Rumour Ricky Nixon selling dodgy footballs?

Remove this Banner Ad

The part I never understood about Nixon is why wasn't he and Carey and NMFC all given massive sanctions over the known salary cap breaches in 2000 (essendon too actually). I know there was some question at the time about whether it was technically against the letter of the rules, but when has the AFL ever cared about that? It was pretty undeniably a flagrant salary cap breach that wasn't even hidden and somehow the AFL just allowed it anyway. I don't understand.

Is there any significance to that branded guernsey? I've got no idea why anyone would want it.

Indeed. He's trying to sell it on Facebook to jumper collectors as well. Says it's been valued at over $20,000!
I would value it at maybe $300 due to the signatures and its novelty value.

Not many bigger falls from grace than this bloke. He was like Paul Connors on steroids in the beginning, and was certainly further advanced than Craig Kelly from a purely player management perspective. Incredible now that not only is his career up in flames, but he is an object of derision.

I think he carried himself with massive arrogance for a long, long time
Whenever he speaks, there's always a lot of BS and refusal to take responsibility

I hope he gets the help he needs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The part I never understood about Nixon is why wasn't he and Carey and NMFC all given massive sanctions over the known salary cap breaches in 2000 (essendon too actually). I know there was some question at the time about whether it was technically against the letter of the rules, but when has the AFL ever cared about that? It was pretty undeniably a flagrant salary cap breach that wasn't even hidden and somehow the AFL just allowed it anyway. I don't understand.
I'm pretty sure there was assume kind of amnesty for clubs with salary cap breaches around that time. Also pretty sure that Carlton didn't take it up but had the option.

I'm pretty sure there was assume kind of amnesty for clubs with salary cap breaches around that time. Also pretty sure that Carlton didn't take it up but had the option.
No. I don't mean why aren't they sanctioned now. At the time, back in 2000, the AFL caught Nixon and the NMFC and not only were they not sanctioned, they weren't even stopped from doing the cap tampering. (As did essendon). I genuinely don't understand how it is possible that what happened actually happened. Did the AFL just decide tampering was OK that year? If so, why weren't other clubs told? The whole thing just doesn't make sense.

Sorry, I don't understand the Carlton reference you are making.

Be that as it may …

… footage of someone having a welfare check done on them, and them being in a state where they are admitted to hospital has no place on a news service in a civilised society.
Not so sure about that 76WS. Some people need to be exposed. Ricky Nixon is a drug addict who hasn't bottomed out. Until he does, he will continue to cause havoc to himself and those around him. He is a public figure, makes his living out of doing so and thus does not warrant the normal protection of your average Sue Blow.

He is better than anyone at moving on and acting as if nothing is wrong. He will blow off a bit of steam today and then be back to normal tomorrow or the next day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back