sonsie and Dow. Baker and Sonsie can take turns pushing up from half forward. They'll still get smashed but if we're playing an old guy in there why not make it dusty?

do you reckon nick maxwell still has flashbacks about galipoli?
Season 6 What GIF by The Office

I'm not understanding why we're using Pickett as a mid but Dusty forward after the word preseason was that he would play mid this year. Next week I'd like to see a midfield of Prestia, Dusty, Sonsie and Dow. They'll still get smashed but if we're playing an old guy in there why not make it dusty?
Because Dusty is cooked with lower leg issues. Has lost a heap of power as a result

Atleast we had young players then though who were high draft picks. This year is a brutal watch, we dont really start our rebuild until this years draft, so its just killing time and the senior players know it.
I think you're right. There seems to be a resignation from the senior crop that our season was shot as soon as Lynch, Balta and Taranto went down. Gibcus and Prestia injuries at the time too pretty deflating as far as 2024 goes. They do just appear to be going through the motions.

We have the worst under 24 list in the comp and it's not even close. north light years ahead
That’s fair but norf have been shite and had access to a plethora of top draft picks whilst we have won 3 flags and our only top 10er has missed 2 years after a promising debut season. Agree some things have to change with fitness staff and footwear a priority, and now we can attack the draft again, but prefer being a tiger over the last 10…

I'm not understanding why we're using Pickett as a mid but Dusty forward after the word preseason was that he would play mid this year. Next week I'd like to see a midfield of Prestia, Dusty, Sonsie and Dow. They'll still get smashed but if we're playing an old guy in there why not make it dusty?
Did you see him run around like an old broken down moose tonight dude? His speed is long gone, he makes bad decisions now and he gets caught all the time and the don't argue is long gone. Trade him whilst he as any value left, Dimma still wants him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's hope tonight was rock bottom for our season. I have a bad feeling that it may not be. Lions at the Gabba next week with 3 more players out to look forward to....

We just can't take a trick this season. How ironic was it that we had 2 players carted off on stretchers and a Bulldog player ended up with a free kick on both occasions?

What the actual **** is going on with our players and their grasp of gravity and keeping their footing at the moment?! That was beyond embarrassing tonight. How one team slipped over constantly and the other didn't says there's a major issue somewhere. Even guys like Bolton who is normally like a cat, kept slipping over. We've got enough issues without adding clearly avoidable ones.

To have one of our few shining lights this season carried of on a stretcher was terrible to witness. To see Banks hit the ground and go completely limp was even worse. I wonder if the peanut(s) on this forum who labelled him soft during the week are reassessing their opinions. Unlikely.

Pretty much zero positives to take out of this game. Sorry Adem, but your honeymoon period is officially over. Time for everyone at the club to roll up their sleeves and get to work. It's not going to get any easier so I hope they're up for the fight.

This is actually really sad ….. the club is in a really bad place and just feels like we’ve gone back to the dark times very quickly

Very quickly? We made finals for 8-years out of 10 from 2013-2022. Won three flags. Made a PF. 10-years of making finals then winning flags in an 18-team competition is quick to you?

When you’re fighting the tide for so long, with inexperienced players taking the load, at some stage the dam wall is going to burst.

We were never going to be highly competitive every week with the season from hell we’ve had thus far. There’ll be more of these losses, especially with another spate of injuries as we had tonight.

It’ll be a good thing in the long run… no papering over cracks. 2024 has to be about getting the remaining 14-games into as many kids as possible so when we have the quality troops back in 2025 they are not surrounded by too
many players with less than 15-games.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Did you see him run around like an old broken down moose tonight dude? His speed is long gone, he makes bad decisions now and he gets caught all the time and the don't argue is long gone. Trade him whilst he as any value left, Dimma still wants him.
he was dont arguing early in the season before the calf niggle became a carry so its not long gone its been gone 5 weeks calm down karen

Back