Rd 11 player review

Remove this Banner Ad

Reid - was very solid again, shudder to think what our back line would look without him
Pendlebury - not much came off but clearly among our best
Sidebottom - great start but totally shut down in the second half by Ebert, should have been moved forward
Blair - tried hard, burnt the pill, no influence on the game whatsoever, vintage Blair
Greenwood - battled hard against Wines, pass mark, just
Treloar - lots of touches with little impact, not the first time and won't be the last
Frost - beaten badly and looked horrible all day
Toovey - he is done, sadly
Maynard - very wobbly start but was fairly solid in the second half
Cloke - looked much much worse than prior to getting dropped, gonski
Cox - I thought he was outstanding
Grundy - better than last week, pity our mids couldn't capitalise on his dominance
Smith - underwhelming but not the worst, just lacks class and hurt factor
Goodyear - delist
Crisp - our lone hand in contested Footy, gutsy game
Varcoe - average once again, has lost dash and zest for contest for some reason
De Goey - very underwhelming despite having conditions to suit, great hands in close but not much else
White - sadly shat himself few times and didn't have his kicking boots on
Crocker - lively in the first and then disappeared of the radar to tally, fitness? injury?
Howe - down on his recent form but that's not a slight on him, turning out to be a great pick up
Sinclair - he was busy but had bugger all impact, hard game to assess
Oxley - deplorable for about 4 weeks on the trot, don't care about our injury crisis but he just has to be dropped

Reid - was very solid again, shudder to think what our back line would look without him
Pendlebury - not much came off but clearly among our best
Sidebottom - great start but totally shut down in the second half by Ebert, should have been moved forward
Blair - tried hard, burnt the pill, no influence on the game whatsoever, vintage Blair
Greenwood - battled hard against Wines, pass mark, just
Treloar - lots of touches with little impact, not the first time and won't be the last
Frost - beaten badly and looked horrible all day
Toovey - he is done, sadly
Maynard - very wobbly start but was fairly solid in the second half
Cloke - looked much much worse than prior to getting dropped, gonski
Cox - I thought he was outstanding
Grundy - better than last week, pity our mids couldn't capitalise on his dominance
Smith - underwhelming but not the worst, just lacks class and hurt factor
Goodyear - delist
Crisp - our lone hand in contested Footy, gutsy game
Varcoe - average once again, has lost dash and zest for contest for some reason
De Goey - very underwhelming despite having conditions to suit, great hands in close but not much else
White - sadly shat himself few times and didn't have his kicking boots on
Crocker - lively in the first and then disappeared of the radar to tally, fitness? injury?
Howe - down on his recent form but that's not a slight on him, turning out to be a great pick up
Sinclair - he was busy but had bugger all impact, hard game to assess
Oxley - deplorable for about 4 weeks on the trot, don't care about our injury crisis but he just has to be dropped
Pretty much agree, except for Greenwood. He's a liability, shame because we lack down & dirty gutsy players.

Also add.....

Leadership - Non existent, Pendles great player, shouldn't be captain, once again absolutely NO alternative.

I shudder to think how bad the defence would be without Reid and Howe. If we lose either of them we'll be getting done by 70+ every week.

You guys are probably right about Greenwood, he was beaten on the day without a doubt but was able to at least provide some sort of opposition to Port's dominance in contested ball stakes.

My two cents - tried to put them in order from best to worst also

Reid - great all day, has had a really solid year, pity the defense has collapsed around him.
Sidebottom - was definitely our best of the first half, why is he falling away late in games though? Has happened a few times this year, and for a bloke as fit as him it doesn't make a lot of sense.
Pendles - Great game numbers wise but has made a few uncharacteristically poor decisions over the last couple of weeks.
Howe - missed most of the 2nd term but still had 20 & 10, great effort
Grundy - rucked well, was ok around the ground and had a nice mark and goal. Wasn't up against much though
Treloar - started well, faded badly. Lots of quick handballs inflated his numbers.
Sinclair - Was ok, got a fair bit of it & didn't make many mistakes but didn't really have a huge positive impact either.
Greenwood - Tackled well and tries hard but he's so bad with ball in hand.
Crisp - Good in close - didn't get a lot of outside run though which is usually a strength
Cox - Not getting much of it but still has a red hot crack and provides a good target.
De Goey - Nice goal, but looks very tired. Second year blues are evident. Needs a rest IMO
Maynard - does some nice things but still have an issue with his decision making
Smith - I thought he was OK, doesn't do a lot wrong. He's not very quick though..
Varcoe - Not great. Looks tentative, hasn't been very good since he came back from the second hammy. Hope he gets it right soon
Blair - far too many mistakes. The backwards kick at the start of the game that missed the target set the tone for him
White - dumbest footballer in history. Got a bit of it but really has no idea. Not a day for big forwards
Cloke - bereft of confidence, no real impact on the game at all. I'd still play him next week because we literally have no one else
Goodyear - lovely mark in the last quarter. That's about it though, doesn't look up to the grade
Crocker - due for a spell
Toovey - he's finished - hopefully replaced next week, wouldn't be surprised if that's the last we see of him
Oxley - 1 contested possession. Surprised he even had that
Frost - worst game for the club. Brown's not a star but surely he's back over Frost next week.

Reid - thank God he is back. Something to rebuild a backline round.
Pendlebury - for mine way worse than his numbers suggested. Lots of bad choices, not a lot of impact.
Sidebottom - not his best.
Blair - in a nutshell, why he is a problem. That his effort alone keeps him in, and shows up others, is the alpha and omega of why we struggle
Greenwood - got more inside time, was therefore more effective. Still burns it a way too much.
Treloar - low hurt factor game, which is not unusual, and is also why he wasnt worth what we paid.
Frost - needs to go
Toovey - also needs to go. Farewell, old and faithful possum.
Maynard - as always made some bad decisions, but stuck to it. One we need to persist with and get games into.
Cloke - not a day for tall forwards, but looked still out of sorts and effort reduced over time which is a concern. you feel some of his efforts in the second half would have made brows furrow.
Cox - made a contest very time, if we had a ****ing crumber in the side he would generate that many opportunities even when he doesnt get the pill himself.
Grundy - around the ground 10 tapwork 3
Smith - looking tired, may need a spell.
Goodyear - played farcially out of position, no idea from today whether he is any use or not.
Crisp - tried hard but lacks composure
Varcoe - something is not right, needs a spell or change of role.
De Goey - also needs a spell or change of role.
White - comedy is hard. So he should be congratulated.
Crocker - wonder if his ankle is still bad? Seemed to struggle to get to the contest.
Howe - Still good. May have been hampered from the knock in the first.
Sinclair - not many clangers, but not much impact and often was part of the handball chains that went astray.
Oxley - needs to go and probably not come back, for someone who plays such unaccountable football he does very little on the other side of the ledger.

Surprised at the amount of people wanting Crocker dropped - I think he's been one of minimal shining lights in our season so far. Clear replacement for Blair I think as a nice goal kicker. Only difference between the two is Blair gets more of the ball and butchers it every time.

Goodyear - delist 100%
Oxley - trade

Reid - thank God he is back. Something to rebuild a backline round.
Pendlebury - for mine way worse than his numbers suggested. Lots of bad choices, not a lot of impact.
Sidebottom - not his best.
Blair - in a nutshell, why he is a problem. That his effort alone keeps him in, and shows up others, is the alpha and omega of why we struggle
Greenwood - got more inside time, was therefore more effective. Still burns it a way too much.
Treloar - low hurt factor game, which is not unusual, and is also why he wasnt worth what we paid.
Frost - needs to go
Toovey - also needs to go. Farewell, old and faithful possum.
Maynard - as always made some bad decisions, but stuck to it. One we need to persist with and get games into.
Cloke - not a day for tall forwards, but looked still out of sorts and effort reduced over time which is a concern. you feel some of his efforts in the second half would have made brows furrow.
Cox - made a contest very time, if we had a ******* crumber in the side he would generate that many opportunities even when he doesnt get the pill himself.
Grundy - around the ground 10 tapwork 3
Smith - looking tired, may need a spell.
Goodyear - played farcially out of position, no idea from today whether he is any use or not.
Crisp - tried hard but lacks composure
Varcoe - something is not right, needs a spell or change of role.
De Goey - also needs a spell or change of role.
White - comedy is hard. So he should be congratulated.
Crocker - wonder if his ankle is still bad? Seemed to struggle to get to the contest.
Howe - Still good. May have been hampered from the knock in the first.
Sinclair - not many clangers, but not much impact and often was part of the handball chains that went astray.
Oxley - needs to go and probably not come back, for someone who plays such unaccountable football he does very little on the other side of the ledger.
:$

Surprised at the amount of people wanting Crocker dropped - I think he's been one of minimal shining lights in our season so far. Clear replacement for Blair I think as a nice goal kicker. Only difference between the two is Blair gets more of the ball and butchers it every time.

Goodyear - delist 100%

Oxley - trade
Yep the guys had a whole game where we got flogged by 10 goals and isn't even tearing it up yet!! Absolute DUD!

White - dumbest footballer in history. Got a bit of it but really has no idea. Not a day for big forwards
I guess you haven't seen the works of Richard Cole? Even Jack Frost?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess you haven't seen the works of Richard Cole? Even Jack Frost?

Cole was fat, lazy and made poor decisions. Had some ability though. Frost is as dumb as he is unskilled - he doesn't count. White at least has some athletic ability and can do things that impress from time to time. But his decision making is right up there with the worst I've ever seen.

Cole was fat, lazy and made poor decisions. Had some ability though. Frost is as dumb as he is unskilled - he doesn't count. White at least has some athletic ability and can do things that impress from time to time. But his decision making is right up there with the worst I've ever seen.
Can you tell me some bad decisions White made today?

I shudder to think how bad the defence would be without Reid and Howe. If we lose either of them we'll be getting done by 70+ every week.
I shudder to think what Hawthorn's defense would be like if it had as many defenders injured as we do. Take Gibson and Birchall out of their back half while they have Stratton, Duryea and Hodge missing and see how they go.

I'm going to get brutal here.

Howe was great.
Grundy was good-ish
Cox was ok

Everyone else pretty much sucked

Frost isn't even VFL standard. I'm pretty sure my 6 month old son is a better footballer.

Yep the guys had a whole game where we got flogged by 10 goals and isn't even tearing it up yet!! Absolute DUD!
It's not how many possessions a young player wins in his first few games, but you are looking for a moment, a spark, which reveals their future potential. Crocker has already shown he is capable as have Moore and Cox. Goodyear looks slow and not particularly skilled by foot. He has struggled to touch the pill in his two games and has not shown any glimpses of talent which would promote optimism about his future.

The loss and retirement of Shaw, Maxwell and O'Brien cost us a lot of onfield experience and leadership even if they niggled amongst themselves.

We have yet to reintroduce any quality leaders to take control when things go awry.

Our first priority should be to get a good leader from another club as clearly we have not enough options in our existing group.

We might be able to get an older Hawthorn or Geelong player to help transition until Adams is ready.

No coincidence when he isn't in we get burnt bad.

Love Pendles as a player and a leader by example but he is not a great match day captain.

Same can probably be said for the coach unfortunately.

Can you tell me some bad decisions White made today?

TBH you're probably right that there were no standout poor decisions that he made today. This isn't exactly an opinion that I've come up with based on just today's game though.

I
TBH you're probably right that there were no standout poor decisions that he made today. This isn't exactly an opinion that I've come up with based on just today's game though.
one bad decision was kicking from 10 metres out when he could have run right to the goal line

I'm going to get brutal here.

Howe was great.
Grundy was good-ish
Cox was ok

Everyone else pretty much sucked

Frost isn't even VFL standard. I'm pretty sure my 6 month old son is a better footballer.
Reid? I thought he was out BOG clearly

I

one bad decision was kicking from 10 metres out when he could have run right to the goal line

And a shot at goal late ish that should have been kicked to the top of the square.. was rushed through. Not a huge error but an error nonetheless

Remove this Banner Ad

Back