Mod. Notice RIP Miggs

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
As per the post over on the Sweet FA board we are sad to report the passing of Swans board member Miggs who lost his battle with cancer recently.

Whilst he hasn't been active in here for a while those who recall will know he left a lasting impression of someone who had very little filter and was just about the funniest poster I've ever met. Miggs and I has some great banter going on his time on the board and I personally am going to miss him horribly.

I was tempted to post this under the Autopsy Thread moniker because I know for a fact Miggs would have found that bloody hilarious but I'm too upset right now to do it. Sorry mate.

In a world with limits Miggs had very few but those limits were always on the way to a laugh. There was never anything vindictive or nasty about his humour, he was just bloody funny and a great guy. He was also a very genuine human being who cared about those around him.

His passing is a sad loss and I know he'll be missed.

A truely great loss to the Swans board. Although he hasn't been around for a while, the thought he won't ever return is very sad. One of the funniest posters I have ever encountered in my time here. RIP mate.

Had to laugh as i went back on our FB exchanges and the views on BF and some were very interesting , he actually got frustrated as he thought it was too strict and that's why he dropped off a bit .
He had zero filter which is what made him such a funny poster but also a bit of a challenge.

I'm still pretty devastated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He had zero filter which is what made him such a funny poster but also a bit of a challenge.

I'm still pretty devastated.
Were you a mod with him , i was going back a few years .
We both were opening bowlers in cricket so we used to talk about that and how good it was to sledge the batsman

Were you a mod with him , i was going back a few years .
We both were opening bowlers in cricket so we used to talk about that and how good it was to sledge the batsman
Not sure if I was a mod back then or not.

Miggs styled himself as the Lothario of the Swans board and i'd tell him how awful he was at it. And don't even get me started on the whole Miggs dungeon conversation we had going.

Not sure if I was a mod back then or not.

Miggs styled himself as the Lothario of the Swans board and i'd tell him how awful he was at it. And don't even get me started on the whole Miggs dungeon conversation we had going.
He was a funny bugger lol.
Thanks to Stat for alerting us to this sad news

Had to laugh as i went back on our FB exchanges and the views on BF and some were very interesting , he actually got frustrated as he thought it was too strict and that's why he dropped off a bit .
And plenty agree with him..RIP Miggs.

This is kick in the guts. Have to admit I gloss over the stickied threads so didn't see this until now.

A reminder we all need that the back and forth that goes on here is all just a bit of fun and there are other things that really matter.
So well said , too many get upset by nothing really

Sorry to hear it! Always sad to hear of a beloved forum member passing away.

It can be quite sobering not knowing what has become of posters when you no longer see them around, especially when they are great contributors. I feared the worst about Grand Uncle Horace last year or so when he went missing for 6 months or so?

Nevertheless, RIP miggs.

Sorry to hear it! Always sad to hear of a beloved forum member passing away.

It can be quite sobering not knowing what has become of posters when you no longer see them around, especially when they are great contributors. I feared the worst about Grand Uncle Horace last year or so when he went missing for 6 months or so?

Nevertheless, RIP miggs.

Aye Ed, RIP Miggs.

This is a difficulty of sm like BF I guess. When folk disappear i do get worried too.

Have asked my fave ex Ms H to let a couple of folk on BF know when I revert to different carbon.

Hope that he runs into Davey Boy Smith and gets the pig power slam. Was off topic but we enjoyed a few chats about the British Bulldogs.

What a shame, may he rest in peace and his family celebrate his life and contribution.

Thinking of those who knew him personally or got to know him here where they called him a friend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back