RDFL team of last 30 years

Remove this Banner Ad

his first name wouldnt be Ernie would It
if it is i probably d o know you:thumbsu:
i presume he coached all 3

Coached all 3, played at all 3. Dad even put on a jumper when Rovers were short against Wallan. For those that know Dad, they will know that his eyes are pretty much shot.

Dad took Sunbury Rovers from an absolute basketcase of a club to a pretty good club on and a powerhouse off the field.

Coached all 3, played at all 3. Dad even put on a jumper when Rovers were short against Wallan. For those that know Dad, they will know that his eyes are pretty much shot.

Dad took Sunbury Rovers from an absolute basketcase of a club to a pretty good club on and a powerhouse off the field.
So ive heard about your dad:-(
yes he certainly did that for the rovers- i was there when he was there.
He got macedon out of the s**t as well ,coached Gisborne to a premiership
i was involved at Riddell and Rovers,knew most people in the RDFL except Kilmore,Wallan,Darley,Nth Fawkner and Moomba Park
so you can probably guess who i am

So ive heard about your dad:-(
yes he certainly did that for the rovers- i was there when he was there.
He got macedon out of the s**t as well ,coached Gisborne to a premiership
i was involved at Riddell and Rovers,knew most people in the RDFL except Kilmore,Wallan,Darley,Nth Fawkner and Moomba Park
so you can probably guess who i am

No sorry. Can you provide a few more details?

Do you want my initials maybe
or will the name most people know me by do?i dont think first names are forbidden here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And he worked for TNT Transport!

Over a few beers Monday night the boys were telling a few stories about you, dont know if you would make the best side of the last 30 years but apparently you didnt get the name Mongrel for nothing! maybe the toughest side of the last 30 years?

I watched this kid from knee height to a grasshopper. Its not easy to like a bloke that waisted lots of potential to bash people at the pub. But I did tell my son several times that we couldnt leave a game cos dean helmers was playing in the next game. Yes he was one of the most explosive players ive ever seen and I was probably wrong in my distain towards him considering what he had to cop week in week out. But at the time I hated him. He dominated games as we had been warned but he at the time came across as a thug because he trolloped a few which I dont beleive the great players would ever do. There has been some incredible players in our comp over the years but he is my choice as leading mid. Closely followed by a much more humble marty lakey

From the 90s the players I remember being standouts, Paul Albon and Kenny Ingram at Craigieburn, Jamie Cuffe Gisborne. Marc Cullen, Darren Brown and Terry Love at Melton, Darren Stanley, Dabrovsak and Gallop at South, David Barnes and Lexi Miller at Darley. Dean Lupson, Darren Tarczon at sunbury.

From the 90s the players I remember being standouts, Paul Albon and Kenny Ingram at Craigieburn, Jamie Cuffe Gisborne. Marc Cullen, Darren Brown and Terry Love at Melton, Darren Stanley, Dabrovsak and Gallop at South, David Barnes and Lexi Miller at Darley. Dean Lupson, Darren Tarczon at sunbury.
Great days what club did you follow or play for?

Also totally forgot Michael Werner from Gisborne who I probably still rate as the best player I have seen in the RDFL. brad Fox was also a gun.

I watched this kid from knee height to a grasshopper. Its not easy to like a bloke that waisted lots of potential to bash people at the pub. But I did tell my son several times that we couldnt leave a game cos dean helmers was playing in the next game. Yes he was one of the most explosive players ive ever seen and I was probably wrong in my distain towards him considering what he had to cop week in week out. But at the time I hated him. He dominated games as we had been warned but he at the time came across as a thug because he trolloped a few which I dont beleive the great players would ever do. There has been some incredible players in our comp over the years but he is my choice as leading mid. Closely followed by a much more humble marty lakey
Great Post Dean.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back