Richmond 2017-20 v Hawthorn 2012-15

Which side was stronger and had the better period of dominance?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn. Easily.

But.. I don't think the Tigers are done yet
They would have to win another soon just to get close as Hawks have 08 to tack onto their three too.

The years are out too. We should be comparing 4 years with 4 years. 2012-15 & 2017-20. Therefore 3 flags in a row, 1 GF loss to 3 flags not consecutive, 1 Prelim loss.

Indisputable winner is the Hawks.

The Tigers getting torn apart by Mason Cox is also a massive exclamation point.

They would have to win another soon just to get close as Hawks have 08 to tack onto their three too.

The years are out too. We should be comparing 4 years with 4 years. 2012-15 & 2017-20. Therefore 3 flags in a row, 1 GF loss to 3 flags not consecutive, 1 Prelim loss.

He stopped us from 4 in a row. Think about that.

2018 was not our best team despite what people say, we were essentially injury free up until the 2018 prelim. Getting lynch changed the whole dynamic going into 2019, we had massive amounts of injuries for half of the year and still managed equal most wins as the minor premiers, only got 3rd on %.

You can say Hawks could beat 17/18 Richmond but 19/20 is on another level as Lethal said. That’s what is actually indisputable.

Also the biggest exclamation mark is us beating them with a shit team in their prime as people have mentioned. It’s either nostalgia, Richmond hate or denial that’s making people choose Hawks over us. Hawks could not beat us back then which was PROVEN or now fact. The end.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

2018 was not our best team despite what people say, we were essentially injury free up until the 2018 prelim. Getting lynch changed the whole dynamic going into 2019, we had massive amounts of injuries for half of the year and still managed equal most wins as the minor premiers, only got 3rd on %.

You can say Hawks could beat 17/18 Richmond but 19/20 is on another level as Lethal said. That’s what is actually indisputable.

Also the biggest exclamation mark is us beating them with a s**t team in their prime as people have mentioned. It’s either nostalgia, Richmond hate or denial that’s making people choose Hawks over us. Hawks could not beat us back then which was PROVEN or now fact. The end.

No, I’m just going off results. Simple.

Three in a row is harder than 3/4. 1 more GF appearance too.

Brisbane v Hawthorn Dynasty is where the comparison gets harder.

So would the 1920s 4peat team beat everybody then?

I know, I bet you think about it all the time. Mason Cox!
Ahhhh, 3 flags in 4 years. I’ll let you ponder about whether we think about Mason Cox or 3 flags. The floor is yours. Have a guess…..

Coming from a person who supports a team which has won nothing in its entirety. Go on, tell us more about success…..

I like the part where Richmond fans refuse to consider that maybe the reason they beat Hawthorn in our dominant years is because our players didn’t respect them, rather than some out of this world gameplan that they could only ever put together against the Hawks.
You could have a point but for 1 thing

After getting their asses handed to them im not sure Clarko & Hodgey would have allowed this to continuously occur
But now the shoe is on the other foot and Richmond players dont respect the Hawks maybe you can back the hawks for a win in 2023

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not to me but I don’t count anything pre AFL era as much as I count state league flags.

Less teams = Easier

Good you mentioned less teams. So that means at worst Richmond are the second best team in AFL history because us and hawks all won our flags with an 18 team comp. I’ll take that

When you have to resort to statements like that after your own 35 year drought, you’ve lost.
Richmond were wooden spooners in 04 and 07. What are a great club. 🤦

Good you mentioned less teams. So that means at worst Richmond are the second best team in AFL history because us and hawks all won our flags with an 18 team comp. I’ll take that
Aaaaaaaand the desperate grasp at any straw for just a hope of validation continues.

Season 4 Friendship GIF by The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

Aaaaaaaand the desperate grasp at any straw for just a hope of validation continues.

Season 4 Friendship GIF by The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

I’m actually on your side here lol. I don’t agree consecutive flags or number of teams mean anything, that’s what I was pointing out sarcastically. 🤦‍♂️

Without Cox we wouldn't have got Dom Sheed. So if you really think about it we did get 4 in a row, we all won in '18.

Back