Recruiting for 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

There will be some great games this weekend and has been a great year for WFL. I have a feeling that Stawell will actually beat Ararat this week but I think Dimboola will get done by MM, which will keep Dimboola in the five. Not that I think Dimboola will last too long in the finals.
Good luck to all!
Agreed - cracking weekend ahead.

Interesting new about Tom Magee at the Roos... http://www.mailtimes.com.au/story/2...tured-cheekbone-league-to-investigate/?cs=226

Surprised it wasn't mentioned on here earlier in the week

Farr resigned at dimmy.. Wouldn't be suprised for wheels to fall off out there
I think you will see Farr sign on again next year at Dimboola. Financially they are a very strong club so I don't think you will see the wheels falling off, players will no doubt come and go as they do in all sides. They are the only team to win a premiership in the last 11 years bar Horsham which is something every other club in the League were unable to do. Good luck to all the sides in the finals this year, should be a cracker month of football. My money's on the Demons.

Don't think there'd be too many people disappointed to see Dimmy knocked out.

Saw the Dees vs Saints game. Quality footy!

Wow! Big Finals ahead.
I also seen the Dees Vs Saints game and 100% ripper match!
Stu farr sign again did he? Thats a great thing for the DFC. great to see him stick around and try and bounce back next year.
Haha also I know im not happy about it as they are good players! but I know exells and Magee's are staying put.

Demons will lose to Saints in the Grandfinal.
It will be a repeat of the weekend just gone!

All the best to all teams in the grandfinal.

Wow! Big Finals ahead.
I also seen the Dees Vs Saints game and 100% ripper match!
Stu farr sign again did he? Thats a great thing for the DFC. great to see him stick around and try and bounce back next year.
Haha also I know im not happy about it as they are good players! but I know exells and Magee's are staying put.

Demons will lose to Saints in the Grandfinal.
It will be a repeat of the weekend just gone!

All the best to all teams in the grandfinal.

Hope you're right FoK, but do you reckon St Micks can shake the bridemaids tag??? What is it, 8th time lucky at WFL level?

Another massive weekend of local footy.

Do you think the Burras were looking to the Eagles game a bit too soon? They would be very disappointed with their season. Ran most of the big boys to within a goal or two just couldn't get it done when need.

Saints continue to impress under Breuer. Really looking forward to the ripper clash they have with the Demons this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ararat!
who would have thought, But your right Perfect Pussies Burras might have got a little ahead of them self.
I watched Warrack Vs Saints aswell on the saturday and I never had any real doubt saints would lose it. they looked to have control of the game at all times except for a laps in the third.
Going to be exciting at nhill this weekend. Demons Vs Saints. Still think Demons will roll them by 20p or so but hope its a good game!.

Ararat!
who would have thought, But your right Perfect Pussies Burras might have got a little ahead of them self.
I watched Warrack Vs Saints aswell on the saturday and I never had any real doubt saints would lose it. they looked to have control of the game at all times except for a laps in the third.
Going to be exciting at nhill this weekend. Demons Vs Saints. Still think Demons will roll them by 20p or so but hope its a good game!.

Burras and Rats were 1 win each in the H&A so not entirely a surprise, although would have thought Burras would go in favourite on recent form.

Anyone at the game see what happened here?

upload_2014-9-3_12-38-36.png

Not a great look for the league if there is anything in it, given the Clough incident a couple of weeks back...

To add to that, rumours swirling a club president had an altercation with a talented youngster from an opposing club... any light to be shed here or not much in it?

To add to that, rumours swirling a club president had an altercation with a talented youngster from an opposing club... any light to be shed here or not much in it?

My understanding of the situation was that the so called 'talented youngster' was causing quite a scene running his mouth all day as well as at the end of the game directed at certain people from the winning side. He then tried to gain entry to the winners rooms to confront a player/s which is then when the president stepped in and rightly so...

One of the Magees from Dimboola apperently.
Matt or Tom I am not sure. it would probably make sense if it was T.Magee hurling a little abuse out of anger.
not the right way to go about things. but I would be pissed off to if somone deliberetly kneed me in he face and broke my jaw and gets 2 weeks.
Roger Sordello is the president and Still dont know which magee it was but Roger Confronted one of them by grabbing them around the neck?
Dunno if all true but not a good look for a president to be getting involved in either.

Anyone know full sotry?

Yeah, its actually been a great season. Dimmy's decline was probably the big surprise this season. Saints defied many by improving rather than dropping off after the player exodus from last year, and of course the Rats seemed to spring from nowhere to earn a deserved finals spot and knock off the more fancied Burras, who looked a million bucks against Dimmy last round.

IMO the Saints will break through for their first WFL premiership against the Demons, though the two seem pretty evenly matched right now.

Yeah, its actually been a great season. Dimmy's decline was probably the big surprise this season. Saints defied many by improving rather than dropping off after the player exodus from last year, and of course the Rats seemed to spring from nowhere to earn a deserved finals spot and knock off the more fancied Burras, who looked a million bucks against Dimmy last round.

IMO the Saints will break through for their first WFL premiership against the Demons, though the two seem pretty evenly matched right now.
Hopefully your wrong about the saints.

Burras and Rats were 1 win each in the H&A so not entirely a surprise, although would have thought Burras would go in favourite on recent form.

Anyone at the game see what happened here?

View attachment 77540

Not a great look for the league if there is anything in it, given the Clough incident a couple of weeks back...

Looked fairly ordinary from the grandstand. The Ball was well and truly gone and he looked to have got a boot to the head...could have been accidental but it knocked him around alright

Surely the League is not that boring that no one bothers to post anything after last weekend! Is there no interest anymore?
Horsham were very lucky to win, but they won none the less and as Inkster was quoted in the paper as saying it was a lost opportunity.
I think Saints go in as hot, hot, hot favourites. Fresh legs and no injuries. But as Laharum found out last weekend, doesn't really matter who is favourite in a Grand Final.... it's anyone's game. Only hope Brad Hartigan can get up and play as well as he did before he got injured on Sunday and also hope Demons can make a game of it. If anyone can keep a lid on the Saints it's Shane Breuer, awesome coach and awesome person. GAME ON I say and hope Demons can come home with a win!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back