RIP Maggie Varcoe

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo and Bulldogs, ManU
Maggie Varcoe, sister of Travis has died after a head collision in her footy grand final on the weekend.
A huge loss for the Varcoe family and a very sad week for football

Edit: I've removed the link as it had photos of Maggie and I'm aware that can be an issue when Aboriginal people have died.

Last edited:

Awful news.

Condolences to the whole Varcoe family. What a tough time heading into finals for Travis - gone from being on a high 6 days ago to this sort of proper tragedy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah shit, how bloody awful. Rest In Peace Maggie.

I do really fear an incident to this extent happening at an AFL level. I can’t even imagine how awful it would be, being on live TV and in front of 10s of thousands of spectators. I can’t help but feel it’s just waiting to happen as well.

My Condolences to her family. Hopefully AFL community can wrap there arms around the family.

Ah shit, how bloody awful. Rest In Peace Maggie.

I do really fear an incident to this extent happening at an AFL level. I can’t even imagine how awful it would be, being on live TV and in front of 10s of thousands of spectators. I can’t help but feel it’s just waiting to happen as well.

That's why I cringe when commentators and fans bag players for pulling out of some contests. Rather be alive and well than dead and pleased many for showing "courage"

Incredibly sad for the Varcoes, so young , extremely heartbreaking

Remove this Banner Ad

Back