Multiplat Resident Evil 3 Remake

Remove this Banner Ad

Finished it today. I really liked it - not as much as RE2 remake but still a great deal.

I never played the original so I come to this game from a different perspective. But I felt the game had good locations, very solid action, great performances and cinematics. A thoroughly enjoyable game from start-to-finish.

Finished it today. I really liked it - not as much as RE2 remake but still a great deal.

I never played the original so I come to this game from a different perspective. But I felt the game had good locations, very solid action, great performances and cinematics. A thoroughly enjoyable game from start-to-finish.

Now Capcom need to remake Code Veronica but in saying that there a rumours of RE4 getting remade.

Smashed a good chunk of this last night. Up to the hospital now. I will try to finish this tonight/tomorrow night. Loving every minute of it. But as mentioned RE2 was heaps better.

The original RE3 is my favourite game outside of the GTA franchise, so when I heard they were recreating this, I had to get a copy.

Fair to say, I definitely wasn't disappointed. Awesome actions sequences, and a level of difficulty that made it challenging without making it impossible. Best part was they changed up the opening, leaving old fans like myself guessing and it thrust you into the action with Nemesis from the get go. Super fun! The only possible downside was it was a rather short game; which saw them chop down a couple of the Nemesis boss battles from the original, as he takes a couple more forms from memory.

Overall, I highly recommend it!

8/10

Finished last night. Another 3 hour session which is rare for me these days.
6 hours of total play time. Really enjoyed it.

RE2 still takes the cake :)

Yeah, a little disappointed if they skip over CV. It's the one game in the series I haven't played and I think it would benefit more than RE4 from a remake.

Everyone seems to be in this boat except Capcom

loved CV back in the day fu** god damn was it hard! Was a bit like the original where you had to make every bit of Ammo count or you had to start over.
haha it wasnt a bad game. You cant afford to wast handgun bullets. At least Zombies can be taken down with a knife

Finished RE3 Remake today (RE2 I finished yesterday). Love. Love. Loved these games.

I liked how RE 2 and RE 3 were seemingly being set simultaneously with the way they showed the player in RE 3 exactly how Marvin become infected. Makes me think RE3 was set a little bit earlier than RE2 but the order of playing doesn’t really matter.

This wasn’t my first foray into RE as I played RE (original) and 7: Biohazard through PS Plus and couldn’t get into either of them. Old/clunkier games that I just couldn’t get into but I knew I would enjoy these remakes and I did. I will eventually get RE4 when it goes back on sale (deluxe version was $57 on the PS Store a few days ago but I didn’t jump on it). I hope Capcom does more remakes of these games (RE1 hopefully).

This wasn’t my first foray into RE as I played RE (original) and 7: Biohazard through PS Plus and couldn’t get into either of them. Old/clunkier games that I just couldn’t get into but I knew I would enjoy these remakes and I did. I will eventually get RE4 when it goes back on sale (deluxe version was $57 on the PS Store a few days ago but I didn’t jump on it). I hope Capcom does more remakes of these games (RE1 hopefully).

7 came out in 2017 and it uses the same engine as all of the new games 😅

(Log in to remove this ad.)

7 came out in 2017 and it uses the same engine as all of the new games 😅

Yeah, I probably said that wrong. It’s more that I just didn’t enjoy 7 like I did the 2 and 3 remakes. Creepy family in the house was too creepy lol.

Yeah, I probably said that wrong. It’s more that I just didn’t enjoy 7 like I did the 2 and 3 remakes. Creepy family in the house was too creepy lol.

That's fair, 7 is easily the scariest of the series IMO.

Also probably the best (though RE4/Remake challenges it), so if you ever strike up the courage I'd recommend giving it another go.

Also probably the best (though RE4/Remake challenges it), so if you ever strike up the courage I'd recommend giving it another go.

Well, I did it. :p

Started yesterday and just finished 7. Yeah, it had its jump scares and all but it wasn’t actually that bad tbh. Once you leave the old house, so around halfway, the game pretty much turns into an action game for the most part. The game pretty much has two enemies, the family and the molded (and those can be killed with the knife). It was a fun game.

The original probably pushes 7 if you take into account the graphics (or lack of in the original compared to 7) when it comes to 'scary'.
Back in the day of when it was released the original was a very scary game.

7 would also arguably be the best in the series if not for the third act, which was a completely different game.

Started yesterday and just finished 7. Yeah, it had its jump scares and all but it wasn’t actually that bad tbh. Once you leave the old house, so around halfway, the game pretty much turns into an action game for the most part. The game pretty much has two enemies, the family and the molded (and those can be killed with the knife). It was a fun game.

My word you are efficient!

The original probably pushes 7 if you take into account the graphics (or lack of in the original compared to 7) when it comes to 'scary'.
Back in the day of when it was released the original was a very scary game.

7 would also arguably be the best in the series if not for the third act, which was a completely different game.

Extremely fair comment and I agree with you.

As for Resident Evil 3 remake, hope you enjoyed the two hours it took to finish.
It's a graphically great and fun cinematic game but it's too short.

Yeah, definitely saw that with RE3 Remake. Good for a $13 purchase, would have been highly disappointed at full price or the current non-sale price of $55 on the PS Store.

What was your favourite part in 7? I remember liking all the parts with the son, and definitely the biggest “heck that” moment is when the woman is crawling up the stairs after you 😂

What was your favourite part in 7? I remember liking all the parts with the son, and definitely the biggest “* that” moment is when the woman is crawling up the stairs after you 😂

Haha, I actually agree with you. The son showing up turned RE7 into a comedy. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back