Rate a movie quadrilogy - Alien Quadrilogy

Remove this Banner Ad

1. Aliens
2. Alien
3. Prometheus
4. Alien 3
5. Alien Covenant
6. Alien Resurrection
I wanted to be different but in terms of quality this would be my list as well.

IMO the Alien scenes in Alien Covenant would rank 2nd on this list, Alien Resurrection 3rd and in 1st place would be Aliens.

1. Alien
2. Aliens
3. Alien3
4. Alien Covenant
Predator
5. Alien Resurrection
AVP1
6. Prometheus

daylight

the meh rest (AVP:R, Pred 2, Preds, The Pred, Prey, probably Romulus)

seen them a gazillion by the way, this and the original Apes quintet were my first franchise loves as a kid, they were my Star Wars

Last edited:

Watched 3 extended edition last night. It's really not a bad movie in isolation, looks nice, quality acting and Fincher's direction is generally very good. But it crapping on the ending of one if the best films ever made and the plot hole as to how the eggs even got there is just too hard to ignore. It's also a very slow movie again which is a hard switch from the previous action.

1. Aliens
2. Alien
3. Prometheus
4. Alien 3
5. Alien Covenant
6. Alien Resurrection

I agree with each of these pairings but would swap them (ie. 1. Alien, 2. Aliens, 3. Alien 3, 4. Prometheus, 5. Alien Resurrection, 6. Alien Covenant).

Really, though, pretty inessential viewing after the first two and I'm not sure there's an enormous amount to recommend, individual scenes aside, after the third.

happen to have bought that same quadrilogy probably 3-4 years ago. yet to sit down and watch all blu ray features etc

aliens one of my favourite movies ever. alien i like a lot. very good but the years have not been as kind as aliens.
third - happy watching it but not as enthusiastic. resurrection - some interesting and poignant moments, some humour from aliens returns. not all the inventiveness involved in this one is good, imo (aliens sacrificing another to escape comes to mind). meh.

others - nuke them from orbit. shitting on the corpse of the aliens franchise harder than the third one shits on hicks and newt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back