Autopsy Rnd 9 v Essendon @ Punt Road - 31 May, Sat, 2:00 PM - Jack Dyer Stand Open

Remove this Banner Ad

One random thought i did have today while at the game, and i thought i'd post the idea here to gauge this idea for lameness or otherwise.....

So, I've been trying to think for a while about how Tommy Hafey may be best honoured. Of course we've all heard the make a statue and other ideas which have great merit. However I"ve been trying to think of something more left field to bestow a RFC treasure. .....so we have the Jack Dyer stand, which is an icon structure named after a legend of the club. The stand itself is essentially broken into 2 bays with the coaches boxes (and other admin) separating the two bays (essentially it is divided into 3rds). I was thinking perhaps we could always have this known as the Jack Dyer stand, but what about if the 2 bays were named after 2 other RFC icons? So today I"m sitting in the punt road end bay. What if this bay was known as the Tommy Hafey bay (or flank)? I may have been in the Jack Dyer stand, Tommy Hafey flank. Perhaps the city side flank is the Kevin Bartlett flank or Richo flank?

....anyway, an idea i had. As i say, testing the idea here for lameness.

Walking back to 'G in a few minutes for the main game. Go TIGES!!!!!!

Nah, Tommy needs a statue like Kennedy at Hawthorn. Needs to be where the players walk out of the gym on to the oval. So they remember who they let down for the rest of their miserable careers.

Sorry for the intrusion guys, just wanting to see what your opinion is of Brett O'Hanlon? Watched him play alot of junior football and always looked like he had lots of potential. Is he a chance to come into the line up this year?

He will be a chance at some stage this year...........the way were going. Might even come into calculation this week, having been consistent for the majority of the year gathering around 20 disposals each week.

Sorry for the intrusion guys, just wanting to see what your opinion is of Brett O'Hanlon? Watched him play alot of junior football and always looked like he had lots of potential. Is he a chance to come into the line up this year?
Go the tigs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back