Teams Rate my 2014 AFL Fantasy team

Remove this Banner Ad

Def: J.McVeigh, S.Mitchell, G.Birchall, D.Swallow, M.Suckling, L.McDonald (M.Fuller , J.Laidler)
Mid: G.Ablett, S.Selwood, K.Cornes, J.Selwood, D.Beams, V.Michie, C.Beams, J.Polec (J.Aish, X.Ellis)
Ruck: H.McIntosh, A.Sandilands (F.Thurlow, D.Currie)
Fwd: P.Dangerfield, L.Franklin, P.Chapman, D.Zorko, R.Gray, L.Taylor (D.Garlett, N.Bock)

Very rough first go, no doubt will change massively.

Not bad though. It's amazing you can fit so many guns in the starting lineup though. Obviously your McD, Michie & Taylor are the worries. But you have players to swap with eg- Laidler, Ellis & Bock

You'll be trying to get as many guns and Sydney players on the field for round 1 as possible. I'll be taking my round 1 team very seriously to try to get an adavantage first up.

The rule sucks but we have to exploit it as best we can.

Don't forget, multiple chances in round 1 to get a high scoring captain also :)

Don't forget, multiple chances in round 1 to get a high scoring captain also :)
So many people are going to get sucked in to picking multiple Sydney players in round 1 thinking GWS will just be another easy beat. I certainly will not be doing this, not only will GWS be a lot more competitive this year, but also the way it generally goes against GWS is the middle tier players do well and the top tier players cruise through the game. I will just be picking a normal team for round 1.

So many people are going to get sucked in to picking multiple Sydney players in round 1 thinking GWS will just be another easy beat. I certainly will not be doing this, not only will GWS be a lot more competitive this year, but also the way it generally goes against GWS is the middle tier players do well and the top tier players cruise through the game. I will just be picking a normal team for round 1.

I will certainly be picking 2 or 3 swans players. going to spread it around for round 1. Buddy for sure, even if he kicks 4 or 5 goals, he'll get his 10-15 disposals and a couple of tackles at bare minimum.

Will everyone be picking lowest priced possible D8, M10,R4 & F8? Given the whole team swap using the extra 70-100k could be handy??
Certainly will be doing this. Even could consider D7, M9, R3 and F7 if you are willing to take the risk. It is basically a mid pricer to a premo if you do.

TEAM NAME: STv2

Def: J.McVeigh (96), S.Mitchell (98), R.Henderson (85), D.Swallow (80), M.Suckling (80), M.Fuller (55) (C.Howard (50), J.Laidler (50))

Mid: D.Swan (120), G.Ablett (116), M.Barlow (105), J.Watson (99), D.Beams (107), D.Thomas (90), J.Martin (70), C.Beams (70)
(J.Polec (60), M.Honeychurch (55))

Ruck: M.Lobbe (89), A.Sandilands (75)
(B.Longer (60), D.Currie (40))

Fwd: P.Dangerfield (105), D.Martin (100), L.Franklin (85), T.Walker (80), M.Clark (70), G.Rohan (60)
(A.Fasolo (65), N.Bock (60))

Second go. Still not sure about ablett/swan this year, not the best value to start off with.

Putting this first crack here as a placeholder to come back and have a look at lockout. Reckon i'd only have 1/2 the players still in.....Its the same every year.

Hanley, Pearce B/C
Birchall, Grant B
Swallow, David B/C
Suckling, Matt B
McDonald, Luke B/C
Fuller, Matthew B
Laidler, Jeremy B
Battersby, James B

Ablett jnr, Gary C
Pendlebury, Scott C
Watson, Jobe C
Cotchin, Trent C
Beams, Dayne C
Murphy, Marc C
Thomas, Dale C
Tyson, Dom C
Polec, Jared C
Ellis-Yolmen, Cameron C

Naitanui, NicR
Sandilands, Aaron R
Longer, Billy R
Currie, Daniel R

Dangerfield, Patrick F/C
Martin, Dustin F/C
Wingard, Chad F/C
Franklin, Lance F
Walker, Taylor F
Clark, Mitchell F
Kersten, Shane F
Menzel, Daniel F

Def: mcveigh, mitchell, swallow, suckling, mcdonald, fuller (Howard, j tippett)
Mids: pendles, griffen, boak, d. beams, d. Thomas, aish, tyson, c. Beams (ellis, woodward)
Rucks: Luey, Lobbe (Sandi, nankervis)
Forwards: dangerfield, Martin, parker, franklin, cameron, clark (garlett, bock)

Will change pending rookies. May free up cash in the rucks and shore up mids and backs. Happy with forward line

That's not a positive. If you weren't smart enough to pick Ollie Wines for Round 1, you SHOULD have to use up a trade to correct the mistake you made.

This is the main problem I have with this rule change. Why bother putting effort over the pre-season into picking the best rookies and mid-pricers when you can just change all your picks after a week at no cost anyway?

It just moves the decision to round two. Biggest issue is getting the right premiums and the odd mid pricer.

DEF: S. Mitchell, J. Adcock, L. Russell, M. Suckling, L. McDonald, A. Johnson (S. Edwards, M. Fuller)
MID: J. Watson, T. Cotchin, N. Dal Santo, M. Murphy, M. Grigg, J. Martin, D. Tyson, C. Young (T. Dumont, M. Hallahan)
RUC: M. Lobbe, A. Sandilands (B. Longer, T. Derickx)
FWD: P. Dangerfield, T. Mitchell, C. Sylvia, L. Franklin, S. Mayes, M. Clark (D. Garlett, G. Rohan)
CASH LEFT: $464,200

Tried to go a little different here. Thoughts? Could beef up the mids/def with me left over cash.

my first team, makes hard with martin aish, sheed,kade k and l mac all around 230-250

DEF: S. Mitchell, D. Swallow, M. Suckling, G. Birchall, J. Laidler, B. Martin (K. Kolodjashnij, L. McDonald)
MID: S. Pendlebury, J. Watson, G. Ablett jnr, N. Fyfe, K. Jack, L. Anthony, J. Polec, J. Martin (J. Aish, D. Sheed)
RUC: N. Naitanui, A. Sandilands (B. Longer, D. Currie)
FWD: P. Dangerfield, D. Martin, L. Franklin, T. Walker, M. Clark, A. Fasolo (J. Billings, D. Garlett)
CASH LEFT: $33,200

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Second go, pretty happy with that lineup. What are peoples thoughts?

Not sold on Hmac or Zorko due to injury for hmac and inconsistence for zorko. One injury in rucks could put you in a bad position.

Lonergan pick in mids could be better used elsewhere.

Asides looks good

Not sold on Hmac or Zorko due to injury for hmac and inconsistence for zorko. One injury in rucks could put you in a bad position.

Lonergan pick in mids could be better used elsewhere.

Asides looks good
With 2 trades a week you can certainly take the risk on the rucks. Doing this has allowed to be super strong in other positions. Rookies will not stay the same, obviously NAB will change all of this. However Lonergan was looking really good last year until he went down with the bad hammy injury, will be following him closely in the lead up.

Get on Ryan Bastinac. He's going to really feel the benefit of Dal Santo coming in a kicks goals too.

I really don't understand why people are saying Rohan. Even before he broke his leg he never averaged highly. He's an impact player, not an accumulator.

I really don't understand why people are saying Rohan. Even before he broke his leg he never averaged highly. He's an impact player, not an accumulator.

Best 22 in a top 4 team and priced well... Won't be a keeper but will make money and provide cover. More likely to get games than a 1st year rookie. I'll be looking at Rohan on my forward bench.

Best 22 in a top 4 team and priced well... Won't be a keeper but will make money and provide cover. More likely to get games than a 1st year rookie. I'll be looking at Rohan on my forward bench.

Yeah nah, averaging 15 touches is averaging 15 touches whether you are in a top 4 team or the bottom side where DT is concerned.

Reckon there's better options for the bench.

People are getting jizzy over Rohan because he's an "exciting player" and his horrible injury got a lot of press.

Yeah nah, averaging 15 touches is averaging 15 touches whether you are in a top 4 team or the bottom side where DT is concerned.

Reckon there's better options for the bench.

People are getting jizzy over Rohan because he's an "exciting player" and his horrible injury got a lot of press.

Not why I'm getting him. Job security is a big thing now, and first round rookies are not only priced more, but are not even certain starters in the 22. And starting as a sub is pretty useless for a cash cow.

Edit: I don't think Rohan has reached anywhere near his potential as he has been plauged with injuries. No reason why he can't have a break out year with a good pre season behind him. Those 15 touches could increase to 20.

Not why I'm getting him. Job security is a big thing now, and first round rookies are not only priced more, but are not even certain starters in the 22. And starting as a sub is pretty useless for a cash cow.

I'm certainly not sold on the idea that Rohan is a certain starter. And he seems like pretty good sub material to me.

Anyway, you wanna pick him, your team, go for it.

First draft - mainly to see how much it changes in the end. I always think my first team is the best haha.

B: McVeigh - Mitchell - Swallow - Suckling - Kolodjashnij - McDonald - Scharengberg, Howard
C: Ablett - Watson - Beams - Murphy - Thomas - Martin - Kelly - Aish - Beams, Acres
R: McEvoy - Sandilands - Longer, Currie
F: Dangerfield - Martin - Parker - Franklin - Billings - Bock - Hogan, Lennon

Traditionally I am terrible at Dream Team, so I don't expect this team to be great, but I am looking to try and do a little better than usual this year!

Thoughts?

Nigel Cats Fanplanner squad in the Dream Team competition coached by NigelCats. Salary cap left: $49,600.

Sam Mitchell, Grant Birchall, Liam Picken, Matt Suckling, Kade Kolodjashnij, Luke McDonald
Matthew Fuller, Christian Howard

Scott Pendlebury, Matthew Boyd, Ryan Bastinac, Jack Grimes, Matthew de Boer, Andrew Gaff, Dom Sheed, Claye Beams
Xavier Ellis, Jared Polec

Will Minson, Aaron Sandilands
Billy Longer, Daniel Currie

Patrick Dangerfield, Dustin Martin, Josh J. Kennedy, Dayne Zorko, Josh Caddy, Jesse Hogan
Jack Billings, Dayle Garlett

Traditionally I am terrible at Dream Team, so I don't expect this team to be great, but I am looking to try and do a little better than usual this year!

Thoughts?

Nigel Cats Fanplanner squad in the Dream Team competition coached by NigelCats. Salary cap left: $49,600.

Sam Mitchell, Grant Birchall, Liam Picken, Matt Suckling, Kade Kolodjashnij, Luke McDonald
Matthew Fuller, Christian Howard

Scott Pendlebury, Matthew Boyd, Ryan Bastinac, Jack Grimes, Matthew de Boer, Andrew Gaff, Dom Sheed, Claye Beams
Xavier Ellis, Jared Polec

Will Minson, Aaron Sandilands
Billy Longer, Daniel Currie

Patrick Dangerfield, Dustin Martin, Josh J. Kennedy, Dayne Zorko, Josh Caddy, Jesse Hogan
Jack Billings, Dayle Garlett

It's early season, and I don't really like to comment on other people's teams as I'm no pro.

But I'd have a good look at guys like:
Picken - plays a tagging role, not a huge DTer
Boyd - Getting long in the tooth and will most likely fall a bit off
Bastinac - Keep an eye on NAB Cup form, expensive for an unproven premium
Grimes - Always gets injured, not good enough for mids
de Boar - Not a DTer
Gaff - You know as well as I that he's struggled with the tag, hopefully overcomes it
Kennedy - I don't know if he has much more upside, had a cracking year last year, hard to top.
Zorko - Ask coaches who had him last year if they'd get him again haha

I like that you've selected a few riskier players like the one's mentioned and then guys like Caddy etc. but there is sometimes a reason they're not picked up as much.

Anyway, I'm not saying to drop those players, just keep an eye on how they train/play pre-season.

My first rough team build (obviously it will change shitloads in the next 60 odd days). Note: this is on the virtualsports page, not afl page, I'll delete if there is in the wrong thread

Backs:
J. Bartel, A. Walker, P.Hanley, G.Birchall, D.Swallow, S.Edwards, L.McDonald, J.Laidler

Mids:
J.Selwood, J.Watson, N.Fyfe, T.Cotchin, D.Beams, C.Beams, J.Aish, J.Polec, D.Sheed, M.Crouch

Rucks:
B.Grundy, A.Sandilands, D.Currie, M.King

Forwards:
P.Dangerfield, C.Wingard, M.Walters, D.Zorko(had him last year as well....), M.Clark, J.Paine, S.Kersten, D.Garlett

and a cool $6200 coins left over.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back