Autopsy Rnd 9 v Essendon @ Punt Road - 31 May, Sat, 2:00 PM - Jack Dyer Stand Open

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack dyer stand is great. Nice atmosphere and vantage point. Have a few photos will upload tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
not the best quality pics but hope you guys get the idea. Awesome to have our own 2's and own ground. JD stand rocks!

jds1_zpsffd04052.jpg

jds2_zps25d28664.jpg

Goal kickers?
Bests?

Please....
I was only there for last half, so others may counter my opinion based on 1st half, but from what i saw:

Orren S: was way too good. Lots of marks, just too big and strong.
Vickery: quiet in 3rd but strong 4th quarter. A fair number of marks and used it ok/well;
Ricky P: was dominant. Way above this league, apart from ....drum roll .....disposal. A few nasty skill errors by foot, but brilliant otherwise
Helbig: actually did some nice things very deep in defense
Miles: good.
Batch: Quite and what he did do was hap hazard. Looks a bit out of condition to me.
Arnot: Solid. Did some nice things.
Edwards A: Usual stuff. Plenty of nice things and some marks. Missed a few shots. one close range goal in the 3rd he snagged the ball cleared the net and pretty sure bounced on punt road! (they may need to look at that)
O'Hanlon: quiet, but i wasn't taking heaps of notice

Others more quite or not really standing out.

Goal totals i'll let others comment on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Were you the one dressed as the mascot practically :p?

no. was actually wondering myself who some of the BF folk may be, but in my case, certain not the mascot. In fact, quite understated. Club hoodie, that'd about it.

no. was actually wondering myself who some of the BF folk may be, but in my case, certain not the mascot. In fact, quite understated. Club hoodie, that'd about it.
Same here, club hoodie. You would've seen the guy though, hair and jacket and leg earners and the whole shebang - it was an impressive effort.

One random thought i did have today while at the game, and i thought i'd post the idea here to gauge this idea for lameness or otherwise.....

So, I've been trying to think for a while about how Tommy Hafey may be best honoured. Of course we've all heard the make a statue and other ideas which have great merit. However I"ve been trying to think of something more left field to bestow a RFC treasure. .....so we have the Jack Dyer stand, which is an icon structure named after a legend of the club. The stand itself is essentially broken into 2 bays with the coaches boxes (and other admin) separating the two bays (essentially it is divided into 3rds). I was thinking perhaps we could always have this known as the Jack Dyer stand, but what about if the 2 bays were named after 2 other RFC icons? So today I"m sitting in the punt road end bay. What if this bay was known as the Tommy Hafey bay (or flank)? I may have been in the Jack Dyer stand, Tommy Hafey flank. Perhaps the city side flank is the Kevin Bartlett flank or Richo flank?

....anyway, an idea i had. As i say, testing the idea here for lameness.

Walking back to 'G in a few minutes for the main game. Go TIGES!!!!!!

I know this probably a bit off course but I thought former Melbourne player Aaron Davey was playing for Richmond in the VFL? See link below:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...ss-to-heidelberg/story-fngnvocb-1226930740340

Has Aaron played any VFL games for Richmond this season? Not sure which is why I'm asking. Why is he playing for another team as the article suggests when he is aligned to Richmond VFL. The article says he is aligned to West Preston Lakeside (what comp is that - not sure?)

Also see link below, when Aaron was first interviewed upon his arrival to Tigerland and that he was going to play with the Richmond VFL team and also do some coaching as well as a mentoring role for the indigenous players. Bear in mind the link below - the interview was done December 3, 2013.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2013-12-03/vfl-introduction-aaron-davey

Cheers.

Last edited:
I know this probably a bit off course but I thought former Melbourne player Aaron Davey was playing for Richmond in the VFL? See link below:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...ss-to-heidelberg/story-fngnvocb-1226930740340

Has Aaron played any VFL games for Richmond this season? Not sure which is why I'm asking. Why is he playing for another team as the article suggests when he is aligned to Richmond VFL. The article says he is aligned to West Preston Lakeside (what comp is that - not sure?)

Also see link below, when Aaron was first interviewed upon his arrival to Tigerland and that he was going to play with the Richmond VFL team and also do some coaching as well as a mentoring role for the indigenous players. Bear in mind the link below - the interview was done December 3, 2013.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2013-12-03/vfl-introduction-aaron-davey

Cheers.
Came back through the Northern League last week at West Preston. Was unavailable this week. Would imagine he'd be a chance next week.

Our top up players need a club to play for when we don't need them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back