Rate A Team: Cora Lynn

Remove this Banner Ad

Spent a lot, dont look like a threat this year, i think they will struggle in the future. Lost a lot of locals in the last 2 years, need them back.

They have spent a fortune in the last 2 years with no result. Like most clubs that try to buy premierships, it doesn't work. They are in a perfect location with a great ground and seem to have plenty of money so they should be pretty competitive in the next few years. They should try to develop some locals and top it up with a few paid players, not try to buy an entire side. It rarely if ever works yet clubs keep trying to do it.

Thats the way to go, it took nyora 5 years to go from bottom of the ladder to making a GF then winning it the next year. It happened cos we played a lot of young guys in the seniors and they all improved, then when the majority of the team was 22-25 they started having sucess. They obvisuosly paid a few big names on top of that but thats how i think teams should go about it.

Ya cant expect to go from bottom to top in 1 or 2 years, it takes longer than that.

After playing Cora Lynn last weekend i can't see them being flag contenders.

Despite common belief Cora Lynn are not paying there blokes extavagent amounts like $600 a game at nilma. Most of Cora Lynns guys are on around $200-$250 a game but the think is the about 16 of there seniors are paid.

In the last 2 years they have gone from having the worst thirds side in the comp and are now 4th on the ladder. There 2's are miles ahead on top so there is plenty to work with for the future.

i will tell you tomorrow. the first time we played them...they were good but we have 6 different players in the team now and some structure so it could go either way this one.

Looks like Cora Lynn are going to spend again in 2008. Brad Horaczo has left Frankston and will be playing just at Cora Lynn next year. Will be a good addition to their side as they struggled a bit with the rucks.

Picking up Hora, Donno and Bankysia you would have to think the Cora lynn will be the side to beat next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back