Richmond Player Contract Statuses

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which was what, his 1st or 2nd year with a clear defined role and an opportunity to play more than 1 or 2 games before being dropped? I can see where you are coming from but I think a two year deal isn't too much to ask, the clause would work too I suppose.

A one year contract offer doesn't have to mean the club only wants him around for one more year. Tucky played out the end of his career on one year contracts quite happily. If Knights gets back to fitness next season Whitey may have some stiff competition for his spot! Would match a two year offer if that was a sticking point for him, but would start with a one year deal :thumbsu:

I love Matty White, but lets be honest, he had a breakout year in his 8th(?) year of senior footy. If I was Dan Richardson I'd be offering him 1 year with clauses to trigger a second (if he plays 15 games or something).
A trigger that says "if" we pick you 15 times next year, you'll get a second year. Wouldn't trust them based on last year, when in the bests for Coburg he never got a look in until later in the year, particularly if some of the whispers are true re other clubs offers. As much as he's a Tiger, he also needs job security at least for the next couple of years or so. They signed Axel for 3 this year and White's better value IMO.

A trigger that says "if" we pick you 15 times next year, you'll get a second year. Wouldn't trust them based on last year, when in the bests for Coburg he never got a look in until later in the year, particularly if some of the whispers are true re other clubs offers. As much as he's a Tiger, he also needs job security at least for the next couple of years or so. They signed Axel for 3 this year and White's better value IMO.
Can't quite believe it but I have to agree!

Yes it took him 8 years to have a breakout season, but he now knows what it takes and what he has to do. If he was not injured he would have played in that elimination final which shows he is now a required player. His pace is a real weapon that we can't afford to lose. We should honour true tigers, give him a 2 year deal!!

Agree with the people calling for White to get a 2 year deal - wouldn't mind 3 as he is one of my faves but 2 is probably safer.

With their being some reports Azza will be a sort of mentor for Martin (if he stays), we would need to offer Azza another year wouldn't we? I think he only signed a 1 year deal. Would probably say his late season form might justify a new deal.

I wonder that would then mean for McGuane and he and Azza essentially play for the same spot in the side? Would McGuane be tempted to look elsewhere where he might be guaranteed a best 22 spot?

Agree with the people calling for White to get a 2 year deal - wouldn't mind 3 as he is one of my faves but 2 is probably safer.

With their being some reports Azza will be a sort of mentor for Martin (if he stays), we would need to offer Azza another year wouldn't we? I think he only signed a 1 year deal. Would probably say his late season form might justify a new deal.

I wonder that would then mean for McGuane and he and Azza essentially play for the same spot in the side? Would McGuane be tempted to look elsewhere where he might be guaranteed a best 22 spot?

Just because Azza will be some sort of mentor to Martin next year. Won't guarantee him a spot in the team over Mguane or anyone else because the mentoring role is outside of footy not on the field. It won't determine who gets picked, personally I believe Mcbean will put on some muscle over the preseason and over take them both. So MGuane may became part of a deal for Billy longer if we go after him seeings Brisbane were very intreasted in him last year and have indicated some intreast this year. While Azza is worth nothing because we picked him up for scraps last year which will see him stay over Mguane through Mguane being worth something in a trade.

Just because Azza will be some sort of mentor to Martin next year. Won't guarantee him a spot in the team over Mguane or anyone else because the mentoring role is outside of footy not on the field. It won't determine who gets picked, personally I believe Mcbean will put on some muscle over the preseason and over take them both. So MGuane may became part of a deal for Billy longer if we go after him seeings Brisbane were very intreasted in him last year and have indicated some intreast this year. While Azza is worth nothing because we picked him up for scraps last year which will see him stay over Mguane through Mguane being worth something in a trade.

Fair point Deanos - I was actually trying to say that with Azza looking like he will be some kind of off field mentor for Dusty, will the club give Azza another year? I think he only had a 1 year deal to start with and I can't recall him getting a new contract from the club. I hope McBean takes the third tall position as well but I'm sure the club will keep one of McGuane or Azza (possibly both) as a back up.

Also on McGuane, I'm fairly sure he is a unrestricted free agent so could move to Brisbane (hypothetically) for nothing in return.

Fair point Deanos - I was actually trying to say that with Azza looking like he will be some kind of off field mentor for Dusty, will the club give Azza another year? I think he only had a 1 year deal to start with and I can't recall him getting a new contract from the club. I hope McBean takes the third tall position as well but I'm sure the club will keep one of McGuane or Azza (possibly both) as a back up.

Also on McGuane, I'm fairly sure he is a unrestricted free agent so could move to Brisbane (hypothetically) for nothing in return.

Yeah he could actually I thought he re-signed early in the year but in that case probably worth re-signing him and giving Mcbean, Griffths and elton another year or two to mature.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Matty White contracted for next year and beyond? He seems to be getting a bit of interest from other clubs. Port and Pies I've read. He won our most improved player award last night so surely the club would reward him with a new deal?

With Martin signing, is any one aware of the position that we are left in? (positive rather than negative). i.e. now that D richardson has played hard ball and won, what is the flow on the FJ and his team? Are we enabled to be active in the FA trade window?

AFL Trade Web page...

As it emerged that unrestricted free agent Matt White would seek a move from Richmond to Port Adelaide, Tiger Luke McGuane's future was unclear.

It is believed McGuane wants to remain a Tiger but is yet to be offered a new deal with both parties content to wait and see what transpires in the next month.

Goalkicker Aaron Edwards is also out of contract, with the Tigers seemingly in no hurry to re-sign the 29-year-old.

Is Matty White contracted for next year and beyond? He seems to be getting a bit of interest from other clubs. Port and Pies I've read. He won our most improved player award last night so surely the club would reward him with a new deal?
Matt white 100% gone to port 3 year deal...that's his reward for winning the most improved :(

Matt white 100% gone to port 3 year deal...that's his reward for winning the most improved :(

Yeah saw that one yesterday, very sad and IMO doesn't show a good example to the playing group when the most improved player at the club decides to leave for better opportunities. Not White's fault, he has to look for security and at the end of the day, it's his profession but still sad to see a guy who bleeds yellow and black leave.

Keep hoping we come in at the last moment with an improved deal - i.e 2 or 3 years and keep him but looks 99.9% like he is gone sadly

Yeah saw that one yesterday, very sad and IMO doesn't show a good example to the playing group when the most improved player at the club decides to leave for better opportunities. Not White's fault, he has to look for security and at the end of the day, it's his profession but still sad to see a guy who bleeds yellow and black leave.

Keep hoping we come in at the last moment with an improved deal - i.e 2 or 3 years and keep him but looks 99.9% like he is gone sadly

I heard Dimma was asked at the JDM about Matt White's situation and while he did not expressly state Matt White was leaving he left the person he spoke to in no doubt that we had offered our best possible deal to him.

I heard Dimma was asked at the JDM about Matt White's situation and while he did not expressly state Matt White was leaving he left the person he spoke to in no doubt that we had offered our best possible deal to him.

Sounds like we won't be upping our offer then I guess.

Did anyone hear about Nahas apparently telling some fans wanting autographs to f*** off? Read that somewhere but not sure if that's true. He always seemed like a pretty friendly bloke.

Yeah and what makes things worse is that the Dusty drama, well he was just looking out for the best opportunities for himself, who knows if he didn't perform the way we expected well we might have pissed him of to Adelaide as well ... We carry on about things like commitment and sticking fat... but yet a true Richmond heart, and one of our most improved tiger players and supporter from forever, ends his career at some other club. Matty is a hard working lover of our club and bleeds it, and worked his ass off over the years, not a super star but bleeds the colours. I'm confused...

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Venting... RFC we should be rewarding guys like Matt, otherwise stop carrying on about guys like Dusty..

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Aaron Edwards, Jake Batchelor, Ben Griffiths and Todd Elton all signed one year deals.
Richmond has confirmed the re-signing of four players – forward Aaron Edwards, defender Jake Batchelor, and tall, key-position pair Ben Griffiths and Todd Elton.
The four have all signed one-year deals with the Club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back