Random Discussion II

Remove this Banner Ad

I just found out from my Mum that her doctor said she has pre-cancer. Next Tuesday she’s going in for a Covid test at the hospital and then next Friday she is having a Lumpectomy (out same day) and then she will be on these tablets for 10 years. Since my Mum’s mammogram last week, we thought it was cancer which would have meant a Lumpectomy, 15-18 courses of radiation therapy and possibly chemotherapy. But because it’s pre-cancer, it is only going to be the Lumpectomy and then tablets. My Mum has had cancer three times in her life. It simply couldn’t handle her again.

Hang in there RPCB. Going through it with my sister. It’s a hard road.

Sorry to hear that, RPCB.

Hopefully she stays healthy and the cancer stays away this time.

Wishing you guys all the best.

Thank you mate. Hopefully it does stay away for good, this is a great result after the last few days. She’s one strong woman,

Hang in there RPCB. Going through it with my sister. It’s a hard road.

Thank you mate. And sorry to hear your sister is going through it too. Good luck to your sister and your entire family.

I just found out from my Mum that her doctor said she has pre-cancer. Next Tuesday she’s going in for a Covid test at the hospital and then next Friday she is having a Lumpectomy (out same day) and then she will be on these tablets for 10 years. Since my Mum’s mammogram last week, we thought it was cancer which would have meant a Lumpectomy, 15-18 courses of radiation therapy and possibly chemotherapy. But because it’s pre-cancer, it is only going to be the Lumpectomy and then tablets. My Mum has had cancer three times in her life. It simply couldn’t handle her again.
I'm sorry to hear that your Mum has had such a rough go of things, she is obviously made of pretty stern stuff.
Wishing you & your family nothing but the best, mate.

I'm sorry to hear that your Mum has had such a rough go of things, she is obviously made of pretty stern stuff.
Wishing you & your family nothing but the best, mate.

Thank you mate. She really is made of stern stuff. We should all be thankful to the women in our lives.

Have you seen the new Netflix series, Cobra Kai? It flirts with that idea by showing Johnny Lawrence as the main protagonist. Essentially, the line between who you believe to be the good guy and bad guy depends on the perspective and interpretation of events - something the show even goes into with regard to the original movie set 34 years before this.

I didn’t even know this thread existed so wasn’t sure where to locate this post again to come back to The Karate Kid. I rewatched the first four KK movies recently and watched the first 2 Cobra Kai seasons. So bloody good. I went into it not expecting much but it blew me away how good it is. So many funny one-liners too lol.

The writers said that any character from KK 1-4 (all canon to the CK series) could make an appearance, even ones who had 1 or 2 lines. I hope that means Terry, Barnes, Chozen and Kumiko and Julie Pierce (Hilary Swank) and who can forget BD Wong?

Last edited:
I have literally gone through an entire box of tissues this afternoon , because of my severe hay fever and allergies. I know Spring is a rougb time usually for us Hay Fever sufferers but today has been especially rough for me, but its been extra harsh today, my eyes have been so itchy and swollen up and my nose is redder than an Lush who has had an all day bender at their local bar .

Also sending my best wishes and healing thoughts to RPCB and Boy with chook and their loved ones and their brave battles they are going through.

Stay strong friends, am here if you need anything :)

I have literally gone through an entire box of tissues this afternoon , because of my severe hay fever and allergies. I know Spring is a rougb time usually for us Hay Fever sufferers but today has been especially rough for me, but its been extra harsh today, my eyes have been so itchy and swollen up and my nose is redder than an Lush who has had an all day bender at their local bar .

Also sending my best wishes and healing thoughts to RPCB and Boy with chook and their loved ones and their brave battles they are going through.

Stay strong friends, am here if you need anything :)

Thank you mate! I appreciate that a lot. 👍

So my Mum went in for her surgery last Friday and got the results just before. Great result, the cancer is gone. The surgeon said it was Low-grade DCIS cancer and that my Mum won’t need to start any medication just yet but she will eventually when she chooses which tablets to go on, there are more than one choice. Fingers crossed that this is the last cancer gets anywhere near my Mum.

So my Mum went in for her surgery last Friday and got the results just before. Great result, the cancer is gone. The surgeon said it was Low-grade DCIS cancer and that my Mum won’t need to start any medication just yet but she will eventually when she chooses which tablets to go on, there are more than one choice. Fingers crossed that this is the last cancer gets anywhere near my Mum.
Awesome news dude.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back