Autopsy Roast & Toast vs Bulldogs & Changes for R10 vs Brisbane

Best on ground

• 1. N. Vlastuin

Votes: 85 87.6%
  • * Other

Votes: 12 12.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s been obvious all year the lack of discipline and commitment from the senior players. The problem is YZe has amplified the problem bc he never dropped any of them and admitted he’s never yelled at them. He’s still covering for them in press conferences. As I said last night it’s the worst performance I’ve seen by a Richmond team in my 51years. I’ve seen bigger losses , but those Tigers still fought hard for the jumper , but just were not good enough.
Your memories just fading ti there’s been plenty as bad and worse ,,,,and you know it. It was s**t that’s for sure and bloody disappointing so many unforced errors from senior players ,,,,,Pat on back to Dan rioli was still busting a gut to final siren dashing thru the middle , could have put cue in rack like the rest

Gee where do start after doggies game, this is professional industry so why did so many tigers slip over compared to doggies, we were under sized in back line so why not move Bolta down back, when going into attack why go in high up forward surely change it up smaller along ground into space mix it up.

The coaching, medicos and physio all to be looked at, are our injuries bad luck or poor management?
Not sure how long honey period can go on for but accountability at all levels is required

I sent you the article in his thread as there’s a paywall. It’s fact Balme can’t stand the bloke.

Only references to Yze and the process in the article.

Balme 10.png
-------------------------------
Balme 2.png

View attachment 1987400
Robbo is right. I'd never say that about Dusty but he has every right to.
The first part is what a lot of us have been saying in here when it comes to the older players. They've been horrible spare a couple.
Honestly I don't think Dusty has ever really done the defensive stuff, certainly not over the 7-8 years, but that hasn't been his roll.
I'd add to that he doesn't have the pace to chase down players, never really has.
That was all fine when we had Cotch and others doing the hard work and we were winning games, now they are gone and he's a senior leader it looks terrible.
Now if the media (and fans) start to lay into him, I think he will just get up and walk away

Gee where do start after doggies game, this is professional industry so why did so many tigers slip over compared to doggies, we were under sized in back line so why not move Bolta down back, when going into attack why go in high up forward surely change it up smaller along ground into space mix it up.

The coaching, medicos and physio all to be looked at, are our injuries bad luck or poor management?
Not sure how long honey period can go on for but accountability at all levels is required
Yze said when he came on board he doesn't want to move players around, he wants them to know their position and role.
They see Balta as a forward and he is still learning that, as are the young defenders we have.
You can learn more from sticking to things than chopping and changing.
We aren't making finals so no point moving the deck chairs to paper over the cracks and stop a few goals at the expense of players getting experienced in thier proper position.
Thay said, being pummelled every week is good for them either.

Honestly I don't think Dusty has ever really done the defensive stuff, certainly not over the 7-8 years, but that hasn't been his roll.
I'd add to that he doesn't have the pace to chase down players, never really has.
That was all fine when we had Cotch and others doing the hard work and we were winning games, now they are gone and he's a senior leader it looks terrible.
Now if the media (and fans) start to lay into him, I think he will just get up and walk away
He was a bit over the top with Dusty, but I think the disease is in Nankervis and the rest as everyone knows Dusty is Dusty.
Just has to retire now as you say bc as he diminishes and the team diminishes as well he’ll be under the microscope more.

Trezise won’t bc of concussion I reckon.
Coulthard needs to do more.
The rest yes with possibly Ryan.
McAulif laid 10 tackles and kicked 2 goals. Steely Green laid 10 tackles and kicked a goal. What didn’t we do on the weekend? Lay tackles and kick goals. Green and McAulif have to play this week.

McAulif laid 10 tackles and kicked 2 goals. Steely Green laid 10 tackles and kicked a goal. What didn’t we do on the weekend? Lay tackles and kick goals. Green and McAulif have to play this week.
I said the rest yes which were kmac2 and Bauer.
Green did a couple of undisciplined things in my books , but you’re probably right if you weigh up the undisciplined acts witnessed last night.
Tackling is a joke in the Seniors.

I said the rest yes which were kmac2 and Bauer.
Green did a couple of undisciplined things in my books , but you’re probably right if you weigh up the undisciplined acts witnessed last night.
Tackling is a joke in the Seniors.
We prefer slipping over , actually pretty good at it

I was really disappointed with Nank's game. It's no secret that I haven't been a fan of his for a while now. It's nothing against him as I was a big proponent of his recruitment.
He just seems to have these extensive patches where he is just unable to compete physically which is/was his main asset.
English made him look second rate, it was straight up embarrassing. There's rumors floating around of an impending contract extension for two years. That, IMO, would be a huge mistake.

I copped a lot of feedback last year when I said he should have been traded instead of Soldo. I'm not saying I was right or wrong, but we need to pick up a ruckman who can actually compete for a season. Not just a third of it.

it worked for Dusty when we had Lambert & Shedda how picked up the defensive part for him..
Lambert was the main one who sacrificed for the betterment of Dusty shining

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yze said when he came on board he doesn't want to move players around, he wants them to know their position and role.
They see Balta as a forward and he is still learning that, as are the young defenders we have.
You can learn more from sticking to things than chopping and changing.
We aren't making finals so no point moving the deck chairs to paper over the cracks and stop a few goals at the expense of players getting experienced in thier proper position.
Thay said, being pummelled every week is good for them either.
Well this is very concerning, play players to there strengths as Bolta is not a forward it’s simple he lacks forward craft smarts far better player down back let the forwards lead him to the ball let’s not waist 2;3 possible 4 years only to concede this to be the fact.

I was at the VFL today, McCauliffe was really impressive. I’m not sure how much you could tell from the telecast but he worked so hard he was cramping and needed to come to the bench for treatment several times in the last quarter. I was worried about an injury at one point, but I think he just worked himself into the ground. Once the siren went he was struggling to walk from exertion - really pushed himself.

All that said, the kid is 19. We can’t expect too much at the next level with the lack of other support around him. Which brings me to something I’d like to see tried to help our young mids. We’re getting smashed in the middle, our starting mids should really be in the 2nd or 3rd mid rotation, I’d like to see some more physical support for them. I’d like to see Lufau and KMac alternate in playing midfield minutes. To try to give some protection, strength and mongrel around the ball. KMac actually played some minutes in the midfield last half of the VFL. He was physical.

Also to mention, cause I’m sure this would not be picked up on TV, late in the 3rd KMac was deep in the forwardline, the ball was switched and he sprinted the length of the ground at full pace to pick up a dangerous player further a field. 120+ meters, flatout. Why not try midfield rotation?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He was a bit over the top with Dusty, but I think the disease is in Nankervis and the rest as everyone knows Dusty is Dusty.
Just has to retire now as you say bc as he diminishes and the team diminishes as well he’ll be under the microscope more.
I'd also say Nank is Nank and not much has changed. Always given away frees and done stupid stuff, just looks even worse now he's captain.
Is his effort down, maybe, could be playing injured too, they never tell you that, usually not until end of season and then it makes sense why the output was down.
Short, (I know where you stand on him) is the worry. As you have said , should be traded while he has value, but as a vice captain would they do that? Will be interesting to see at seasons end.

Well this is very concerning, play players to there strengths as Bolta is not a forward it’s simple he lacks forward craft smarts far better player down back let the forwards lead him to the ball let’s not waist 2;3 possible 4 years only to concede this to be the fact.
Maybe, or maybe we have waisted 3-4 years with him in the back line instead of learning the forward craft?

Short, (I know where you stand on him) is the worry. As you have said , should be traded while he has value, but as a vice captain would they do that? Will be interesting to see at seasons end.
He is a real worry. Especially as I fully expect him to remain at the club. So many of his kicks now are 15-20 metre sideways passes that do nothing but beef up his stats. The distance and accuracy in his kicking hasn't been a genuine weapon for at least 3 years now, except for the rare long goal.

Right now I would take a decent pick for him. His defensive game is almost non-existent, which is a problem as he's playing in the backline. Play him on a wing, play him at half forward, but just get him out of the back half.

He is a real worry. Especially as I fully expect him to remain at the club. So many of his kicks now are 15-20 metre sideways passes that do nothing but beef up his stats. The distance and accuracy in his kicking hasn't been a genuine weapon for at least 3 years now, except for the rare long goal.

Right now I would take a decent pick for him. His defensive game is almost non-existent.
To be fair his defensive game was always pretty crap, but you could forgive that with his ball use off the hb line. Now that's in question his defensive output is a bigger issue

Maybe, or maybe we have waisted 3-4 years with him in the back line instead of learning the forward craft?
The only thing with that is most good forwards - big or small - have a natural feel for it. Balta doesn't seem to. He's proven to be a good key defender though. I realise with the injuries and retirements and recruiting decisions we have a very bare cupboard when it comes to key forwards, but I just don't see it working.

I hope I'm wrong.

I was at the VFL today, McCauliffe was really impressive. I’m not sure how much you could tell from the telecast but he worked so hard he was cramping and needed to come to the bench for treatment several times in the last quarter. I was worried about an injury at one point, but I think he just worked himself into the ground. Once the siren went he was struggling to walk from exertion - really pushed himself.

All that said, the kid is 19. We can’t expect too much at the next level with the lack of other support around him. Which brings me to something I’d like to see tried to help our young mids. We’re getting smashed in the middle, our starting mids should really be in the 2nd or 3rd mid rotation, I’d like to see some more physical support for them. I’d like to see Lufau and KMac alternate in playing midfield minutes. To try to give some protection, strength and mongrel around the ball. KMac actually played some minutes in the midfield last half of the VFL. He was physical.

Also to mention, cause I’m sure this would not be picked up on TV, late in the 3rd KMac was deep in the forwardline, the ball was switched and he sprinted the length of the ground at full pace to pick up a dangerous player further a field. 120+ meters, flatout. Why not try midfield rotation?

I've never questioned Maccas commitment and output, but I've now got in the past basket, we need to be looking to the future.
Only way he should be playing seniors now is as a last man standing (which we are getting damn close to at this point!)

Remember Morro as a player , khamakazi tackling machine , not suprised players in vgl okaying under him do the same

The only thing with that is most good forwards - big or small - have a natural feel for it. Balta doesn't seem to. He's proven to be a good key defender though. I realise with the injuries and retirements and recruiting decisions we have a very bare cupboard when it comes to key forwards, but I just don't see it working.

I hope I'm wrong.
As the number 2 I don't mind him up forward, he then can provide the target down the line. I see him more of that high chf with a better forward in the ff position.
At least it eliminates those brain facts he has in the back line that cost us 1 or 2 goals a game.
I think he can provide a real spark up forward, but yes, not a natural and a lot of improvement to be found in his forward craft.

I've never questioned Maccas commitment and output, but I've now got in the past basket, we need to be looking to the future.
Only way he should be playing seniors now is as a last man standing (which we are getting damn close to at this point!)

Yeah, agree. I’m just trying to think of how to ease the transition to the young guys, and be practical with who we have out (TT, Hopper, Ross, until this week, Prestia). Not trying to make the (long term) case for a new KMac role.

Watched the game high in the stands on the wing and the thing that clearly stood out last night was structure. Bulldogs drilled with defensive mids who could launch from half back with simple handball chains and overloads. Well positioned, communicating and spaced out. We were a rabble. I get we’ve got young inexperienced players, but structurally we were nowhere - and that is coaching and system. How easily they went from one end of the ground to the other repeatedly with zero sign of correction during the night is an indictment on the coaches. It was as clear as dogsballs watching it unfold repeatedly. And our players - especially the experienced midfielders - just seem to have forgotten how we were successful in the past. A few people in the team need to sacrifice their game for defensive structure - but no one was prepared to do it. It was a mess.

Back