Recruiting for 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez, if there is a Diggers/Pimp merger and they choose HDFL, it would be a blow to WFL in terms of club numbers and league status.

Good to see some early statements regarding player movements and coaching appointments. Surely Butschy becoming coach would boost the Micks for player retention/recruitment?

Parish to Laharum is a huge blow to Horsham - their only genuine key forward gone, leaving Burke who is more a crafty utility/3rd tall forward IMO. You would have to think they will be calling on some of their recent premiership talent to come back to the fold for loyalty's sake. Just wait for the 'Skurrie back at the Demons' whispers to circulate!

And I agree that Hinkley coming back would encourage some player recruitment for the Weagles.

Is there any word on the possibility of McFarlane coming back again for Dimmy? Despite their strength, he would be a big loss for them.

Macfarlane will be playing the second half of the year as done a few years back.

See in the cop section of the paper today Broadbent doing his thing. Saying that he sees drugs in footy clubs. He only coached saints last year, so what is he saying? Drug problem there?

Not sure about the recruiting frenzy coming from the Demons as they are not cashed up to compete with your Dimbooa`s and Warrack`s. Have heard a possible return to the Demons in Luke Carr, Aaron Barnett and Sean Christopher. Could have a couple of big losses if rumours are true of Parish (Laharum) and Nic Pekin (Natimuk) leave.

Butsch coaching Saints is interesting how many leave or recruit after last years off the field incident. Heard he gave the Saints an ultimatum as He coaches or his gone. No word on the struggling Diggers! A lot being said about Damien Camerons movements but strong word saying he won`t be at diggers.

Strong word that Blake has all but signed with the Roos, with the deal to be finalised shortly. With the Parish move and if speculation about Pekin has legs, it seems there is a mini-exodus of top talent from the Demons. Would the rumoured return of Carr, Barnett & Christopher offset those losses?

Also while some of Dimmy's depth players might be looking for more opportunities elsewhere (ie 15kms down the road), there is no word that any of their core players are departing - sounds like everyone is keen to stick around for back-to-back, and with Blake virtually on-board, whispers that Tim Pickert is considering joining the Roos, and yet another apparent quality signing about to be announced, that will be a distinct possibility.

Looking forward to seeing if Butsch's coaching appointment at the Saints brings in any significant recruits. Same with Hinkley's return to the Eagles.

So as it seems right now (both confirmed and rumoured):

Dimboola - In: Tyler Blake, Simon Clugston, Tim Pickert?, Another key signing TBC shortly. Out: None confirmed as yet, but Daniel Baker, Shannan Baker & Clancy Bennett are possibilities.

Demons - In: Simon Hobbs?, Luke Carr?, Aaron Barnett?, Sean Christopher? Out: Dylan Parish, Tyler Blake, Nic Pekin?

Warrack - In: Clayton Hinkley, James Kirby? Out: ????

Diggers - In: ???? Out: Damian Cameron? Kye Chapple?

Any news about the other clubs?

Strong word that Blake has all but signed with the Roos, with the deal to be finalised shortly. With the Parish move and if speculation about Pekin has legs, it seems there is a mini-exodus of top talent from the Demons. Would the rumoured return of Carr, Barnett & Christopher offset those losses?

Also while some of Dimmy's depth players might be looking for more opportunities elsewhere (ie 15kms down the road), there is no word that any of their core players are departing - sounds like everyone is keen to stick around for back-to-back, and with Blake virtually on-board, whispers that Tim Pickert is considering joining the Roos, and yet another apparent quality signing about to be announced, that will be a distinct possibility.

Looking forward to seeing if Butsch's coaching appointment at the Saints brings in any significant recruits. Same with Hinkley's return to the Eagles.

Dimboola - In: Tyler Blake, Simon Clugston, Tim Pickert?, Another key signing TBC shortly. Out: None confirmed as yet, but Daniel Baker, Shannan Baker & Clancy Bennett are possibilities.

Demons - In: Simon Hobbs?, Luke Carr?, Aaron Barnett?, Sean Christopher? Out: Dylan Parish, Tyler Blake, Nic Pekin?

Warrack - In: Clayton Hinkley, James Kirby? Out: ????

Minyip Murtoa- In: James Burke, Darcy Harrison & Blake Grant
Out: ???

Warrack - In: Clayton Hinkley, James Kirby, Jack Wilson, Rob Grainger and soon to be a Super high quality forward from reports over the weekend.Out: ????

I heard Luke Carr will be at Dimboola next year!
Who is the quality signing at the Roos?

Dimboola Roos seem to be at it again with the recruiting. I only heard last night that there major to be annouced in the papers soon is Karl lohde coming back to get a taste of success in wimmera league. Was the leagues best years back and apperently has not lost a lot of touch or pace to this date!
if true...Dangerous for the league to put him into a premiership side.

Dimboola Roos seem to be at it again with the recruiting. I only heard last night that there major to be annouced in the papers soon is Karl lohde coming back to get a taste of success in wimmera league. Was the leagues best years back and apperently has not lost a lot of touch or pace to this date!
Would love to see Karl lohde back in the green and gold. He's had a good start to the season for St marys in the NTAFL, he's been in the best every week and kicked a few goals. peter macfarlane back at st Marys to, but hasn't played in the first 3 games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Karl Lohde would be a massive signing, well and truly in the same league as a Clugston or Pekin who are IMO the best two players in the league. I'm a bit skeptical of the rumour though and will just wait and see before getting any hopes up. Have also heard Tyler Blake has given every indication he will be with the Roos next year, but I think there was similar talk about him going to the roos this time last year. I don't think we will see MacFarlane back after getting his premiership medallion.

I'm pretty unaware of any other recruiting around the place, very interested to hear how Warrack are going, as well as Nhill who apparently have money to burn. The appointment of Davidson at United is certainly positive, but I'm not sure even he could pull them back from where they are. Horsham will have to continue to recruit around their juniors or they will continue to fall, good juniors are great but they won't win you another premiership without the support of mature players. I've heard Pekin has committed to the demons again which is impressive if the rumours of other big offers are true.

Any further news on other clubs?

Nick Pekin staying at Demons. Signed a new two year deal. Great Loyalty considering the offers he has had as Demons definately don't have the coin that some Wimmera clubs have.

Big news if true, but heard the same thing last year. Would be a coup for the Roos, but he must be getting old now?

Nick Pekin staying at Demons. Signed a new two year deal. Great Loyalty considering the offers he has had as Demons definately don't have the coin that some Wimmera clubs have.

Fantastic for the Demons and the league. Hate seeing top players get raided by the district league clubs. I know it goes both ways, but I like to see the bulk of top talent in the best standard of competition locally available.

Nhill has signed jay Zuener and George mcwaters from the kntfl. Not sure of their ability but both key position players. I've also heard they've sign ex local Justin merret.

Yeah all straight from Donald, don't know hell of a lot about them apart from Burke was their CHF this year, Grant has won a b&f and Harrison has played interleague..

Sounds like three good pick-ups there - look out for the Burras next season. Looks like the Eagles are doing nicely as well. Early days I know, but hard to see the make-up of the final five changing at all next year, just the order maybe.

So is this right that Horsham outs now inlcude: Parish, Gilbert, Blake, Wood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back