Random discussion thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes I did. His brother's reaction - something along the lines of "Yeah I thought he wimped out, but it's a good thing he didn't lose a leg" was also jaw-droppingly staggering.

And we're planning on having a shark cull. An idiot cull might be better...

-- just saw a ranger ute -- number plate 'barks' with Hawk premiership/membership stickers all over it.

I salute thee.

chuck_norris_salute.gif

Was this the thread where I mentioned my friend was building a full size Lego car that runs entirely on air?

Project is complete now and his YouTube clip has 3.5 million views. Will post the video once I find the link

I saw that !!! Legends. I salute thee again.

chuck_norris_salute.gif

I'll be off to brickvention on Sunday morning at exhibition building -- I heart lego.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a bit of film trivia, especially if your going to be dragged off by your wife or GF to see the Aussie film "The Dressmaker". (I'm told its the favourite film of the St Kilda FC, their players have seen the film at least twice already and have requested copies of the dresses - lets face it as they have, they will never make it as footballers with that club!)

The guy who plays Liam Hemsworth's dad in the film is in fact a 41 year Hawthorn FC member Mr. Stan Leman. Well done Stan!

Just a bit of film trivia, especially if your going to be dragged off by your wife or GF to see the Aussie film "The Dressmaker". (I'm told its the favourite film of the St Kilda FC, their players have seen the film at least twice already and have requested copies of the dresses - lets face it as they have, they will never make it as footballers with that club!)

The guy who plays Liam Hemsworth's dad in the film is in fact a 41 year Hawthorn FC member Mr. Stan Leman. Well done Stan!

Is it worth going to see it Rusty??

A lot of the movie The Dressmaker was made around my area. The Dressmaker editor Jill Bilcock was born in the same place as me, Horsham. Jill Bilcock is in for an AACTA award. Be nice to see her win one..:) We had a special viewing here with quite a few actors attending the movie in one of our theatres here in October.:)

A lot of the movie The Dressmaker was made around my area. The Dressmaker editor Jill Bilcock was born in the same place as me, Horsham. Jill Bilcock is in for an AACTA award. Be nice to see her win one..:) We had a special viewing here with quite a few actors attending the movie in one of our theatres here in October.:)

Yes, know Jill. She worked here on "Don't be afraid of the dark" and has an impressive resume including working with Baz Luhrmann on his projects; Tom Hanks in "Road to Perdition" (you can see the location of the famous gun battle of that movie in a NY Street in the rain at the Warner Bros LA back lot) and of course editior of Muriel's Wedding.

Horsham... I think they were there for at least 3 weeks. The dust and mud those trucks brought back!!!

More random trivia. One of my very very close friends John Tui played "Beast" in the movie Battleship.

More random trivia. One of my very very close friends John Tui played "Beast" in the movie Battleship.
On another note, he also played Bolg son of Azog in the Hobbit III

Yes, there has never been a shortage of idiots.

It is frightening isn't it? Years ago you may hear the odd story of stupidity, but it seems these days you hear a new one every day. People out there are turning the act of idiotic behaviour into an art form. Just take the drug problem at these rock festivals. A girl dies in Brisbane, the festival comes to Adelaide a few days later and still people are willing to pop pills without having a clue what's in them, and another one dies. The world is just becoming way too stupid for me.

Just a quick whinge. Why is it there are millions of devices out there that only require 1, 2, or 3 AA batteries, but you can only buy them in packs of 4? It pisses me off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back