Travel Recommended Holiday Destinations

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Well as ive said elsewhere I missed Saturdays game.

Reason for it I was away on a family weekend at Western Plains Zoo Dubbo.

Cant recommend the Zoofari Lodge enough.

2 tours plus dinner (African inspired) and breakfast plus 2 days zoo entry.

Was allot of fun, Little Miss General had a ball waking up to the Raffis (Giraffes).

https://taronga.org.au/taronga-western-plains-zoo/stay-overnight/zoofari-lodge/accommodation

That sounds awesome. I want to check out Jamala at Canberra Zoo, they do a similar thing.

We've got a big holiday next year in June / July...

Itinerary is as follows:

Return Business Class Flights from Melbourne to LAX (Virgin)
3 Nights in Anaheim
Flights from LA to Portland, Oregon (Virgin)
4 Nights in Portland (beer festival)
Flights from Portland to Boston (Alaskan Airlines)
Week In Boston
Flights from Boston to Vegas (Virgin)
3 nights in Vegas (mate's 50th)
Vegas to LAX (Virgin)
LAX to Vancouver
5 nights in Vancouver
Board a Ship to go on an Alaskan cruise
3 Nights in Seattle
Seattle to LAX (Virgin)
Back to Melbourne.

All up we've budgeted around $60,000 for the trip including flights, cruise and spending money. Going to be amazing.

That sounds awesome. I want to check out Jamala at Canberra Zoo, they do a similar thing.

We've got a big holiday next year in June / July...

Itinerary is as follows:

Return Business Class Flights from Melbourne to LAX (Virgin)
3 Nights in Anaheim
Flights from LA to Portland, Oregon (Virgin)
4 Nights in Portland (beer festival)
Flights from Portland to Boston (Alaskan Airlines)
Week In Boston
Flights from Boston to Vegas (Virgin)
3 nights in Vegas (mate's 50th)
Vegas to LAX (Virgin)
LAX to Vancouver
5 nights in Vancouver
Board a Ship to go on an Alaskan cruise
3 Nights in Seattle
Seattle to LAX (Virgin)
Back to Melbourne.

All up we've budgeted around $60,000 for the trip including flights, cruise and spending money. Going to be amazing.
Think they go right up to the windows in the Canberra one.

Wow that is big. Massive actually

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

It's what happens when your wife's parents sell 10+ acres of prime re-zoned residential land in South West Sydney...and want to bestow monies upon their daughter to see them enjoy it while they're alive. No denying it I'm very, very lucky.
Take it where you find it. Enjoy

Well as ive said elsewhere I missed Saturdays game.

Reason for it I was away on a family weekend at Western Plains Zoo Dubbo.

Cant recommend the Zoofari Lodge enough.

2 tours plus dinner (African inspired) and breakfast plus 2 days zoo entry.

Was allot of fun, Little Miss General had a ball waking up to the Raffis (Giraffes).

https://taronga.org.au/taronga-western-plains-zoo/stay-overnight/zoofari-lodge/accommodation

Zoofari is great. Stayed at the old tents they had there and it was ok, but Zoofari was quite nice and looking at the upgrades they've made since then it looks even better. Stayed at their on-site cabins as well but they're not quite as cool.

Roar and Snore in Sydney proper was better IMO, but with half the animals gone due to upgrades I'm not sure it's quite as good as it was.

Coral bay

/thread
As a teacher in the Pilbara many moons ago, we would go there often. Was quiet little spot where you could go snorkling off the beach into pretty nice on shore reefs with beautiful corals and other sea life. Fishing anywhere around there by boat was brilliant.

As a teacher in the Pilbara many moons ago, we would go there often. Was quiet little spot where you could go snorkling off the beach into pretty nice on shore reefs with beautiful corals and other sea life. Fishing anywhere around there by boat was brilliant.
It's a slice of heaven on earth

Trekking in Nepal around the Annapurna trail is fantastic.

To see old men walk past you along the trail barefoot with stacks of timber lugged around their shoulders while you are decked out in the latest equipment is quite humbling.

Vestal and I honeymooned in Rome, Pompeii and Vienna in 2004, both Italy and Austria would still be at the top of the list for us.

Chiang Mai showcases some of the best of Asia, let alone Thailand, Prachuap Khiri Khan a close second.

Broken Hill and Lake Mungo are must does for any Aussie with a photographic bent, Albany WA, Lakes Entrance, the Pilbara and the Atherton Tablelands are all also wonderlands in their own way. Eden on the NSW south coast and Bathurst/Orange are high on our retire to places list.

Plenty more, instalment #1 :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vestal and I honeymooned in Rome, Pompeii and Vienna in 2004, both Italy and Austria would still be at the top of the list for us.

Chiang Mai showcases some of the best of Asia, let alone Thailand, Prachuap Khiri Khan a close second.

Broken Hill and Lake Mungo are must does for any Aussie with a photographic bent, Albany WA, Lakes Entrance, the Pilbara and the Atherton Tablelands are all also wonderlands in their own way. Eden on the NSW south coast and Bathurst/Orange are high on our retire to places list.

Plenty more, instalment #1 :)
Pilbara is both a wonderland and hell on earth

Leaning towards making the south coast around Bega our permanent Christmas escape. Lovely area, good food, great beaches, and can pop up to the Snowys if you want something a bit different.
Bermagui is a nice little place, some very nice spots around there, not too far away from Bega. I spent summer there a few years ago and loved it. Hopefully I can go back that way soon

Bermagui is a nice little place, some very nice spots around there, not too far away from Bega. I spent summer there a few years ago and loved it. Hopefully I can go back that way soon
That's exactly where we'd be looking to stay I reckon. We stayed in Bega last time to explore the area and I'd rather somewhere nearer a beach. I've got a mate at work who heads down there every Christmas and swears by it.

That's exactly where we'd be looking to stay I reckon. We stayed in Bega last time to explore the area and I'd rather somewhere nearer a beach. I've got a mate at work who heads down there every Christmas and swears by it.
I envy the locals who get to enjoy every inch of that magnificent little place every day. There's not much there but for me it's less is more

Wife and I are looking to move next year. We're thinking of the Sea Change and moving to Bateman's Bay. It's closer to her parents in Cobbity and closer for me to get to Canberra games. Looks like I will be taking up my Ultimate Giants membership again next year.

Wife and I are looking to move next year. We're thinking of the Sea Change and moving to Bateman's Bay. It's closer to her parents in Cobbity and closer for me to get to Canberra games. Looks like I will be taking up my Ultimate Giants membership again next year.
Haven't had the chance to stop in Bateman's Bay before but always a good view driving through it

Looks like I'll be heading to Adelaide some time this year. I have a gorgeous cousin who's just moved into her new house with her hubby and said there's plenty of space. How could I turn that down?

Pity there's no more games in Adelaide for the year. It would have been nice to go to AO for a match. I've never been to Adelaide before, but I hear it's a nice place with some great spots to visit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back