Review Rd 22 Review - Freo Do Enough to Win over WC

Remove this Banner Ad

That's twice this year a melee has started in a freo game at Optus and the camera haven't captured what started it.

Similar to the Brisbane game while those at the ground probably saw what happened it would be nice for us at home to see what started it all.
It was Nelson punching Serong in the back as he was running off the field. Serong went to ground, got up and went after Nelson.

Darcy got a fine for doing it to Dunkley(?) a few games back. Interestingly not mentioned in the MRO.

No thanks, there's reason that all came to be, which is there are long parts of soccer matches where not much is happening. The sport is the entertainment, not the crowd.

I'm pretty *******h happy I can go to an opposition game and feel safe, can't do that in Europe. Carnival or thug atmosphere, pick your adjective.
That's interesting, all depends on your perspective I guess as I went to a few games (Including a derby) and never once felt unsafe.

I get that the nuances of the sports are different and the game flows a different way ect, there would still be room for more crowd involvement IMO (after goals especially).

FFS you can barely get a Freo chant going these days

We were at the game and saw how the melee began. Of course it was behind the play and it was not filmed or seen by the umpires. Only the retaliation by Freo was seen.
Bradshaw was heading towards the bench and copped a kidney punch from behind by Jackson Nelson. Serong went to support Andy. They were almost at the bench and the melee began.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Caught the train home and I have never shared a train with a more miserable bunch of campaigners that have just won a game.. what happened to the days when we got happy when we managed to kick 2 goals in a row..
My mate was abused by 5 old people as we were the last 2 squeeze in to the carriage..

Have we become the knitting needle nanna brigade ?
Couldn't even get a good chant going for mundys last home game..
Pull your heads in..some of you are a disgrace
Bring some *en passion and leave your crochet at home and smile.
You might even enjoy yourself.

Oy! Don't beat up on us older supporters because of a few!

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

That's interesting, all depends on your perspective I guess as I went to a few games (Including a derby) and never once felt unsafe.

I get that the nuances of the sports are different and the game flows a different way ect, there would still be room for more crowd involvement IMO (after goals especially).

Why not watch the game and get enjoyment from that? Ride the emotions and cheer and chant yourself. If no one else joins in or follows you, so be it, don't get hung up on what others are doing.

Why not watch the game and get enjoyment from that? Ride the emotions and cheer and chant yourself. If no one else joins in or follows you, so be it, don't get hung up on what others are doing.
The game and the atmosphere are linked and all part of the match going experience for me.

I used to go to West Coast home derbies and felt sorry for them due to their lifeless home crowds compared to our raucous Subi crowds.

Crowd was a bit down because they were getting pissed down on, there was a solid chunk of eagles supporters and the team was performing pretty average, we should have won by 50+

Hard to get up and about when we were losing to 17th in the first quarter

For those that have been to a Perth Glory game, I must admit I have not been for quite a few years. When the oppostion goal keeper kicks out the whole crowd did the "You Fat Bastard, You fat bastard, your Sh!t AARRRGGHHH" chant, see video attached.
Imagine 55,000 doing that for every opposition shot at goal, it would be awesome.

Crowd was a bit down because they were getting pissed down on, there was a solid chunk of eagles supporters and the team was performing pretty average, we should have won by 50+

Hard to get up and about when we were losing to 17th in the first quarter
The moment that would have ignited the crowd was Mundy's second kick at goal, if that went through then the crowd would have erupted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

15 years ago a 20,000 freo crowd at subiaco would be the loudest crowd in the AFL.
On Saturday night you could have heard a mouse fart 🤣

I felt the crowd was fine from where I was sitting? Gotta say though a bit hard to bring energy when you kick 17 behinds...

Really sucked it out.

+ Rain keeping a few thousand away then clearing out the lower bowl

+ Derby so plenty of Freagles and Eagles fans snapping up the gen admin tickets

Does anyone remember chanting Lyons is a w***er at the WACA. It was the first time mum said I was allowed to swear. We got told to **** off by Fraser gehrig once. The design of the new stadium does feel a tad impersonal, might explain the quiet crowd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back