Injury Reid Out Until Round 13

Remove this Banner Ad

How is Towers/Membrey coming along would prefer to try with the future rather than White/Walsh.

Membrey has been struggling with an hamstring injury recently.

Whilst Towers isn't a key position player... And his reserves from from reports hasn't been amazing.

How is Towers/Membrey coming along would prefer to try with the future rather than White/Walsh.

Towers is neither a forward nor a key position player. Membrey only just came back from a hamstring injury but prior to that his last few games weren't as good as his first couple of the year.

And yet, White is the better of the 2 for a roaming\forward position ATM.

Unfortunately this injury also ties Goodes more into a forward role than a mobile one IMO.

id rather see Walsh playing a leading full forward role and Goodes playing Sam's role, CHF pushing up the field.

Excellent timing for the bye, hopefully gives a crucial extra week off to the likes of Reid/Shaw/LRT and means we can get them back for the Port game

Always prefer the club make a conservative decision in these cases and I'm glad we're not trying to rush him back like St Kilda did with Hayes in their last game. Just have to get through the next two games and then hopefully we'll get most of our guys back.

This is where we turn a negative into a positive. This is how depth is built. This is how our future guns can be discovered. Perhaps it's the opportunity Walsh needs to have the confidence to know he has a 4 week go at it. He's a big boy & can move.

Rampe has just started to belong because he was probably told that we would perservere with him for 5 weeks or so.

Keep the faith.
Before we know it, we'll have Tippett, Reid, Shaw, Mattner, LRT creating wanted headaches for our selection panel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its kinda odd that its his left quad, usually players do their kicking quad so I think that's a positive in regards to coming back sooner however it, like an ab strain or a groin is very hard to pinpoint a time frame. I think the club sometimes just needs to throw a fish so to speak to the media and fans.
I questioned Shaws Ab diagnosis for the same reason when it was first called two weeks, Id give Reid a month to be safe. I also think Mattners 'hip' is a strange one.

Really bad timing for Sammy.

For one thing, if he could have just waited a couple of rounds he could have timed his break for the bye and teams like Port.

Secondly, his move up the ground has proved a structural bonus for our team. It's likely that his replacement will play closer to goal clogging up the forward 50. How many times against the pies did we find targets all alone at the front half of the ground?

White >>>>> Walsh
If we could combine White's height, athleticism and kicking with Walsh's aggressiveness we would almost have an AFL forward. He'd still have no idea how to position himself unfortunately.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back