Riverina Football League-2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeh mate your right , takes
Mango to a new level and him along with sanbrook and Casey throws mango right in the mix
Being new to following the rfl who would be the top players from each team interested to find out the opinions of people on this thread

Being new to following the rfl who would be the top players from each team interested to find out the opinions of people on this thread
Coolamon: Jamie Maddox and Lew Roberts
Gullie: Chris Gordon and Brad Aiken
GGGM: Jayden Kotzur and Curtis Steele
Mango: Mitch Daniher and Col Sanbrook
Tigers: Matt Rava
Narrandera: Damon Burden and Phil Aumann
Griffith: Mick Duncan and Guy Orton
Turvey: Chris Cerato
Leeton: Ben Curley

Just my opinion of what I've seen in the last couple of seasons.

Coolamon: Jamie Maddox and Lew Roberts
Gullie: Chris Gordon and Brad Aiken
GGGM: Jayden Kotzur and Curtis Steele
Mango: Mitch Daniher and Col Sanbrook
Tigers: Matt Rava
Narrandera: Damon Burden and Phil Aumann
Griffith: Mick Duncan and Guy Orton
Turvey: Chris Cerato
Leeton: Ben Curley

Just my opinion of what I've seen in the last couple of seasons.
What's the news on the wagga teams who's the pick? Turvey have struggled for a couple years will tigers be there abouts? I seen collingullie lost quite a few will they struggle?

What's narranderas feeling? Easily accounted for by the Jets then thump the rock (both FFL clubs). Or does that say more about those teams shaping up for their competition. Either way surely a nice confidence boost for narrandera to do that to the rock who were runners up last year and have been strong for a number of years now.

What's narranderas feeling? Easily accounted for by the Jets then thump the rock (both FFL clubs). Or does that say more about those teams shaping up for their competition. Either way surely a nice confidence boost for narrandera to do that to the rock who were runners up last year and have been strong for a number of years now.
The Rock have lost a few while a few so not sure how they will go this year.
What's the news on the wagga teams who's the pick? Turvey have struggled for a couple years will tigers be there abouts? I seen collingullie lost quite a few will they struggle?
Turvey to improve this year with a few pickups, Grintell is a goal kicking machine and Brooks was a quality junior returning. Need a few more to step up under Billy Cerato if they are too challenge.
Tigers have lost a few quality players. They have some good ins but whether they can cover the quality losses of Kew & Power etc remains to be seen. Flanagin and Shepherd have both had stellar seasons past two years, if they can jump up to A graders Tigers will challenge.
Gullie big losses with Curtis Allen and Geppert and Absolum leaving. Aiken getting older. Didn't bring in much this year. A team with the best player and best coach (Gordon and Lenon) in the league can never be discounted. Not sure how this Daniel Frawley goes?

The more I hear about Mango recruits the more I like them for the flag - especially with Daniher now. Two horse race with Coolamon I reckon.

I k

Turvey to improve this year with a few pickups, Grintell is a goal kicking machine and Brooks was a quality junior returning. Need a few more to step up under Billy Cerato if they are too challenge.
Tigers have lost a few quality players. They have some good ins but whether they can cover the quality losses of Kew & Power etc remains to be seen. Flanagin and Shepherd have both had stellar seasons past two years, if they can jump up to A graders Tigers will challenge.
Gullie big losses with Curtis Allen and Geppert and Absolum leaving. Aiken getting older. Didn't bring in much this year. A team with the best player and best coach (Gordon and Lenon) in the league can never be discounted. Not sure how this Daniel Frawley goes?

The more I hear about Mango recruits the more I like them for the flag - especially with Daniher now. Two horse race with Coolamon I reckon.
i know frawley from my time in the o&m he will be hand

turvey park a chance to retain ruckman Evan smith who was earlier linked to Sydney uni in the neafl

Hard from a mate some more signing out at Mango. They will win the flag barring injuries.
Really shows the character of the 3 csu blokes pretty ordinary in my opinion to leave a club in the lurch to chase success I hope mango get a touch up from a few sides

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really shows the character of the 3 csu blokes pretty ordinary in my opinion to leave a club in the lurch to chase success I hope mango get a touch up from a few sides

Understanable given they all came from mango. Balding the only real pickup and he has had well known injury problems, the others will add some depth or play 2s.
Daniher a real pickup, added with the other 3 top liners they have should ensure they finish top 2 with coolamon. Turvey would be really dissapointed he didnt come back to his junior club given they will be finals contenders this year.

The RUA are kidding themselves aren't they. Say clubs may need to supply umpires for 1st grade. The bias umpiring by some club umpires in the 2s is bad enough let alone 1s. Narrandera and Griffith the worse offenders.

What's everyone's predictions for round 1 good feeling around the comp as it should be far more even this year here are mine
Griffith over turvey by 12 points
Mango to beat Griffith 23 points
Leeton over narranderra by 18
Coolamon by 48

What's everyone's predictions for round 1 good feeling around the comp as it should be far more even this year here are mine
Griffith over turvey by 12 points
Mango to beat Gullie 23 points
Leeton over narranderra by 18
Coolamon by 48
Turvey by 3-4 goals
Mango by 8-10 goals
Leeton by 3-4 goals
Coolamon by 8-10 goals

Just looking at the paper today and Les Muir has done a top 25 Group 9 players. There are 3 ex NRL regulars in Joe Williams, Daniel Fitzhenry and Michael Henderson.
In the past we've had ex AFL players play in the Riverina (Carrolls, Danihers etc), but none for a while. This is despite producing current players like Suckling and Cunningham and Bryce Campbell. Yet I struggle to name any regular NRL players being produced by Group 9. Guys like Nick Skinner and even Cam Bruest got close to being regular players but my point stands. Townsend and Williams have also played for GWS.
So why is it Group 9 can get NRL players into their comp but RFL can't get AFL players in. I understand money and location isn't great for the RFL, but how does Group 9 manage to do it? League pundits criticize Albury for buying premierships, meanwhile Southcity have Fitzhenry, Ainscough, Mortimer etc who I bet would be on big money contracts themselves. Where does Group 9 get the $$$ from and can the RFL learn from them?

AFL360 tonight they had captains of defence force teams in. Army side got flogged by 100 points and their captain blamed it on their coach. He mumbled his answer but I reckon he said Glen Noye was the coach. That blokes been on the end of some big beatings!

Turvey by 3-4 goals
Mango by 8-10 goals
Leeton by 3-4 goals
Coolamon by 8-10 goals
Good to have the footy back. Round 1 pretty much as expected.
Coolamon put on a dominant display today. All their guns up and about. Going to be hard to beat this year but Mango had a top win yesterday, although Gullie have a few to come back in. Pretty amazing Daniher only met teammates Thursday night at training. Must be very weird culture out there.
Good for Turvey to get a win up, hopefully they can climb up the ladder this year. All the doom around Narrandera came to fruition, I hear Leeton got two sent off yet still managed to win convincingly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back