RDFL Thread 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
rumor has it that Sunbury Kangaroos coach has been told he has to apply for his position for next season. Coach of the year has to re apply is a bit of a joke. Apparently he has been told that they have applications already for his job. If he does not get the job expect some big names to leave the club to follow the coach
like who?

no big names at sunbury is there grub? and about the macedon job:confused::confused::confused:
if you saw the add, im under qualified.i still think burgess is the man for the job
no big names now that my best mate has maybe retired he wouldnt let me carry him off the ground im very greatfull for that too so maybe he has changed his mind and might go just one more year:thumbsu::thumbsu:

no big names now that my best mate has maybe retired he wouldnt let me carry him off the ground im very greatfull for that too so maybe he has changed his mind and might go just one more year:thumbsu::thumbsu:

i dont reckon u would have been able 2 carry me grubba. and i know u have a bad back too.thats the real reason i wouldnt let u carry me off.:D
no i have a lot of soul searching to do b4 i make any decision on where the future might take me.we still havent got that flag together YET

i dont reckon u would have been able 2 carry me grubba. and i know u have a bad back too.thats the real reason i wouldnt let u carry me off.:D
no i have a lot of soul searching to do b4 i make any decision on where the future might take me.we still havent got that flag together YET
ok if i decide not to retire with you maybe we could have one more crack at it:cool:

:thumbsdown::mad::thumbsdown::mad:Expect numbers to drop like flies if dixon goes ... It will be kangas/rovers all over again 10 years ago,hes the right man for the job regardless of what hes built the club from the rabble it once was...His recruiting ability has been outstanding and with 2-3 more senior blokes he WILL take them to the 08 flag .. the emphasis on the roos at the end of the prelim was sticking together to keep building on their success. If the commitee get selfish too early because theyve getting a sniff of it, expect things to go pear-shaped :thumbsdown::mad::thumbsdown:

These things do happen I believe the similar situation happened at Rockbank at the end of the 2002 season(finals) it has been 5 years for about 5 wins!!!! For the Kanga boys I hope not!

These things do happen I believe the similar situation happened at Rockbank at the end of the 2002 season(finals) it has been 5 years for about 5 wins!!!! For the Kanga boys I hope not!

Don't beleive the rumours. Jarred Dixon will be coach of the Kangas next season if he wants the job. There has been nothing passed by the comittee that requires him to submit any application. The coaching structure for '08 has not even been discussed yet.

What a Year!!!!!!!
The Kangaroos have this year took enormous steps to establish ourselves as a consistant force for many years to come.
The girls have done a great job to get both sides in the finals and with a little improvement they will surely be big threats for the coming year.
The boys have created history for our club with all sides making the finals,the 18's showing that the club is heading in the right direction and all boys have improved under the coaching of Gavin and will enhance our senior stocks in the years to come.
What more can you say about the two's,they are surely what our club is all about and at no stage did they toss in the towell and their effort to come home with a burst was magnificent to see!!!!!!!!
The Seniors have shown now that step by step we are getting closer to the big one and the improvement shown this year,says good things for the Club and competition overall.
On and off the field we have had tremendous support from all concerned and with our current sponsors and future ones who have made committments,it is all good for the Club.
In reference to comments regarding Coaches and their future positions,nothing will be decided till we have our committee meeting next week and we dont need people telling us how good certain coaches went this year as proof is in the pudding and when the time arises. i am sure we will certainly make the right decision.
Congradulations to Woodend (18's and Seniors) and it was a pleasure dealing with all Clubs both on and off the field.
Our competition is flourishing and all is good for many years to come and the executive of the RDFL are heading us all in the right direction.

Go The Roos !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:thumbsu: Very well said Dennis, dont forget the successful year that our juniors had, this also shows that in the coming years we will have some very good players coming through.

Terry Ahearn to take on the Cohuna coaching job in the CMFL. What will this mean for his club. Who will follow him???

This has been spoken about around the town for the last five weeks or so and although I'm sure Terry has plans of taking players with him, at the most he will get is two or three (and that will include his brother Corey Mills). Cohuna is simply too far for blokes from Kilmore to be travelling.

It's the Redbacks prenstation night tonight, so I'll be able to report back on Monday with the results. My tips:

B&F: Ryan Connellan (only just)
Runner Up: Matthew McLellan (stiff not to win)
Most Improved: Cam Dawson (just keeps getting better)
Most Determined: Tim Cox (tuff and just keeps going at the pill)

Theres my tips, anyone feel free to put their 2 cents in. I'll report all results Monday morning.

It's the Redbacks prenstation night tonight, so I'll be able to report back on Monday with the results. My tips:

B&F: Ryan Connellan (only just)
Runner Up: Matthew McLellan (stiff not to win)
Most Improved: Cam Dawson (just keeps getting better)
Most Determined: Tim Cox (tuff and just keeps going at the pill)

Theres my tips, anyone feel free to put their 2 cents in. I'll report all results Monday morning.

My tips (I'm a guest tonigth)

B&F: Tim Cox
Runner-up: Matt McLellan
Most improved: Paul Brady

i wouldnt think many players will go to cohuna, maybe one of the elite players? but i havent heard about any1 going up with him and i dont know if terry thinks its the right thing to do by taking players, considering he worked so hard to save the club from folding along with dayson and many others. taking players would be hypocritical of the work he has put in! all the best to him and good luck hope he gets on the track n has a kick too!

Sunbury Kanga's Presentation Night next Saturday. Predictions for B&F for all 3 Grades.

Seniors - Bonnici, Runner up - Steve James
Reserves - Marty Pell, Runner up - Ben Hunting
Thirds - Paul Newton, Runner up - Greg Smith-Hayes

Sunbury Kanga's Presentation Night next Saturday. Predictions for B&F for all 3 Grades.

Seniors - Bonnici, Runner up - Steve James
Reserves - Marty Pell, Runner up - Ben Hunting
Thirds - Paul Newton, Runner up - Greg Smith-Hayes

Back to back premiers 06-07. Thought Riddell & Woodend-Hesket won last 2 flags. Surely you're not claiming 2's are you?

Its my Top 50 End of Season

Its time again... Just my opinion folks...

50. J.Heritage (Diggers Rest)
49. A.Blade (Riddell)
48. S.Knight (Macedon)
47. G.Nankervis (Melton Central)
46. T.Salter (Kilmore)
45. J.Wright (Macedon)
44. M.Krul (Rockbank)
43. N.Hole (Sunbury Kangaroos)
42. D.Salpietro (Woodend/Hesket)
41. S.Bowen (Woodend/Hesket)

Its my Top 50 End of Season

40. R.Johnson (Sunbury Kangaroos)