Reserves Practice Match

Remove this Banner Ad

Urmoe

Premiership Player
North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2008 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor
Dec 11, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
none
I heard the uninjured boys not playing in the senior squad practice match on Saturday will be partaking in a practice match vs Collingwood reserves.

I believe its on Friday at 3 or 3.30pm at Goschs Paddock.

Anyone know if this is on?

No mention of it on ours or AFL website.

How many games in how many states will you be fitting in yourself on that day Urmoe?

BTW, in answer to your question........no idea. This is the first I've heard of it.

T'toes

How many games in how many states will you be fitting in yourself on that day Urmoe?

BTW, in answer to your question........no idea. This is the first I've heard of it.

T'toes
I do what I can TT.

Confirmed....tomorrow at 3.30pm

Yes, today at 3:3o! Unfortunately, I can't get away to see it!!

Yes, today at 3:3o! Unfortunately, I can't get away to see it!!
Looks like I wont be able to make it too due to work committments. Sorry.

any scores from the match??

nick maxwell was interviewed during the match on ch 10 but they gave no indication of score.

I managed to make the second half. No idea of scores. We "won" the 3rd quarter and the Pies clearly won the 4th. I heard someone say We won by 7 points but have no idea who We was. He was wandering from the direction of the NMFC camp tho.

This was only a Reserves Practise match and I only saw the second half so I am not sure that can read too much into my observations but here goes.

Samuel Wright - My comment on this guy after the intra club was Harden the Feck Up Son. Today he really threw himself in and was in a lot of action. Did some classy things including a lovely mark under pressure at half foward. Unfortunately missed the goal. Some of his kicks were very ordinary tho. Seemed to have a midfield role as also did some good work up back. I doubt whether he will get any senior action this year but I saw Ben Ross's first VFL game and that was an eyebrow lifter. Well the eyebrows got another work out over this guy today.

Cruize Garlett - Gone up upon 10 cogs on last year. Got a lot of the pill in midfield and usually delivered it well. Clearly our best midfielder in the second half. Well ahead of Harris.

Nathan O'Keefe. Very early days for this boy. But he does look like he has some ability. Kicked a lovely snap goal. Led well and if just a bit stronger may have taken 3-4 marks. Of course that should come with maturity. Maybe a good foward option for us in 2-3 years.

Luke Delaney. - This guy is in his first year? I think he is a little bit older? Got the look of an old fashioned full back. Strong, Lean and Mean. Didn't give Chris Dawes a touch when I was watching. Something to work with here I am sure. If there is a place for the old fashioned full back in modern footy. I want to see what this guy looks like with another year of maturity and preseason under his belt. Also quite composed with his kicking and delivery out of the backline.

Shite. Gotta Run! May post more later.

Luke Delaney. - This guy is in his first year? I think he is a little bit older? Got the look of an old fashioned full back. Strong, Lean and Mean. Didn't give Chris Dawes a touch when I was watching. Something to work with here I am sure. If there is a place for the old fashioned full back in modern footy. I want to see what this guy looks like with another year of maturity and preseason under his belt. Also quite composed with his kicking and delivery out of the backline.

Thanks, Numbers. I like the sound of a good, old fashioned fullback.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks, Numbers. I like the sound of a good, old fashioned fullback.

Fantastic news.... Wish he couldve been included in Carlton game so we could have had agood look at him!

Fantastic news.... Wish he couldve been included in Carlton game so we could have had agood look at him!

There will be plenty of opportunity to see him in action when it's fair dinkum.

I'll be not happy Jan if he's playing on a half back flank or in the ruck.

I saw the game today BTW.........unfortunately I was driving about 90kmh on the Monash outbound, with one eye on the Nylex clock, and one eye on the road. I quickly darted the eyes back towards Gosch's paddock and yeah, the game was on. That's it from me! I saw umpires in red!

T'toes

Delaney is a man mountain at 19. Came from the Geelong Falcons and Dean has already said he is a big chance to play after round 11 when a rookie gets elevated (under the new rule).
The other rookies pushing for that elevation are Cruize Garlett and Marcus White.

Do you guys think the blood orange and white striped alternative strip North wore in this match will feature in the regular season? It was a bit out there, but I think it could catch on as is very different and unique.

Do you guys think the blood orange and white striped alternative strip North wore in this match will feature in the regular season? It was a bit out there, but I think it could catch on as is very different and unique.

There's a pic in today's Herald Sun. With 'matching' blue and white hooped sox. I thought it looked pretty good.

Thanks for your 2nd half report numbers!

Has anyone more reports on the game? HS article spoke about Collaringwood for 4/5ths of the article.

Did Adams play?

This probably pales into insignificance with the seniors practise game yesterday but what I was going to add b4 rudely interrupted by the real world was

This is who I believe played in the reserves practise match.

Daniel Harris, Corey Jones, Nathan O'keefe, Warren Benjamin, Aaron Edwards, Cruize Gartlett, Samuel Wright, Alan Obst, Conor Meredith, Marcus White, Luke Delaney, Benjamin Speight

Tarrant was the runner and copping heaps from the "senior" teammates who were all there on the boundary line watching the game. (good to see).

Riggio and Wundke were amongst this group of "senior" teammates. I understand from another thread that Riggio is injured. No idea on Wundke. Possibly he had played in the first half and quickly changed?

There was a No 13 playing. I don't think it was Leigh Adams though. Stand to be corrected on that. (There were a number of fill in players wearing "senior" numbers just to confuse me. The only one i recognised was Brett Goodes.)

After watching the PA game I thought back to this game and was there in anything in this game that would impact on improving the Senior Side in the short term. I have already posted that Wright, Garlett, O'Keefe and Delaney showed some positive signs for the longer term but not likely to impact on our Round 1 team.

I also thought White looks a likely - hardworking give it all he's got type - though he was caught in possesion a few times and Speight has some good go and toe about him. Benjamin looked out of his depth but just when I was thinking he was in his brothers class as a potential dud he laid two excellent tackles. Meredith ran around looking lost as you would expect. Obst was well Obst. Edwards was well Edwards.

But back to the short term. Harris. After the senior game I just don' think we can afford not to have him in the seniors. Surely he couldn't make our stoppage clearance rate any worse? But he was ordinary in this reserves game. He was having a crack but just seems to have lost his ability to get a clear disposal away and when he does he muffs it. Despite this i reckon he needs to play in the seniors against the Dons next week and told he will play Round 1. Some confidence building may be in order after the events of the off season.

Jones. Played pretty well. Kicked at least 2 goals. Still dropped a couple of marks where he does all the hard work then just drops the mark at the last second. The type of marks he snaffled easily in 2007. So some good signs but another week or two in the ressies may do him no harm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back