Recruiting News for 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Tell us more Moose, what are the rumblings?. It's no secret they are struggling and at the bottom of the ladder. Farr has been replaced by Exell as coach, I thought the locals & playing group were behind that appointment. What are they not happy about?
They sacked their Assistant coach last Wednesday. Apparently to do with an altercation he had with a senior player when they were playing Saints. Players not happy with the way he spoke to them and neither were the committee.

They sacked their Assistant coach last Wednesday. Apparently to do with an altercation he had with a senior player when they were playing Saints. Players not happy with the way he spoke to them and neither were the committee.

Who is the assistant coach at Dimboola. It is Lachy Exell, surely not, or was another player appointed as assistant coach?

What are people's thoughts on the Wimmera League season thus far?
The Burra's worthy flag favourites but maybe still a few tricks in the Saints & Dee's camps? Stawell would be very disappointed to lose to the Saints in such a way last weekend.

Tell us more Moose, what are the rumblings?. It's no secret they are struggling and at the bottom of the ladder. Farr has been replaced by Exell as coach, I thought the locals & playing group were behind that appointment. What are they not happy about?
TOOHARD has got it right. I was not referring to either of the Exells. I heard the day after my post that the person in question had been sacked. His name was not given to me either otherwise I would have posted it to avoid confusion. That being said, not everyone happy with the way things were handled.

Last edited:
What are people's thoughts on the Wimmera League season thus far?
The Burra's worthy flag favourites but maybe still a few tricks in the Saints & Dee's camps? Stawell would be very disappointed to lose to the Saints in such a way last weekend.
Overall i think the comp is as even and interesting as it has been in a very long time. Warrack and nhill back in 5th and 6th got within 5 gls and 1 pt of knocking off 2nd place demons in recent weeks just shows how even it is. Only disappointing thing is whilst comp is tighter i personally dont think there has been 1 major upset in WFL this year

Overall i think the comp is as even and interesting as it has been in a very long time. Warrack and nhill back in 5th and 6th got within 5 gls and 1 pt of knocking off 2nd place demons in recent weeks just shows how even it is. Only disappointing thing is whilst comp is tighter i personally dont think there has been 1 major upset in WFL this year
Yeah I think you're right. Which is evidenced by the fact that currently on the ladder everyone has beaten all of the sides below them (after one lap through the comp). Hopefully some upsets in the latter half of the season to make finals interesting.

Yeah I think you're right. Which is evidenced by the fact that currently on the ladder everyone has beaten all of the sides below them (after one lap through the comp). Hopefully some upsets in the latter half of the season to make finals interesting.
There you go, how's the Saints beating the Burras for an upset! 120+ point turn around from round 1. The Burras just couldn't penetrate Saints defences. Who's been kicking all the goals for the Burras this year? They went missing on Sunday along with the ball use and delivery from the midfield.

Also Warrack beating Nhill was a different result to round 1, not really an upset in my opinion as Warrack have been improving.

Yeah, it's interesting. Those results have changed the dynamic of the ladder a bit. It seems the top six are fairly close, depending on who's having a day out.

Now nhill upset the form team of the comp in saints after losing to warrack last week, were saints bad or was nhill just too good? Either way WFL just got a hell of a lot more interesting going into second half of year

I certainly stand by my comment from last week - the top six really is anyone's at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nhill far more disciplined, and outworked them all over the ground. Wheelen continues to dominate each week, but is still underrated!

What's your take stnias? You were up and about last week!
I agree with you. Saints didn't start well and Nhill dominated the second quarter, Saints couldn't peg back the margin from there. The Saints couldn't get first use of the ball missing Tom Payne in the middle. Another danger game after the bye against Warrack.

The Demons look to have fallen off the pace with two 80 odd point drubbings in a row or does Nick Pekin make that much difference to their side? Most interesting Wimmera League season in a long long time.
Checked out the Saints new facilities yesterday. Really impressed.

Alright so its the last round and things are very interesting for 3rd and 5th.

Im picking the demons on current form to beat stawell and take the double chance and despite their lack of current form im tipping nhill to beat warrack and steal 5th spot by the barest of margins.

Minyip murtoa looking strong and clear flag favourites. Would take something very special to stop them.

I reckon it's fascinating that the week before finals 1st is playing 2nd, 3rd is playing 4th, 5th is playing 6th and 7th is playing 8th. Should hopefully mean all matches are crackers.

I'm hoping Nhill can get over the line against Warrack, but it won't be easier over there. I also agree that Horsham are probably more likely to take 3rd... but wouldn't it make things interesting if Saints did get over MM?

I won't comment on the suspension, but RE the Toohey I'll be interested to see how Thomas Wheelen goes before he copped his forced time off. I've got no idea who else might be up and about.

It seems a shame that some of these suspensions aren't actually coming about straight after the incident. Both Horsham and Warrack will be missing someone in the Elimination final then?

It seems a shame that some of these suspensions aren't actually coming about straight after the incident. Both Horsham and Warrack will be missing someone in the Elimination final then?

Yep, Jeremy Hartigan out for 5 with 2 suspended and now Mackenzie out for 2. Hartigan will only come back if Horsham make the prelim.

What an absolute balls up by the wimmera league.

mckenzie was in the best players in both rnd 15 and 16...scores were level at 3q time of round 15 dimmy v warrack which they went onto win and a draw with nhill v warrick in round 16.

I know he is only 1 player but lets be honest-when your team makes finals over the course of the season by a solitary point he was a big part of that and was playing when he should have been rubbed out.

Wimmera league has let other clubs down by being too slow and useless to deal with issues in a timely manner. Nhill probably didnt deserve to play finals anyway but one can only imagine they would be totally pi$#ed off about this situation considering mckenzie starred against them!

Looking forward to a very interesting finals series where any of top 4 could win it. Saints over stawell by 26pts and demons over warrack by 56pts are my tips for the weekend.

Horsham & Stawell can't win it l don't reckon. Really interesting series coming up though. Burra's & Saints have totally different teams. Burra's are full of tall's where as the Saints rely on their speed & ball use.

Saints by 12 points
Demons by 24 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Back