• J. Graham

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • S. Campbell

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • K. McIntosh (sub)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It's depressing at the moment watching how hard we were trying to get the ball into the forward line just to see it come straight out again. On another not I must say that Maurice Rioli was impressive last night. What we wouldn't give to have a decent tall player in our forward line. You watch since Koschitzke kicked goals in the VFL they will rush him back into the team and he will do nothing again, what's happening with Samson Ryan? Gibcus, Balta and Lynch all with long term injuries at the same time, the footy gods really do hate us.

Was pleasing to see Rioli jnr, Ralphsmith and Dow have impressive games and Young, Brown and Lafau building up game time. With a severe lack of leadership, the kids had a positive attitude all night and it was the only positive to take from the game. It took an injury depleted side with blatant cheating from the umpires (again) to get the Demon's win.The Dees had 3 goals on the board in 50 minutes of footy, and 2 of those goals was from questionable frees. ONE legit goal in half a game of footy, and they are top 4 material.. Hilarious.

Hopper "mismanaged" - sadly, once he was out the game we completely lost our structure onball. It appeared we were breaking even in the midfield and we had a crapload of forward 50 entries for no return.

It is exhausting watching the obvious rubbish from the umpires, so I don't go that often these days, Lever's throw, Pickett's shove in the back, May throwing his head back with minimal contact, the three Dees throws in a row on the wing leading to Baker's decapitation, the ball hitting the ump on the full... The list goes on and on.. - all get the tick of approval from the AFL... "bUt iTS tHe Way wE pLAy..." - Gimmie a spell - even neutral supporters that hate us acknowledge the bias.. What shits me is if we lose players like Baker, Rioli etc as this must be exhausting for them week after week...

I hope when the injured players return they are managed correctly, and we drop players that are not part of the future to make way for them. I do like the way Yze works with what we have, and I'm thinking we would have at least 2-3 more wins if we had a full squad to pick from. I don't think we will bottom out completely, but rest assured if we do, the AFL will change draft rules...

Its not all doom and gloom. All I ask is for no more injuries and impartial umpiring for the rest of the year. Let us AT LEAST enjoy watching the kids develop and win games we deserve to win....

Out - Hopper (inj), Naismith, Macintosh
In - Ryan, Coulhard, Sonsie

Give Ryan at least a month of guaranteed game time resting forward.

He always flogs us, we were always losing the ruck battle regardless should have gone in with Ryan as a foward to help Nank. as both Naismith & Nankervis have 0 forward craft.

I can handle no forward craft. What I can't handle is a 7ft bloke getting his last shot at AFL showing no guts and determination. How many times did he get easily spoiled and drop marks yet fail to do so against shorter blokes. I lost count of times where the Dee's marked it and he's there and his fist was there ripe to belt the ball clear of there hands but instead it's like he's acting the part. Ffs's you've got a reach advantage and are supposed to be desperately clinging to a shot a career. The easiest thing to do in footy has always been spoil a mark and shepherd. Simon Madden would knock the ball 30m clear in a spoiling attempt this supposed ruckman can't even dislodge the ball or make them earn it.

I feel like an old bast@rd watching blokes like him show up thinking we might have some mongrel like from Braybrook/ old Port Melbourne wharfie type a la bones McGhie. This bloody whipper snapper generation where everyone has Tatts!!! Instead of a mongrel we landed a mung bean munching softie too busy doing pottery and auditioning for Jean Paul Gaultier ads.

images - 2024-04-25T115514.226.jpeg images - 2024-04-25T115337.712.jpeg

Balta apparently 2 weeks away.

In: Sonsie, KMac2, Smith, Ryan, Coulthard

Out: Naismith, Hopper (inj), Pickett (susp.), KMac, Banks

The seasons done and we have a nincompoop training the players. Balta and Bolton are our only blue chip youngsters. I want to see Balta played in ressies on managed minutes getting rested every quarter playing 60-70% game time instead of like Lynch brought in and played 90% game time in seniors. FFS's if the club won't be decisive and sack Meehans cohort at least err on the side of caution and ease him back in. Mark my words clubs are circling Balta and if McKay got $900k+ Balta's manager will be fielding offers of $1.1 mil+. With Gibcus iffy we can't afford to lose our only other A grade KP player.

Loved Dow, Hugo and MRJ’s game
They were really impressive..

I totally expected Dow to be overalled and monstered by the demons mids but he was great..
22 poss and 8 tackles! Super game
He’s gonna make it
Any chance sonsie comes back in and the RFC braist
Was pleasing to see Rioli jnr, Ralphsmith and Dow have impressive games and Young, Brown and Lafau building up game time. With a severe lack of leadership, the kids had a positive attitude all night and it was the only positive to take from the game. It took an injury depleted side with blatant cheating from the umpires (again) to get the Demon's win.The Dees had 3 goals on the board in 50 minutes of footy, and 2 of those goals was from questionable frees. ONE legit goal in half a game of footy, and they are top 4 material.. Hilarious.

Hopper "mismanaged" - sadly, once he was out the game we completely lost our structure onball. It appeared we were breaking even in the midfield and we had a crapload of forward 50 entries for no return.

It is exhausting watching the obvious rubbish from the umpires, so I don't go that often these days, Lever's throw, Pickett's shove in the back, May throwing his head back with minimal contact, the three Dees throws in a row on the wing leading to Baker's decapitation, the ball hitting the ump on the full... The list goes on and on.. - all get the tick of approval from the AFL... "bUt iTS tHe Way wE pLAy..." - Gimmie a spell - even neutral supporters that hate us acknowledge the bias.. What shits me is if we lose players like Baker, Rioli etc as this must be exhausting for them week after week...

I hope when the injured players return they are managed correctly, and we drop players that are not part of the future to make way for them. I do like the way Yze works with what we have, and I'm thinking we would have at least 2-3 more wins if we had a full squad to pick from. I don't think we will bottom out completely, but rest assured if we do, the AFL will change draft rules...

Its not all doom and gloom. All I ask is for no more injuries and impartial umpiring for the rest of the year. Let us AT LEAST enjoy watching the kids develop and win games we deserve to win....

Can we please play

Can we please play Sonsieon ball if he comes back in next week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

surely balta is back next week

tape up the leg and send him out
Imagine he gets injured during first game back

I’m driving the chicken s**t truck straight to Mehan’s office

Graham, Pickett, Grimes, Naismith, Macintosh.

2-3 should be playing VFL each week and we should be playing 2-3 kids in their place. Rotating based on form and injury cover where needed.
Pickett went into the centre to keep the Melbourne midfield quiet. Didn’t get many kicks but neither did they. I thought he did pretty well.

The seasons done and we have a nincompoop training the players. Balta and Bolton are our only blue chip youngsters. I want to see Balta played in ressies on managed minutes getting rested every quarter playing 60-70% game time instead of like Lynch brought in and played 90% game time in seniors. FFS's if the club won't be decisive and sack Meehans cohort at least err on the side of caution and ease him back in. Mark my words clubs are circling Balta and if McKay got $900k+ Balta's manager will be fielding offers of $1.1 mil+. With Gibcus iffy we can't afford to lose our only other A grade KP player.
Would just hold him back until Dreamtime essentially a month away and saves an interstate trip to the Gabba the week before

He got may head high….May added a lot of mayo…acted like he was punched in the head

Ironically…May got Baker head high earlier in the game but was called play on
Baker and Pickett get crucified by the umpires week in and week out
almost because they play very hard so lets penalize them. and if they get tackled high with their bustling style, it's nothing to see here

Naismith wasn’t that bad but he’s a ruck not a forward.

Hopper was BOG by a mile until the injury.

Pickett had a great game tagging Trac.

It was really pleasing that Jnr , Hugo and Dow were our better players. More of that please.

I hate saying this but we really are better off not winning another game but just show glimpses via these kids.

If we finished 10th this season we will likely be without Dusty, Grimes and potentially Baker/Broad next year it’s a lot of experience that will go out so the sooner we bottom out and get ourselves a quality first round pick the better. Especially now before Tasmania come in.
Naismith was bloody terrible a woeful idea to play him forward looks like a super rules player out there , wtf Ryan not played , Pickett won his fair share of all , gave it back too often with errant handball mainly

Don't you love that. Or its "our style"

Not to mention the 15 that "were there" for Richmond and not paid. Or that other teams that play a "similar style" don't get the lopsided free kick count.
Excuse the intrusion.

I thought the Demons definitely got favoured by the umpires. Not so much the free kicks paid, but more particularly the non decisions ie. HTB not paid on a few occassions.

The only thing against Hopper are the injuries. His performance was anything but delist or trade worthy.
He did play reasonably well my beef is we appear to have been blindsided re his durability which was pretty apparent in his last few seasons at gws , no way on earth has he got 7y in him as a tiger , who rubber stamped that medical report

I can handle no forward craft. What I can't handle is a 7ft bloke getting his last shot at AFL showing no guts and determination. How many times did he get easily spoiled and drop marks yet fail to do so against shorter blokes. I lost count of times where the Dee's marked it and he's there and his fist was there ripe to belt the ball clear of there hands but instead it's like he's acting the part. Ffs's you've got a reach advantage and are supposed to be desperately clinging to a shot a career. The easiest thing to do in footy has always been spoil a mark and shepherd. Simon Madden would knock the ball 30m clear in a spoiling attempt this supposed ruckman can't even dislodge the ball or make them earn it.

I feel like an old bast@rd watching blokes like him show up thinking we might have some mongrel like from Braybrook/ old Port Melbourne wharfie type a la bones McGhie. This bloody whipper snapper generation where everyone has Tatts!!! Instead of a mongrel we landed a mung bean munching softie too busy doing pottery and auditioning for Jean Paul Gaultier ads.

View attachment 1970241 View attachment 1970242
robert mitchum look.gif

Bet there’s a non-disclosure clause as long as your arm.

(‘Say anything and we’ll bankrupt you.’)
100%

thats why the one that got dicked for gambling hasnt revealed anything

wouldve kicked 4 by default last night with the amount of ball going in

Agree,…it’s not as though the forwards were starved of opportunity…the ball came in a fair amount

we needed Ryan in at Ff helping lefau and good crumbling forwards taking advantage….the mix last night didn’t allow for that despite the amount of ball going in the F50

Back